41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

3? 4? It's going to depend on what the buyer thinks the future value of the 41999 is.

I mean, rare as it is, it's still a Technic set.

That is what I was estimating too. I am leaning more towards 4 because the 10196 is worth about $1350. I would out a current value of the 41999 at about $350. You also have to factor in the value of the 10196 in the future.

Admittedly I'm a Technic fan, but given the fact the 41999 is a limited set and just 1.5 months on the secondary market, I do see much more potential at the 41999. Whereas in percentage the GC will naturally slow down its increase. So personally I would first await Xmas time and see how the Boss will appreciate before making some hasty decisions. Good luck what ever your decision will be ;-)

I think the 10196 will continue to hold value, until TLG or someone releases a programmable sound brick.  I think the only valuable (impossible to find) piece in 10196 is the sound brick, and perhaps the green 48x48 baseplate.

10196 is a very beautiful set and kids love it, but I am not sure if it's worth over $1000.  For that price, I'd rather look for a complete Statue of Liberty.

Anyone here wants to trade 41999 for Statue of Liberty?

I am new to LEGO investment. Having a strong feeling to kick start LEGO investment.... but still feel a bit scared of the amount need to invest.

On the other hand, yes, I do wish to build it also..... I have the 9398 and modular buildings.

Any advice will be much appreciated.