LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

13 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Selling product before you have it in hand scares me.

got me banned on ebay last year even though i fulfilled everyones orders as promised.

The fact that it was 30k+ of sales likely did not help my cause.

Side note- being banned on ebay is once and done. no appealing.

4 hours ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

this is the first coin that i have wanted and was able to secure one. do you at least get some sort of holder for the single coin with it? or does it just come completely by itself?

3 hours ago, lebrick said:

Wow I just noticed that the space coin has stars speckled all over it. That's awesome. On second thought, nah it's probably just a paint defect.

2 hours ago, Mathew said:

Neither.  It’s stars but done poorly.  Hopefully they don’t all look this bad. 

image.png.3744cd65e09ee21581950fb71bac0a45.png

One auction on Ebay has this picture listed.  I dont see any stars/scrathes on this one?! Now 

15 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

got me banned on ebay last year even though i fulfilled everyones orders as promised.

The fact that it was 30k+ of sales likely did not help my cause.

Side note- being banned on ebay is once and done. no appealing.

Are presales frowned upon on ebay? There is a lot of them going on atm.   Pretty harsh of them for a life ban.

4 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

Are presales frowned upon on ebay? There is a lot of them going on atm.   Pretty harsh of them for a life ban.

I didnt list "presale" in the title. Had no design on tricking ppl - clearly mentioned it was 2 week delivery in the description AND in the shipping estimate. Was a 15 year old account with 100% feedback 500+.

Worst part is with eBay its some back office with no email and no direct line that does the banning. and front line CS reps are trained not to give you any info. Social media inquiries and numerous calls to CS have gotten me no where. At least with Amazon there is an appeal process and they have the courtesy to let you know why they suspend you. Took me a year just to learn the reason of my ban. 

Edited by Bricklectic
  • Sad 3

11 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

image.png.3744cd65e09ee21581950fb71bac0a45.png

One auction on Ebay has this picture listed.  I dont see any stars/scrathes on this one?! Now 

It is a counterfeit ;) 

Will be interesting to see if that actually becomes a thing.

Not frowned on at all just must meet the requirements:

What is the policy? Presale listings must guarantee that the item will be shipped within 30 days of purchase. The date the item will be available to ship must be clearly stated in the listing. Listings must clearly indicate in the title and description that the item is being offered for presale

• Like 1

question..

my 3 pooh's arrived. thinking about keeping the cardboard wrapper closed and selling with receipt as proof to the ultimate collector who wants it all oem.

i do this with lego sets i get from the store in the original cargo container sealed. however, it doesn't really get me anymore than a regular sealed set.

same thing with the coins. i'm noticing coins with the white wrapper and barcode thingy on the back go for just as much as the coins that have been opened (still sealed in the plastic case though).

thoughts?

IMG_3206.JPG

1 minute ago, Captain_Obvious said:

question..

my 3 pooh's arrived. thinking about keeping the cardboard wrapper closed and selling with receipt as proof to the ultimate collector who wants it all oem.

i do this with lego sets i get from the store in the original cargo container sealed. however, it doesn't really get me anymore than a regular sealed set.

same thing with the coins. i'm noticing coins with the white wrapper and barcode thingy on the back go for just as much as the coins that have been opened (still sealed in the plastic case though).

thoughts?

I still open the container and make sure LEGO didn't make a mistake and have the wrong set inside.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Captain_Obvious said:

question..

thoughts?

I have noticed the same about the coins as well. Maybe that is a temporary thing as the people buying them now want to display them and dont care. While people buying a year from now are collectors and want them factory fresh. I was thinking of just opening my coins and enjoy them before I sell them

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain_Obvious said:

question..

thoughts?

IMG_3206.JPG

With the coins you can see through the thin tissue to actually see the coin. With the pooh print the only way to confirm that you got the actual print is to open the cardboard. If you're going to sell I would open to avoid any potential problems.

13 hours ago, melting said:

With the coins you can see through the thin tissue to actually see the coin. With the pooh print the only way to confirm that you got the actual print is to open the cardboard. If you're going to sell I would open to avoid any potential problems.

Also you may have a significant number on your print that could command a premium.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2021 at 10:42 AM, BricksBrotha said:

I have a feeling the space coin will reach $250 easy. Big question is will it stay that high once people start to receive their shipments this wknd?  Most likely since there seems to be more demand than supply.  

Very curious if there will be the same amount of interest or more for the Generic Gold coin.   

The 'Untensil' coins (name in bricklink) are seen in a vast number of sets including Pirates, Castle, City, Adventurers, Wild West, Harry Potter only to name a few.  Signs point towards the Plain Coin may end up being the most valuable/collectible. 

One just reached $268 on Ebay. Two hours and change left.

On 4/1/2021 at 2:18 PM, Pseudoty said:

It is a counterfeit ;) 

Will be interesting to see if that actually becomes a thing.

Not frowned on at all just must meet the requirements:

What is the policy? Presale listings must guarantee that the item will be shipped within 30 days of purchase. The date the item will be available to ship must be clearly stated in the listing. Listings must clearly indicate in the title and description that the item is being offered for presale

Is it actually? That would be incredibly quick if so.

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion