41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

I'm glad everyone enjoyed the pics. Thx for the warning on the crushed boxes on the bottom, most of the pics were taking before I boxed everything up, so they weren't stacked for too long, as I'm pretty picky about my boxes as well.  I own a donut shop that's over 3,000 s.f., and I only need about half of that s.f. for my business, so I a have couple storage rooms that I can use for legos...probably enough to hold about 500k in legos, so I don't have to worry about space. =) Plus, my shop is open 24 hrs, so there's always someone guarding my legos. lol  I started investing about 2 yrs ago, and i'm up to about 75k, on my last count. That's with roughly 25-30k cash invested, a lot of work flipping sets, and a little help from my buddy Chris Weidman. lol  My plan is to get to 250k in 2-3 yrs, then cash out half of it, to put down on a house, and rebuild my stash. Here's couple pics of some boxed up legos, and those darn FB's!  (my first investment) =(  I'm sure everyone struck out with those. 

Btw, I wanted to thank Ed, and Jeff for creating this site! It's awesome, and one of the best ideas ever! And also, thx to everyone for being so nice in here. I think this is a much nicer crowd than brickset. I don't really like to post much...just do a lot of reading, and all the info on this site is GREAT! Thx again

Ah ha...that explains the tiles in one of the pictures. I always worry about the boxes on the bottom from crushing as well as moisture and flooding. I'm sure you got that covered already. Best of luck, it looks like you got plenty of good sets except for the FB I have pared back. =)

I don't think you can write off the FB until after retirement.

Very impressive pictures and layout of your business.  Should we all also get into the donut business?  ;)

Pretty rough business...I have to get up at 2 am, EVERYDAY of the yr, as I also make the donuts, but it's pretty profitable...just wish my rent wasn't so much (almost 7k per month!)

Or you can hook up with the Macks...the customer can get an oil change, have a donut, and buy some legos.

"Have an A1 day!" 

lol I was actually considering doing a little toy store at my shop, selling mainly legos, but I don't want to be there more than I am already.  I do have 32 flavors of some excellent ice cream there. Maybe I should change the shop's name to something like this: Donuts, Bagels, and Legos. lol

Pics or never happ... oh wait... :D

Darin, impressive stash.  Let me ask the one logical question:  Have you been blacklisted by TLG ?

yes, I have been...it happened when I first started. I bought a couple sets on ebay from the CC scammers, before I knew about it, and TLC blacklisted me shortly after...but I do have a couple willing sisters, and some friends that help me buy stuff when I need, with their info. =) I don't buy from TLC much anyways.  I buy most of my legos from target.com....I have a connection for target giftcards for 20% off.  So, when target has a sale, I load up for the double discount, as target doesn't really have a limit on lego exclusives....plus ******(I got almost $1,000 back from ****** last quarter!)

These are all $500 target cards that I already used to buy legos with.

post-388-0-86010300-1379621249_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

That's my buddy !!!    If I was impressed with the pics you sent me , now that I saw your combis and crawlers collection, I am even more amazed !!!

Thanks for sharing....

Lol Hey, what's up Bolivar! I just met this guy from ebay a couple days ago. He's a new investor, and just bought a couple Maerk Trains from me, and then talked me into selling him a couple of my DA's, that I didn't really want to sell, but he's a nice guy.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

Darin - With such a massive inventory and it being at a shop do you have it insured? and if so at what point did it cross your mind to do so?  

Darin - With such a massive inventory and it being at a shop do you have it insured? and if so at what point did it cross your mind to do so?  

no, I don't.  I tried asking my insurance comp. about it, but they said I would have to insure the legos under another business.  The storage room that I'm keeping all of the legos now is solid bricks, all the way around, so I don't really have to worry about a fire.  As far as somebody trying to steal my legos, they would first have to rent a truck, con one of my employees into letting them in the back, break into my pretty secure lego room, and load up all the legos, and try to sell them somehow...doubt that's ever going to happen. Plus I have tons of cctv cameras everywhere, so I feel pretty safe.  I would never keep my legos at a storage facility, or even at my residence.

His collection isn't even the most awe-inspiring thing in this thread, it's that guarantee! There's no way Weidman gets those kinds of odds in December, figures to be what? +100 or +120? Unless you grabbed the odds at open and then I applaud your guts. :blink:

Don't sleep on the Spider though, I can't see him losing AGAIN. But he's not as easy money as he was now, and the odds show Vegas' level of confidence.

Back on topic - Awesome collection. :)

no, I don't.  I tried asking my insurance comp. about it, but they said I would have to insure the legos under another business.  The storage room that I'm keeping all of the legos now is solid bricks, all the way around, so I don't really have to worry about a fire.  As far as somebody trying to steal my legos, they would first have to rent a truck, con one of my employees into letting them in the back, break into my pretty secure lego room, and load up all the legos, and try to sell them somehow...doubt that's ever going to happen. Plus I have tons of cctv cameras everywhere, so I feel pretty safe.  I would never keep my legos at a storage facility, or even at my residence.

Are you hiring?  Where can I get an application of employment?  Minimum wage for me will be fine..

Nice collection...

Yeah if you look back a couple of pages, I posted a link when TRU came back in stock for like 2 minutes. They were gone quick. 

I also used the word "Brochachos" but I didn't get any plus 1's. Its a tough world out there. :)

I swear I liked that post. But if I like any more of your posts, I'm going to get my privileges taken away! :punish:

• Like 1