LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

I wasn't able to get one, tough luck.

So I called and was told the numbers are limited based on the contract so it's highly unlikely they will have any more. The customer service officer gave me some points, well better than nothing.

Edited by coelian

2 hours ago, Bartat said:

Trick seems to be to just keep refreshing which is crazy since you would imagine that's the last thing they want when the site is under load. If you get the T&C page when this starts in the US just keep refreshing...

266742921_Screenshot2021-04-14at09_09_48.thumb.png.fd1124c7da409e5ea95bea08445fc300.png

this exactly. and as soon as the rewards center reappeared, the Ulyssees was marked as sold out. i tried calling CS a few times while waiting but couldn't even get through. not sure what kind of magic helps in these cases ?

9 minutes ago, martinel said:

this exactly. and as soon as the rewards center reappeared, the Ulyssees was marked as sold out. i tried calling CS a few times while waiting but couldn't even get through. not sure what kind of magic helps in these cases ?

This sounds like the work of 'bots. No real  way to compete with them. It's still over an hour away in US and the page is already lagging.

Edited by melting

Just now, eliminator said:

I'm still not understanding how this redemption works. Do I need to have purchased the shuttle? Or is the Ulyssees available to anyone?

You have to have 1800 VIP points in your account from past purchases, redeem it (if you can) then put in the promo code with your next order. You don't need to have previously purchased the shuttle, it's not a Gift with Purchase (GWP).

12 minutes ago, melting said:

This sounds like the work of 'bots. No real  way to compete with them. It's still over an hour away in US and the page is already lagging.

Keep hitting that F5... I didn't even know that would have worked.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, eliminator said:

I'm still not understanding how this redemption works. Do I need to have purchased the shuttle? Or is the Ulyssees available to anyone?

Anyone, just need vip points.

If it's this limited they should not have announced it, just a surprise drop. Or tie it to a discovery purchase.

9 minutes ago, melting said:

Everything seems normal so far on my end, east coast.  It was lagging yesterday though.  Shaping up to be an interesting morning.  

Spectator GIFs | Tenor

25 minutes ago, marcandre said:

Anyone, just need vip points.

If it's this limited they should not have announced it, just a surprise drop. Or tie it to a discovery purchase.

It's absolutely bizarre that this is being offered as a VIP reward. If it was intended as an extra to accompany the Shuttle, then it should've been a GWP. Maybe they wanted to extend the offer to people who had other NASA sets, but that seems incredibly idealistic of LEGO. It feels like they're actively encouraging the secondary market. 

Case in point: I have 0 interest in NASA sets but I do have interest in trading/flipping it for a set I do want. 

1 minute ago, raindroplet said:

It's absolutely bizarre that this is being offered as a VIP reward. If it was intended as an extra to accompany the Shuttle, then it should've been a GWP. Maybe they wanted to extend the offer to people who had other NASA sets, but that seems incredibly idealistic of LEGO. It feels like they're actively encouraging the secondary market. 

Case in point: I have 0 interest in NASA sets but I do have interest in trading/flipping it for a set I do want. 

I think we will see more of this to cut down on gwp hoarding. 

• Like 1

"LEGO Group is not responsible for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet Service Providers, websites or other connections; or for miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions; or for any technical malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind or nature."

This in the terms and conditions is much easier than fixing the website. 

I've been here so long I've started enjoying the roller coasters. Everyone put your arms up, we're about to crest the hill. 

rct.gif.5b0f000a97e0642a72c537c88121e703.gif

Update:

image.thumb.png.93cf32d0b5a25b36fb88577442153b2e.png

image.png.66ae77725953e8c4d7e571e6e35dae98.png

Edited by brickvoyeur
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, brickvoyeur said:

"other errors of any kind or nature." 

This was my favorite part. Talk about blanket statement to cover anything imaginable.  The lawyer who tacked that on in the end was VERY proud of themselves.

2 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

I've been here so long I've started enjoying the roller coasters. Everyone put your arms up, we're about to crest the hill. 

Here were my stages of S@home-itis through my first few years at this. 

1.) Anger, frustration and felt personally attacked

2.) Utter disbelief and astonishment 

3.) Sit back and try to enjoy the ride

Well this is new! WTF!!

image.png.fe637d30145ad0117186394248db8fca.png

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BricksBrotha said:

Here were my stages of S@home-itis through my first few years at this. 

1.) Anger, frustration and felt personally attacked

2.) Utter disbelief and astonishment 

3.) Sit back and try to enjoy the ride

Isn't this also signs of a decent into madness?

• Like 2

• exciter1 changed the title to LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion