41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

As of yesterday I was still able to find this set for retail. Discover Mall I think its called in Atlanta. The salesperson said they had "some" in the back but wouldn't tell me how many. I passed since I am traveling for work.

I travel every week and this is the third Lego store that has had them in stock. I wish I had the money to buy them all but I'll pass on the info to you guys. Anyone in Atlanta should jump on these.

I don't have super high hopes on this... but figured it's worth the shot.

How long did it take for them to send you anything about canceling the order?

It was about 2 weeks.  I was going to have them price match my $169.99 from the previous order.  I probably would have canceled any I got at $239.99, since it would end up being $250+ w/ tax.

I had ordered five from TRU Canada back in August along with Masterpiece Soundwave for 89.99 (crawlers are 249.99). I just hot confirmation that my Soundwave has shipped and 4 of the 5 crawlers were "located in stock" which I'm told means that inventory was set aside for my order. 1 still says back ordered.

It was about 2 weeks.  I was going to have them price match my $169.99 from the previous order.  I probably would have canceled any I got at $239.99, since it would end up being $250+ w/ tax.

Considering mine were bought earlier today for $480 a piece, 250 is a good deal.

If I get mine, they are going straight to Mark.

Hmmm...I've been debating weather or not to sell my 30 sets to him. I'd be getting about 12k, and plan on using that money to bet on the  Chris Weidman UFC fight in Dec....I bet about 10k, and got back 30k on his last fight. I was about 80-85% sure he was going to win that fight. For this rematch, I'm about 90-95% confident. For any of you gambler out there, bet on Chris Weidman on Dec.28.! You'll be thanking me later. Sorry to get off the subject... Anyways, If I bet the 12k, and, when Chris wins, I'd be getting back about 25-30k, pretty much over night. That sounds a lot better to me than holding on to these sets for a couple yrs to reach that figure. And honestly, I don't really see this fight is a high risk, or even low risk. So, as of now, I'm leaning towards selling him my sets.  What do yall think? In all, I plan on selling about 25-30k in legos before the fight, and bet it all on Chris.  I'd be getting back about 60k, and going to reinvest that back into legos. Can't wait for Christmas! lol

• Like 1

Hmmm...I've been debating weather or not to sell my 30 sets to him. I'd be getting about 12k, and plan on using that money to bet on the  Chris Weidman UFC fight in Dec....I bet about 10k, and got back 30k on his last fight. I was about 80-85% sure he was going to win that fight. For this rematch, I'm about 90-95% confident. For any of you gambler out there, bet on Chris Weidman on Dec.28.! You'll be thanking me later. Sorry to get off the subject... Anyways, If I bet the 12k, and, when Chris wins, I'd be getting back about 25-30k, pretty much over night. That sounds a lot better to me than holding on to these sets for a couple yrs to reach that figure. And honestly, I don't really see this fight is a high risk, or even low risk. So, as of now, I'm leaning towards selling him my sets.  What do yall think? In all, I plan on selling about 25-30k in legos before the fight, and bet it all on Chris.  I'd be getting back about 60k, and going to reinvest that back into legos. Can't wait for Christmas! lol

Just wow

He emailed me an offer for my last 3. He said he wants 500 before Dec 1.! He offered me more for these last 3 than he has paid for others..outside of ebay...and offered paypal cash..so no paypal fees either....think he might be getting 2 more tomorrow! I am keeping at least 1.

I really need to get a spreadsheet together...forgot my brother grabbed one at peabody store for me..and I never picked it up....and another vip card with positive points!

He emailed me an offer for my last 3. He said he wants 500 before Dec 1.! He offered me more for these last 3 than he has paid for others..outside of ebay...and offered paypal cash..so no paypal fees either....think he might be getting 2 more tomorrow! I am keeping at least 1.

I really need to get a spreadsheet together...forgot my brother grabbed one at peabody store for me..and I never picked it up....and another vip card with positive points!

Is this guy domestic or outside of the US?

You might want to diversify a bit?  But as long as you're having fun, go for it!  I bet 5k against the Chicago Cubs once, they won.  Talk about a low risk bet.

Up until 2 years ago it was supremely easy to make more than 100% net profit in one year when ebay was all about auctions. With the demise of ebay I now settle for 100% thru fee free channels. The days of making big $$$ in this sport are long gone.

I'd love to hear more about the free channels you utilize.

I think this would also make an excellent informational blog post.

One has to be Craigslist...

I would think. Craigslist is very dependent on the market around you though.

In my town, unfortunately craigslist is crap. There are basically 0 Lego fans in my town besides me.

The upside is when something pops up on Craigslist, I leave it for two weeks, then email them about lowering the price. I have gotten some really good deals out of it.

• Like 1