9398 - 4x4 Crawler

Brynanm1213

Hasn't it been like that for a week now? Still some to be found at retail in Canada if you know where to look but retail is $250+ tax so I don't know how well it will do with plenty of people still unloading 41999s.

What would be cool is if they replaced this with a new model that was a little faster out of the box (or with an alternate build option).

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I have opportunity to buy this set for - let's say - for 134 Euros. It would be wise to make an investment to this set - if we would talk about EU? From the topic I understand that answer is yes, but I also know that technic is not the biggest winner and some people mention that they are unloading still 41999. Thanks for any opinion.

134 is a sensible price now it is EOL - the main handicap you will find with this set is the box size, both for transport and for storage. You may also want to consider parting it out for a quicker profit as the power functions, portal axles and wheels are quite rare.

Yeah, be realistic, there are 4 fairly similar flagships sets in the 2 crawlers, unimog and volvo and I would say that the ceiling will be closer to 300 as it is the least desirable and poorest value for money of all of them. The one to be investing in is the MK2 Crane as it has no really similar model and cranes have always performed very well.

• 3 weeks later...

So I picked one of these up today for $200 plus tax but now I am doubting my purchase which I don't often do but I am not sure about technic sets,  is it worth keeping it or should I just return it?

Most of us bought in at $150 or cheaper, so $200 isn't a good entry point for this set.  You'll be waiting a lot longer to make any money.

Edited by naf

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think to unload all of them now. But im not 100% sure. This is my first technic set I attempt to sell. So, my experience is zero. Sell or not to sell?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Brickpicker mobile app

Way to early to sell. Technic are long term holds, 2 years minimum. I am not even selling unimogs yet.