LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

13 minutes ago, Captain_Obvious said:

never got an answer to this..

there's no way the gold coin is going for 1,150 points this time around.

i'm thinking the sticker price is 2,500 minimum, but i'm betting it's 5,000. hope so, that will take out a lot of the competition and make that coin go for big bucks.

The backlash that they would receive for jacking up the cost wouldn't be worth the piddly amount of points they'd extract out of people.

The cost will be exactly 1,150 points, it will become available around midnight, BV will get 3 of them across his multiple accounts, then be running a high after collecting 3 complete sets and unsuccessfully proposition his wife after midnight. He will then take another swing in the morning depending on how the children sleep.

image.png.5ab9819094c08698e5fe92ab6c51a97a.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, brickvoyeur said:

The backlash that they would receive for jacking up the cost wouldn't be worth the piddly amount of points they'd extract out of people.

The cost will be exactly 1,150 points, it will become available around midnight, BV will get 3 of them across his multiple accounts, then be running a high after collecting 3 complete sets and unsuccessfully proposition his wife after midnight. He will then take another swing in the morning depending on how the children sleep.

image.png.5ab9819094c08698e5fe92ab6c51a97a.png

This sounds eerily familiar.....

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

Post Space coin release seems to have pushed up the value of the other coins. Well everything except for Octan, no love there. 

That's because Octan is the big, bad LEGO oil company (Lord Business). 

LEGO should just take Octan green - Octan solar panels, Octan charging stations, Octan wind generators, etc.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, exracer327 said:

LEGO should just take Octan green - Octan solar panels, Octan charging stations, Octan wind generators, etc.

They already did the middle part, last two City service stations both had Octan-E charging stations, and you also get one in the new town centre set.

7 hours ago, Dark Helmet said:

Post Space coin release seems to have pushed up the value of the other coins. Well everything except for Octan, no love there. 

i’ve noticed that too. i think the display case is becoming the “big sleeper”. started going for $100 > $130 > now it’s jumping to $180.

you’re going to need something to hold all the coins in after the hunt..

7 hours ago, Dark Helmet said:

There is still quite a bit Octan coins listed, but at least the Buy It Now floor seems to be $70 (vs. $50 or so a couple of weeks ago). It will definitely be a slower increase, but once a dozen or so more listings get sold, we will probably see this one inch higher.

28 minutes ago, Fcbarcelona101 said:

I did the same with the Castle one. Originally I didn’t really realize how limited (and popular) these would be. 

Just now, keymomachine said:

Laziness ftw!

I really had no idea what the hold value would be on them.  I got Octan late and saw that they were selling better paired up.  So I figured I just hold it to pair with Space when I got that one.  However that one is now on track to possibly pay for the Space Shuttle I bought with it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

I have some good leak info but due to possible limited availability I can’t just post it here because someone might make a YouTube video about it for “Likes”. 

Just message me with it. I won’t tell anyone I promise. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion