Prediction of worth for Series 10 "Mr. Gold"

TheOrcKing

Thanks Brian, I just looked through my spare hair piece drawer and I do have the hair. I remembered seeing it but just thought it was an older variant. I had no idea it was worth anything. To bad I think I sold the figure with a regular hairpiece in a lot last week.

I guess you learn something new everyday! That's the reason I use this site. I probably would have sat on that instead of selling it for good money.

Now, you just have to get the Leia from that set, and switch out the hair piece to make the rarer and more valuable minifigure.

A supermarket near me is selling sealed new boxes of series 10 for 100.  I really want to buy 3 boxes in an ultimate attempt to get a Mr Gold.  I (think I) will be able to return and ask for a refund of the boxes (hopefully they won't notice the seals have been opened) if I don't find one, but I just wonder if it's worth the hassle... 

What do you think?  Is there a chance at all?  Or have they all been given out with the first batches of series 10?  I don't trust the Mr Gold map because many have chosen not to registers theirs in hopes of selling it at an exorbitant price.

$100 bucks, it just throwing your cash away. Staff, warehouse staff, know the game, if they haven't checked all the bags 1st, your lucky. Mr Gold was Lego's worst, clever idea. Stomping

If I'm understanding correctly, these are sealed boxes of 60.  $100 for these is a steal, and in no way a waste.  I understand your not liking how Lego did Mr. Gold, but to get sealed boxes of series 10 for this price is in no way throwing money away.

• Like 1

If I'm understanding correctly, these are sealed boxes of 60.  $100 for these is a steal, and in no way a waste.  I understand your not liking how Lego did Mr. Gold, but to get sealed boxes of series 10 for this price is in no way throwing money away.

I'm right with you. I see the OP is located in France, if that's right. So are we talking 100

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Went to my local Walmart last night and discovered a series 10 display. They haven't had this in the past and the bags looked crips. Figured I would give it a shot since I'm missing 4 figures. Found 3 of them (Captain, Mechanic, Mime) but the most exciting part was when I felt a straight stick, a lightsaber handle, and a top hat. Mr. Gold ladies and gentlemen. I couldn't believe my luck since I'd pretty much given up finding him. My 6 year old was ecstatic and I told him we will probably sell him to get funds for more LEGOs. 

So how do I maximize my profits? There are currently two auctions on eBay right now. One is up to $520 and the other at $560.99. There are also a bunch buy it now from $700 to $1,200. 

Do I wait? Will Christmas time be better? Will they still go up in value or have we hit a plateau? Do I start at $1 and see what happens? Any advice would be appreciated.