41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

Beat me to it, DNIIM...I just got an e-mail from TRU letting me know this was in stock.  Limit one per person.

*EDIT* Anyone else chancing availability by waiting for the FRIENDS20 promo code to kick in (I think tomorrow or Friday)?

That's the million dollar question.  I got the email too.  Is this proof that another "wave" is coming?

If he paid by Paypal all he has to do over the next 180 days is open a dispute with Paypal and state you shipped him an empty box. He will win this case EVERY time. You do not want to be attempting these types of transactions with people you do not know. In these siutations you use an escrow service or wire transfers. Hopefully this will not happen but going forward you do not want to take this type of risk again.

He will win this case provided he hasn't tried it before. Too many "empty box" claims and PayPal and eBay do take notice and cut them off. Since this guy buys a lot, I'd expect he wants to keep his buyer protection privileges and will avoid these kind of shenanigans.

That's the million dollar question.  I got the email too.  Is this proof that another "wave" is coming?

It was listed as available for international shipping, so I thought I'd go for it... after adding it to my cart and trying to check out, I got this:

The following item: LEGO Technic 4 X 4 Crawler Co-creation 41999 has limited inventory. We've adjusted the quantity below to reflect the number we have available.

Limited inventory? You think? My cart was emptied...

Gone at tru already. 

I valued them how I agreed to value them with the buyer. It was not for $400 each--that may be what he values them at--since he paid that much--but I don't value them as high.  I paid $200 each brand new at the store.  I am selling him sets that have been sitting unopened on my shelf.  I don't value them nearly as high as he does--which is why I sold them to him.

I don't fear ebay or paypal--especially since they are the same company.  I don't fear customs, or postal inspectors, or any government agency--or taxing agency.  I simply don't have these fears---for better or worse.

Lol, feels good doesn't it? I am SOOO glad I work on a computer all day.

I'm on and off the computer at work all day but I always miss the stuff people post... Oh, Harry Potter stuff at B&******? Annnd it's gone.

Now I just hope they ship. The next evolution of missing out: I finally get to order something and it doesn't ship. THAT would be my luck lately. LOL

Gone at tru already. 

I valued them how I agreed to value them with the buyer. It was not for $400 each--that may be what he values them at--since he paid that much--but I don't value them as high.  I paid $200 each brand new at the store.  I am selling him sets that have been sitting unopened on my shelf.  I don't value them nearly as high as he does--which is why I sold them to him.

I don't fear ebay or paypal--especially since they are the same company.  I don't fear customs, or postal inspectors, or any government agency--or taxing agency.  I simply don't have these fears---for better or worse.

bp_1379529563__fear.jpg

I'm on and off the computer at work all day but I always miss the stuff people post... Oh, Harry Potter stuff at B&******? Annnd it's gone.

Now I just hope they ship. The next evolution of missing out: I finally get to order something and it doesn't ship. THAT would be my luck lately. LOL

Yeah, that would suck a lot.

At least its not Kmart, then it would probably show up as a chima set or something.

Any time I want to break a rule, I run a cost/benefit analysis, if only in my head.

If I break the speed limit by 5 miles per hour, there's not much cost - even if "caught" I'm unlikely to even be pulled over - so I might decide the benefit is worth it.

If I break the speed limit by 50 miles per hour, there's a very high cost if I'm caught, there's a very high risk cost to myself and other humans (in many cases), so I will not do it.

If I break the rules of eBay, PayPal, and government and taxing agencies, the cost is potentially quite high in income loss, suspension of my account, hassle factor, criminal charges, jail time, fines, penalties, etc. Not worth it to me.

If I break Lego's rules and purchase things from them for resale, the benefit is worth the potential cost if I'm caught -- I really don't need a VIP account for our personal purchases, so the only penalty if I'm caught and booted from VIP is that I can no longer get discounts and freebies if I buy for resale from them (unless I want to further try to skirt around their rules, which I might very well - again, cost/benefit is likely worth it to me.)

Some might call it "fear", I call it "sense".  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I spend roughly 100 hrs per year buying and selling. My day job is 20 x that unfortunately. I do not flip constantly. Just buy a set at roughly 25-30% discount online, hold it for a year, and sell it for 100% net profit. Most of those 100 hrs are reading these forums lol.

"Bought mine for $190 (Discover CB and no tax in my state). Sold for $400 after shipping (no fees). Already on to the next deal. I aim for 100% net profit each year. So after 5 years while this set may sell at $1k I will have already turned my $200 to close to $13k. Started out with $300 5 years ago and already have over $40k in inventory....I did not get there by sitting on sets for 5 years lol."

Are you saying you turned $300 to $40,0000 or $300 to $4,000?

If you put $300 down to start out 5 years ago and have $40,000 in inventory now - that would not be possible based on your buy, hold for a year and sell at 100% profit strategy. Year 1 = $300. Year 2 = $600 Year 3 = $1,200 Year 4 = $2,400, Year 5 = $4,800.

Making $4,000 seems logical, still difficult to do, but congrats on that success.

I know. Some of us are like an insecure boyfriend:

I think something wrong. She must not like me. Am I sure she likes me? what if she breaks up with me? What if she thinks Im not cool enough? Im not good enough for her...

That's why it is important to have more than 1 girlfriend, so you get more than 1 source for affirmation  :D :D :D

"Bought mine for $190 (Discover CB and no tax in my state). Sold for $400 after shipping (no fees). Already on to the next deal. I aim for 100% net profit each year. So after 5 years while this set may sell at $1k I will have already turned my $200 to close to $13k. Started out with $300 5 years ago and already have over $40k in inventory....I did not get there by sitting on sets for 5 years lol."

Are you saying you turned $300 to $40,0000 or $300 to $4,000?

If you put $300 down to start out 5 years ago and have $40,000 in inventory now - that would not be possible based on your buy, hold for a year and sell at 100% profit strategy. Year 1 = $300. Year 2 = $600 Year 3 = $1,200 Year 4 = $2,400, Year 5 = $4,800.

Making $4,000 seems logical, still difficult to do, but congrats on that success.

I believe he said he turned $300 into $40,000 worth of inventory over a five year period and that he can take the $200 profit from the 41999 he sold and turn it into $13,000 in 5 years.