COVID-19 / Coronavirus Discussion

CosmicSpeed

Three weeks ago my son came down with strep and my daughter followed. Three bedroom condo with no place to hide. They were given antibiotics and all seemed fine. My wife followed suit and she went on antibiotics also. But then things got weird a week and a half in me and my daughter starting feeling really tired and our muscles aches to a point where we couldn’t get far in the house without tiring out. We called the doctor and he said there’s not much he can do because testing is restricted in Illinois. A very dry cough followed that was always random it seemed. So our symptoms were not bad but the exhaustion really made it feel 10 times worse. This is day 10 for this family of four and we are back on the upswing. Lucky for us is the symptoms were mild and we are hoping those were it but we are cautious as we move forward. Lots of praying for us and others inflicted with this. And for all the caretakers out there. And condolences to all go lost someone. This isn’t easy but I’ve always thought of this country as resilient and hopefully sooner the later we start seeing a trend reversing 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

16 minutes ago, Mrbigz8657 said:

Three weeks ago my son came down with strep and my daughter followed. Three bedroom condo with no place to hide. They were given antibiotics and all seemed fine. My wife followed suit and she went on antibiotics also. But then things got weird a week and a half in me and my daughter starting feeling really tired and our muscles aches to a point where we couldn’t get far in the house without tiring out. We called the doctor and he said there’s not much he can do because testing is restricted in Illinois. A very dry cough followed that was always random it seemed. So our symptoms were not bad but the exhaustion really made it feel 10 times worse. This is day 10 for this family of four and we are back on the upswing. Lucky for us is the symptoms were mild and we are hoping those were it but we are cautious as we move forward. Lots of praying for us and others inflicted with this. And for all the caretakers out there. And condolences to all go lost someone. This isn’t easy but I’ve always thought of this country as resilient and hopefully sooner the later we start seeing a trend reversing 

Glad to hear you and your family are doing better!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mrbigz8657 said:

Glad to hear you guys got through it and are heading in the right direction.

Did you guys ever notice any other symptoms such as the lack of taste/smell?  Not sure about other areas but around here the blooming plants are making allergies horrible so the watery eyes, runny noses, sore throats and coughing/sneezing are rampant.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mrbigz8657 said:

Thank you for sharing.  You have my prayers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mrbigz8657 said:

This is day 10 for this family of four and we are back on the upswing. Lucky for us is the symptoms were mild and we are hoping those were it but we are cautious as we move forward.

Definitely be cautious as many stories of sudden down turn after initially feeling a lot better.

I appreciate you sharing; when one reads "fatigue" in news stories it could mean anything; your descriptions helps me understand it better.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Well that sucks, it's hot and dry here during the summer.  We'll see how it like 100+ though!

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2020/03/27/822407626/mystery-in-wuhan-recovered-coronavirus-patients-test-negative-then-positive

Still really early (altho the data suggesting asymptomatic cases was initially scoffed)

This is pretty bad. Even after being knocked down, CV gets back up...gonna need a knock-out punch via vaccine for there to be a end to this (also makes the option of using blood serum from recovered patients potential nonviable)

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan

Thanks for the prayers guys. Some weird symptoms included stomach discomfort for me and nausea for her. The smelling thing I can’t comment on. It’s feels like I was congested but I wasn’t because there is no sniffles. Might be the buildup in the chest. I noticed how exhausted I get just doing daily chores around here. We are still on the lookout and like I said constantly praying 

Edited by Mrbigz8657

4 hours ago, Mrbigz8657 said:

May God bless you & your family.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Phil B said:

My hands are raw from all the handwashing and even moisturizing cream doesn't help anymore :(.

Best wishes to you and the family. 
having the same issue here, between all the alcohol and soap being used, I’ve had paper-cut like openings on the corners of both thumbs.😳

a little trick we learned in school and any dermatologist would recommend. 

