LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

Got my space coin today. It was a little loose in the case, to the point where I could shake it into position (which was kind of nice honestly), but other than that, no issues. And there's actually no "stars" that people were talking about. Methinks LEGO did some redesigning after the first two coins for sure. 

• Like 1

alright, declined the $550 offer on the 3 pooh's. regret set in.. got another offer for $500 and countered with $635- declined lol.

not scared after seeing these offers. i think this is a hold till I get $600 for the 3, which could be very soon.

if you have these, i think keeping them wrapped in the original cardboard is the best route to go for the ultimate collectors. all bids are coming from tech areas in cali. these kids have money...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Captain_Obvious said:

alright, declined the $550 offer on the 3 pooh's. regret set in.. got another offer for $500 and countered with $635- declined lol.

not scared after seeing these offers. i think this is a hold till I get $600 for the 3, which could be very soon.

if you have these, i think keeping them wrapped in the original cardboard is the best route to go for the ultimate collectors. all bids are coming from tech areas in cali. these kids have money...

honestly a piece of collectible "art" has quite a ceiling...heck just professional framing and mounting properly cost $500+

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheBrickGuru24 said:

Got my space coin today. It was a little loose in the case, to the point where I could shake it into position (which was kind of nice honestly), but other than that, no issues. And there's actually no "stars" that people were talking about. Methinks LEGO did some redesigning after the first two coins for sure. 

is there anyway you could share a pic?

Edited by BricksBrotha

3 hours ago, TheBrickGuru24 said:

On 2nd thought, dont bother! I just found this listing on ebay for all 4. Interesting what people will say using the pictures with the 'Stars'.  I foresee some returns/complications. 

image.png.7a9923c450b4f55cc0ce6ffa1c6075e8.png

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-VIP-Coin-Set-All-4-Collectible-Coins-Sold-Out-Pirate-Castle-Space/254931316358?hash=item3b5b172e86:g:i1AAAOSw6jhgbKSK

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BricksBrotha said:

On 2nd thought, dont bother! I just found this listing on ebay for all 4. Interesting what people will say using the pictures with the 'Stars'.  I foresee some returns/complications. 

image.png.7a9923c450b4f55cc0ce6ffa1c6075e8.png

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-VIP-Coin-Set-All-4-Collectible-Coins-Sold-Out-Pirate-Castle-Space/254931316358?hash=item3b5b172e86:g:i1AAAOSw6jhgbKSK

Like I said, I think they redesigned it. Both the Octan and Space coins have SIGNIFICANTLY cleaner designs and painting than the first two. And notice how the other three have some sort of background art. I definitely think the original actually had stars before they likely realized it looked crappy, and it wasn't just editing done to the photo. That's my guess anyways.

On 3/24/2021 at 6:18 PM, Voltron said:

Reading reviews from brickset, It seems that in North america the prints get sent in a cardboard box, and in UK they just get placed on top of the set you ordered. Not sure if it is a cost saving exercise, but would have thought the negative feedback of getting damaged prints would outweigh the cost of adding a "do not bend" cardboard envelope.

As a former distribution warehouse worker, I think it's less about cost saving and more that the UK distribution centers are less strict/organized compared to the US and simply aren't doing as much (unfortunately). Believe me when I tell you that distribution warehouses are not short on boxes lol.

1 hour ago, srm_520 said:

I keep looking around, but does anybody have an inkling to when the last coin may be released?  I assume 4/15; 5/1; and 5/4 seem like the most logical choice, but I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss an announcement somewhere.

Sorry, you're just gonna have to be on BPers 24/7 like the rest of us

only guaranteed way to not miss it

[or put a alert on this thread and Deals...which are the likely places for news to break] 

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, kouks said:

I haven't claimed by space coin yet, think I can wait until May 4 sales/promo to do so?  I think I can based on what I read from the Lego VIP site, but not 100% confident it may still be there?

yeah...I ordered mine...too many "whoops, sorry but we're all out...here are some VIP points and another GWP for the trouble" types of responses from LEGO customer Service.

Nothing like this is guaranteed.

It's a freakin $150+ coin just do it MAN!

2 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

yeah...I ordered mine...too many "whoops, sorry but we're all out...here are some VIP points and another GWP for the trouble" types of responses from LEGO customer Service.

Thanks!  That's the way I was leaning..

Just now, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Same. I originally had the same thought, waiting for May the 4th promos, but didn’t want to risk them running out, as unlikely as that may be, on what is clearly the most valuable of the bunch right now. 

I just went with a couple of Wool Farms to get free shipping. Supposed to be retiring, and while they can be purchased somewhere else at a discount, the absolute value of the foregone savings was sort of immaterial.

I redeemed my coin on the same order for the imperial probe droid which doesn’t ship until 4/25. They haven’t shipped the coin (or Easter bunny. If they even have those left). I’m wondering if I should call to see they can go ahead and ship the coin. 

Mine looks exactly the same (minus the rocket ride and Carrot House) which Lego failed to deliver with my original order (which included both). I'll be calling Lego customer service over the weekend. I wanted to be sure my set and coin arrived prior to complaining.

12 minutes ago, Captain_Obvious said:

never got an answer to this..

there's no way the gold coin is going for 1,150 points this time around.

i'm thinking the sticker price is 2,500 minimum, but i'm betting it's 5,000. hope so, that will take out a lot of the competition and make that coin go for big bucks.

Why would the gold coin require more VIP points? Just trying to understand your thought process is it more limited?  The gold coin isn’t made out of real gold is it? Too bad it is not made out of lego since we all know it is better than gold. 

• Haha 3

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion