Prediction of worth for Series 10 "Mr. Gold"

TheOrcKing

The rarer minfigures are the more valuable ones.

Usually, then you get Series 8's Santa with a ratio of 4/60 and he is more valuable than any with a 3/60 ratio in that lineup so desirability plays a part in the grand scheme of things as well as rarity.

So from series 10, the besides Mr. Gold, Medussa is hard to find?

Medusa, Librarian, Bumblebee Girl, Grandpa, Sea Captain, and Trendsetter are the rarest in Series 10. You can check out the other Series box ratios here in The Complete List.

Usually, then you get Series 8's Santa with a ratio of 4/60 and he is more valuable than any with a 3/60 ratio in that lineup so desirability plays a part in the grand scheme of things as well as rarity.

I bought a butt load of Series 8's from Walliemart when they clearanced them for $1 back in the day and lo and behold, no Santa.  Stupid Flanders.

I bought a butt load of Series 8's from Walliemart when they clearanced them for $1 back in the day and lo and behold, no Santa.  Stupid Flanders.

That is the problem with everyone being able to feel through the bags. I am surprised lego hasn't put the figures in tiny boxes so that every purchase is completely random.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

39239432.jpg

There are plenty of well-made customed Mr. Gold on ebay. I'd probably buy it for around 20$ to save the trouble and hassle. But you can make your own based off of the genuine lego Gold chrome keychain, get other chromed parts from bricklink sellers, and waterslide decal.

So my Mr. Gold just sold on eBay for $710. I'm pretty happy with that price since I started him at $450 and others have gone for less recently. 

I am a little worried however. The buyer has 0 feedback, has Germany as his location but shipping address is in Norway. He hasn't paid yet but it's only been two hours since the auction closed. Should I be worried that he pays but then tries something fishy when he receives the item? Like saying it's fake, that it never arrived? Am I being paranoid? Anyone have any experience with 0 feedback buyers? I probably should have said on there that a buyer needed 10+ feedbacks or more. 

Guest brickcrazyhouse

insurance, tracking, don't go cheap on packaging, contact buyer and ask ?'s.  no matter what you'll be sweating it until it's all done

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So I just heard something from my old lady that makes me want to throw her and the pooch out the window.  There is an upscale toy store for the hoyy toydy (d-bags put it more crudely) at the mall near her workplace.  There were 3 boxes of 60 series 10 in that store nobody touched for months.  She told me about a 25% coupon for any purchase in store that I did not take advantage of nor did I want to walk in there to smoosh for any CMF in there.  She came home today with a roman commander for me and told me someone walked in last week and smooshed a Mr. Gold.  The end.  

At least it was a father and son that found it instead of evil resellers like us.

Guess the lesson of the story is, these Mr Golds are still lurking out in the wild for somebody to find.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi!

I saw fews Mr. Golden here in Hong Kong, around 10? Maybe.

But only few of them tried to sell online for for hundreds (US).

The market here is not big, and I saw people here to MOC their own Mr. Golden by doing electrolysis.

Or even Mr. silver.

Though, they are not going to sell, just for fun and collect.

• 2 weeks later...