Before bed, apply copious amounts of moisturizer to both hands, really add more than needed. Then put on a pair of exam/disposable gloves and keep them on over night and rinse in the morning. A few nights in a row should help clear up most dryness and/or cracking.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jaisonline said:

Looks China might be having COVID-19 problems again. Closing movie theaters again after opening a small amount.

CNN reported it.

https://www.slashfilm.com/chinese-movie-theaters-closing-again/

can the rest of the world actually pay attention and maybe learn something from China pretty much going thru all the phases 1-2 months ahead

it's like we're all a bunch of stormtroopers watching the first one go thru the door, get blasted, and then following right behind

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

can the rest of the world actually pay attention and maybe learn something from China pretty much going thru all the phases 1-2 months ahead

it's like we're all a bunch of stormtroopers watching the first one go thru the door, get blasted, and then following right behind

I think there's a healthy bit of skepticism aimed at the Chinese government.  We can't trust that they've been truthful.  We don't actually know when this disease got started, how many people traveled out of the country before they decided to say something, what the curve looks like, what the deaths look like, or what their quarantine failures/successes are.

3 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I think there's a healthy bit of skepticism aimed at the Chinese government.  We can't trust that they've been truthful.  We don't actually know when this disease got started, how many people traveled out of the country before they decided to say something, what the curve looks like, what the deaths look like, or what their quarantine failures/successes are.

Ignore China...Look at South Korea as the gold standard for data.

• Like 1

If you think China actually ever got out if the 1st wave...

1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

If you think China actually ever got out if the 1st wave...

I take anything coming out of a communist regime w/ known aggressive censorship/propaganda with a grain of salt; but that doesn't mean all news/info about the virus is not valuable.

For example: It was a Chinese Dr. who first noted asymptomatic carriers.  This was doubted by the world scientific community..at first. Now the reality is clear.

When it comes to news; it's not all or nothing...anyone or organization who shuns all news from one and follows all of another does themselves a dis-service and limits their understanding.

All of us, but especially advisors to Decision makers need to weigh information as objectively as possible and filter and tailor the information to best fit their own situation.   

Wow. Unreal.

Mount Sinai hospital leaders holed up in Florida vacation homes during coronavirus crisis

“Dr. Kenneth Davis, 72, the CEO of the Mount Sinai Health System who pulled down nearly $6 million in compensation in 2018, is ensconced in his waterfront mansion near Palm Beach.”

Davis has been in the Sunshine State for weeks and is joined by Dr. Arthur Klein, 72, president of the Mount Sinai Health Network, who owns an oceanfront condo in Palm Beach.

As the duo work from “home,” the Upper East Side-based hospital system seems to be imploding.
https://nypost.com/2020/03/28/mount-sinai-hospital-leaders-holed-up-in-florida-vacation-homes-during-coronavirus-crisis/

50 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

Wow. Unreal.

Mount Sinai hospital leaders holed up in Florida vacation homes during coronavirus crisis

“Dr. Kenneth Davis, 72, the CEO of the Mount Sinai Health System who pulled down nearly $6 million in compensation in 2018, is ensconced in his waterfront mansion near Palm Beach.”

Davis has been in the Sunshine State for weeks and is joined by Dr. Arthur Klein, 72, president of the Mount Sinai Health Network, who owns an oceanfront condo in Palm Beach.

As the duo work from “home,” the Upper East Side-based hospital system seems to be imploding.
https://nypost.com/2020/03/28/mount-sinai-hospital-leaders-holed-up-in-florida-vacation-homes-during-coronavirus-crisis/

Not really surprising, we all know the elite have their own set of rules and morals.  Look at all the celebrities getting tests when they aren't even symptomatic yet others are being turned down with fevers and breathing problems.  Just read about the backlash that Mark Wahlberg and Mario Lopez are getting because they were vocal about people sheltering in place and staying home, then proceeded to go to the gym and make a video about excercises you can do at home.