9398 - 4x4 Crawler

Brynanm1213

I personally love 9398. Have one at the moment. And is his last year. I hope :)

In my opinion this is a winner. Not many people have it for investment in large numbers so after EOL it well be hard to find.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Brickpicker mobile app

I personally love 9398. Have one at the moment. And is his last year. I hope :)

In my opinion this is a winner. Not many people have it for investment in large numbers so after EOL it well be hard to find.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Brickpicker mobile app

I completely agree. Most Technic sets do very well after EOL. Some sets from a couple years ago have very impressive values. I hope that the 4X4 continues with this trend.

I believe there is a big market for this that we're underestimating. Spending some time over at eurobricks reveals a lot about sets like these.

There definitely is a big market for these sets, but not a lot of people invest in them, which makes them soar in value.

I completely agree. Most Technic sets do very well after EOL. Some sets from a couple years ago have very impressive values. I hope that the 4X4 continues with this trend.

There definitely is a big market for these sets, but not a lot of people invest in them, which makes them soar in value.

Given the surge in general investing over the past couple of years, maybe it's time for the more discerning invested to look at these yet untapped areas.

I happen to agree with you.  This theme is one that has done well historically and you can still find discounts on it.

19 - 9398 4 x 4

11 - 42000 Grand Prix**

15 - 9396 Rescue Helicopter

11 - 42006 Excavator

2 - 42009 MKII

Asterisks indicate which one I think will have the best CAGR from full retail price.  Just my opinion.

Given some of the discounts the other sets have experienced may move them up the ladder.

My ave price for 9398 is still below 130/set

72/set for 9396

80/set for 42000 (beauty when built)

I have both. The 42009 box weighs more because it contains 6 manuals instead of 3 - almost half the parts are blue and black pins. Despite this, it is still a great build and should do better on resale as cranes are a stronger market than cars.

I happen to agree with you.  This theme is one that has done well historically and you can still find discounts on it.

19 - 9398 4 x 4

11 - 42000 Grand Prix**

15 - 9396 Rescue Helicopter

11 - 42006 Excavator

2 - 42009 MKII

Asterisks indicate which one I think will have the best CAGR from full retail price.  Just my opinion.

Given some of the discounts the other sets have experienced may move them up the ladder.

My ave price for 9398 is still below 130/set

72/set for 9396

80/set for 42000 (beauty when built)

Cars made with lego technic are cool IMO but sadly not as investments.

I wouldn't have took that much F1 (42000). It does not seem so appreciated (set often discounted, available everywhere).

The rest is ok though. :)

Only my two cents

Great, I may have to go back to TRU and pick up the 4x4's. I pass by them every time. Now, some guy on the internet I don't know has convinced me I probably need this. :money:

What's the technic market like in America? I see your prices are high compared to Europe. It may well be that your money is spent better elsewhere if there isn't great demand for the range

Technic is pretty popular here. But the age range is a lot more limited and pretty much boys only. I myself only played with Technic when I was around 10 to 14, and a little when  I was 15-16 but felt too old for it then. Dont really know how popular it is among AFOL's, you can build very cool things with it.

In my local TRU the F1 race car has not been discounted much ($160), while the helicopter has not been selling well, even at the $99 "clearance" price.

How do you know the rescue helicopter is not selling well? It could be getting restocked. eBay sold four of them at $100 in the last week.