LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

7 minutes ago, Captain_Obvious said:

i gave it away last year, but i just checked my history and it does say it was a 1st edition

elephant.png

I found one on Ebay and it is labeled 1st edition.  It would be nice it they did this with the Fiat ones, because I think those are a Limited Edition of 1000 or so.

43 minutes ago, Captain_Obvious said:

i gave it away last year, but i just checked my history and it does say it was a 1st edition.

update: i do remember it saying 1st edition around the raised seal of authenticity in the bottom left or right corner. it was not numbered though.

elephant.png

38 minutes ago, melting said:

I found one on Ebay and it is labeled 1st edition.  It would be nice it they did this with the Fiat ones, because I think those are a Limited Edition of 1000 or so.

The only print I have seen so far to get the actual count was the most recent Pooh Prints.  

1 hour ago, Pseudoty said:

Mine already sold for $99

wowser, good for you! I am hoping they come down some as I was thinking more like the $80 mark.  Who knows if we go up or down from here, but I will watch. 

I mean, I knew there were more space fans than castle fans out there, but I didnt think it was this extreme. 

10 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

The only print I have seen so far to get the actual count was the most recent Pooh Prints.  

wowser, good for you! I am hoping they come down some as I was thinking more like the $80 mark.  Who knows if we go up or down from here, but I will watch. 

I mean, I knew there were more space fans than castle fans out there, but I didnt think it was this extreme. 

There are a few of the Fiat prints out on Ebay and the are numbered to 1100. I think the point redemption is too high for them right now, but if they came down I might bite.

• Like 1

Stupid LEGO.  I let my guard down because the shuttle didn't have the exclusive tied to it, went to sleep and wake up to the stupid space coin sold out!!!!  What happened to the good old days when everyone said the coins looked dumb or were low quality or they would be 20$ max.  100$ on Ebay already is stupid.  I currently hate LEGO and people who spamming at midnight. :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, srm_520 said:

Stupid LEGO.  I let my guard down because the shuttle didn't have the exclusive tied to it, went to sleep and wake up to the stupid space coin sold out!!!!  What happened to the good old days when everyone said the coins looked dumb or were low quality or they would be 20$ max.  100$ on Ebay already is stupid.  I currently hate LEGO and people who spamming at midnight. :) 

It is all a bit stupid - Thankfully.

Stupidity is the fuel that keeps the machine running.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, marcandre said:

That coin was up around 10pm last night. First one I have gotten. I scoffed at the coins in the beginning but had to jump on the bandwagon. I suspect there are many more like me thus the insta sellout. 

I've gotten the first three coins and the holder.  So, damn - I gotta have them all right? :) I'm not a sellout with the coins like some of you - I'm just a really big nerd who loves coins like I love LEGO!  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

this is the first coin that i have wanted and was able to secure one. do you at least get some sort of holder for the single coin with it? or does it just come completely by itself?

It comes sealed in a very nice holder (kind of makes the large one pointless, imo).

Edited by KShine
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

this is the first coin that i have wanted and was able to secure one. do you at least get some sort of holder for the single coin with it? or does it just come completely by itself?

Comes with a single holder.  

23 minutes ago, srm_520 said:

I've gotten the first three coins and the holder.  So, damn - I gotta have them all right? :) I'm not a sellout with the coins like some of you - I'm just a really big nerd who loves coins like I love LEGO!  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-VIP-Classic-Space-Collectible-Coin-2021-Sold-Out-Last-In-A-Series-Of-4/303942589895?hash=item46c463ddc7:g:YnAAAOSwph1gZcSt

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-VIP-Classic-Space-Collectible-Coin-2021-Free-Shipping/265107972768?hash=item3db9aaa2a0:g:wN4AAOSwuwFgZSY5

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-VIP-Classic-Space-Collectible-Coin-2021-Free-Shipping/265107972768?hash=item3db9aaa2a0:g:wN4AAOSwuwFgZSY5

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-VIP-COIN-Space-Coin-4th-Coin-Released/174713851400?hash=item28adc1ce08:g:oEAAAOSwcJxgZQ2u

That last ad is just ridiculous.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

Maybe sold too early?

I did something similar with the Castle one, back then thinking they were producing way more than what seems to be in reality. Definitely holding the rest for a bit. Pirates one is becoming less available on eBay so could get close to Castle eventually. 

Octan is widely available for $50, and being a less popular theme than the rest it’s likely to have the lower ceiling.

6 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

Maybe sold too early?

Looks that way now.  Will see what the price is once all the "In Hand" listings go up. Could always cancel the "Pre Sale" and sell it on my other account like people did with the US Mint Silver coins but I wouldn't do that.  

15 minutes ago, Fcbarcelona101 said:

Octan is widely available for $50, and being a less popular theme than the rest it’s likely to have the lower ceiling.

It wouldn't surprise me to see that one work it's way up in value (completionists).

20 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

Maybe sold too early?

I confess, I reluctantly got into the coin collecting thing FOMO.  But of all of the coins, the one I was looking forward to the most was the space coin.  Although it is still early and I'm sure the price will drop soon, it will be interesting to see where they all land for popularity.  This might be a better way to determine which legacy set to produce than the vote LEGO held on the Ideas platform.

23 minutes ago, Fcbarcelona101 said:

Pirates one is becoming less available on eBay so could get close to Castle eventually. 

Personally, the pirate coin looks the coolest with the Skull and cross bones. 

Im not sure I will be getting the space coin because of the cost to do so. Shame to, because it was the one I was most looking forward to having in my collection. 

If the price stays this high, I may sell off my other coins. Would ease the pain more not having any than missing one :girlwah::ass::lol:

11 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

This might be a better way to determine which legacy set to produce than the vote LEGO held on the Ideas platform.

Great point.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

Personally, the pirate coin looks the coolest with the Skull and cross bones. 

Im not sure I will be getting the space coin because of the cost to do so. Shame to, because it was the one I was most looking forward to having in my collection. 

There are always a few sellers who sell them without researching the value - there will be a few bargains listed, and they will go fast - but if you are determined, you may find a decent deal.

• Like 1

I have a feeling the space coin will reach $250 easy. Big question is will it stay that high once people start to receive their shipments this wknd?  Most likely since there seems to be more demand than supply.  

Very curious if there will be the same amount of interest or more for the Generic Gold coin.   

The 'Untensil' coins (name in bricklink) are seen in a vast number of sets including Pirates, Castle, City, Adventurers, Wild West, Harry Potter only to name a few.  Signs point towards the Plain Coin may end up being the most valuable/collectible. 

35 minutes ago, lebrick said:

Wow I just noticed that the space coin has stars speckled all over it. That's awesome. On second thought, nah it's probably just a paint defect.

Neither.  It’s stars but done poorly.  Hopefully they don’t all look this bad. 

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion