Prediction of worth for Series 10 "Mr. Gold"

TheOrcKing

Guest eightbrick

Where did she find the AC custom? It looks really well made.

Looks like a fleshie variation of the Ezio sold by eBay user iminifig2009. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-LEGO-assassins-creed-II-Ezio-127A-/170723951188?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item27bff0c254

Not sure if that user made the minifigure as similar designs have been making the rounds on other eBay stores, and in the cut-throat world of Lego customs, who knows who made it in the first place.

The smoothed haired Leia was a mis-mould by Lego, and has been reported to appear in some 10198 Tantive IV's and 6212 X-Wing Fighter. On average, it is worth $157.98 new at Bricklink http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?M=sw175a.

sw175a.jpg?3

Thanks Brian, I just looked through my spare hair piece drawer and I do have the hair. I remembered seeing it but just thought it was an older variant. I had no idea it was worth anything. To bad I think I sold the figure with a regular hairpiece in a lot last week.

I guess you learn something new everyday! That's the reason I use this site. I probably would have sat on that instead of selling it for good money.

i was thinking i would - any suggestions?

Oh, many.  I keep wanting to start one for my mini figs in my woodshop, but work keeps me away from investing in any amount of time.  But, I believe you would have to test a few pieces out, if you were serious about a great display case.  I would recommend trying Australian bloodwood, with something like walnut, or poplar with something like walnut or wenge.  Check them out here: http://www.owlhardwood.com/products/lumber-products/imported-lumber/   though the pictures do not do a the wood justice.  

Check out some of the pictures a little ways down in this thread: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?149888-Wood-combinations-what-say-you

That might give you some ideas, but, like I said, you should experiment since you are wanting to display a pretty large range of colors.

My idea for a lighted shelf is a poplar back with either the bloodwood or red oak shelf.  I am not sure how much contrast would be good for a minifigure...

Anyway, going to a lumber store that sells some samples will let you try it out at home for a few dollars.  Then you either go with a veneer or buy a few boards to make the shelf.  I think I would rather just go with buying the boards, as veneering is a pain in butt for someone with little experience, like me.  

Home Depot sells the glass I will use for the case, but I would have to go to a place like Woodcraft or the Owl Lumber above for the boards.  I think I could get all the pieces for $20 - $45.00 and put it together in a day.  Since you have an expensive collection, you might even ask at the store that sells the lumber if they could point you to a local woodsmith to make it.  I am sure you can get it made and put together for under 100.00, since it is a small shelf with a glass front.  

If you have a Woodcraft near you, that is where I would go.  They have classes, and the teachers are pretty good craftsman and most likely will be happy to make you a display case.  Now you got me excited about making mine!

The only other thing I can think of to add is that you might want to make it modular or at least easily expandable for future additions.  

• Like 2

Guest eightbrick

Excellent post, segreto. Really, it all comes down to your taste. Personally, I would prefer to make cases out of Lego pieces to keep it more in theme, but a wood project like segreto said would be fun to. Think about what you want the end result to be, and have fun doing it. :)

Oh, many.  I keep wanting to start one for my mini figs in my woodshop, but work keeps me away from investing in any amount of time.  But, I believe you would have to test a few pieces out, if you were serious about a great display case.  I would recommend trying Australian bloodwood, with something like walnut, or poplar with something like walnut or wenge.  Check them out here: http://www.owlhardwood.com/products/lumber-products/imported-lumber/   though the pictures do not do a the wood justice.  

Check out some of the pictures a little ways down in this thread: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?149888-Wood-combinations-what-say-you

That might give you some ideas, but, like I said, you should experiment since you are wanting to display a pretty large range of colors.

My idea for a lighted shelf is a poplar back with either the bloodwood or red oak shelf.  I am not sure how much contrast would be good for a minifigure...

Anyway, going to a lumber store that sells some samples will let you try it out at home for a few dollars.  Then you either go with a veneer or buy a few boards to make the shelf.  I think I would rather just go with buying the boards, as veneering is a pain in butt for someone with little experience, like me.  

Home Depot sells the glass I will use for the case, but I would have to go to a place like Woodcraft or the Owl Lumber above for the boards.  I think I could get all the pieces for $20 - $45.00 and put it together in a day.  Since you have an expensive collection, you might even ask at the store that sells the lumber if they could point you to a local woodsmith to make it.  I am sure you can get it made and put together for under 100.00, since it is a small shelf with a glass front.  

If you have a Woodcraft near you, that is where I would go.  They have classes, and the teachers are pretty good craftsman and most likely will be happy to make you a display case.  Now you got me excited about making mine!

The only other thing I can think of to add is that you might want to make it modular or at least easily expandable for future additions.  

Very nice post - thank you!

that seems to be a more traditional case. i wonder if a more modern, carbon fiber and LED case would also look nice and play the part

Very nice post - thank you!

that seems to be a more traditional case. i wonder if a more modern, carbon fiber and LED case would also look nice and play the part

If you could incorporate led's in a case that shows off the colors, that would be great.  Wood is tough to plan with, since it has countless variations.  The only thing I know I would not do is have glass shelves for them to sit on. I'd like to see what you come up with.  I imagine lights shining off your golden mini is going to look great.

Thanks Brian, I just looked through my spare hair piece drawer and I do have the hair. I remembered seeing it but just thought it was an older variant. I had no idea it was worth anything. To bad I think I sold the figure with a regular hairpiece in a lot last week.

I guess you learn something new everyday! That's the reason I use this site. I probably would have sat on that instead of selling it for good money.

Couldn't you just buy a regular Leia with the boring hair and switch it back...seems like the flat hair is what is valuable? (Just checked...$7-10 and you get a $75+ minifig!!!!)

Can you please post what each of your figures in the case are? Curious what they are and value.

Thanks!

Here are the figures with their value from left to right, top and then bottom

Mr. Gold - $500

Assassins Creed Custom

Alfred - $60

Old Style Batman - $60

Bane - $70

Leia Smooth Hair - $100

Chrome Vader - $75

Vader Prototype Helmet - $500

NYC Yoda - $175

Cloud City Boba Fett - $200

Jango Fett - $70

Boba Fett - $70

Watto - $75

Lando - $100

Total: - $2,055

Couldn't you just buy a regular Leia with the boring hair and switch it back...seems like the flat hair is what is valuable? (Just checked...$7-10 and you get a $75+ minifig!!!!)

I listed just the hair on ebay. Already have an offer for $55. Since I don't want the actual figure that seems like the most effortless way to get my money out of it. If anyone is interested feel free to PM me. I have it listed for BIN for $75.