COVID-19 / Coronavirus Discussion

CosmicSpeed

8 minutes ago, HappyHawkeye said:

can you take this crap to reddit or some other garbage site & stop spamming this thread? If I wanted marginally amusing memes I'd ask my 12 year old to find some for me

Feel free to skip over my posts, don't remember reading you posting anything really useful?

If a mod wishes me to stop posting I will gladly respect their wishes.

3 minutes ago, NIevo said:

Feel free to skip over my posts, don't remember reading you posting anything really useful?

If a mod wishes me to stop posting I will gladly respect their wishes.

what I do or do not post has nothing to do with the fact that you seem to have an unreasonable urge to share every dumb thing you find. good message boards get turned into garbage when people like you run amok. maybe be a little selective. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, HappyHawkeye said:

what I do or do not post has nothing to do with the fact that you seem to have an unreasonable urge to share every dumb thing you find. good message boards get turned into garbage when people like you run amok. maybe be a little selective. 

You gotta admit the world is a **** sandwich right now. The one about washing hands after touching balls was funny. 

Mods,

Can we please move a lot of the politics and memes to a new thread? Say Moronavirus or like that.

We clearly have a group within this thread that don't believe in the coronavirus, let rhem.move to that thread..this will.keep a lot of the politics our of it.

This will filter the garbage, early on in the thread it was productive. We can agree to disagree but cut all the bs out of the thread.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Everyone this thread was great for days, people sharing good information about what is going on in their area, affecting their lives, facts about the issue at large.  Lets not let this get stupid.  Yes some fun is good, but 90% of the last 30 posts are garbage.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, elmaslıefendi said:

That's great man, really happy for you, just don't forget you reached this greatness by f*cking the whole world up, putting yourself in the priority place & exploiting every weak country you could prey on 😉 congrats on that greatness, you can keep it, we don't want it. Stop acting like you guys built your empire, it was built at the expense of millions and today even billions of other people. So keep it cool with the patriotism or someone like me has to say a word or two about it.

I just did a quick google search of the history of your country and let's just say that people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones and leave it at that. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, terrymc4677 said:

Wisconsin is on lock down mode. I’m all stocked up on bratwurst and cheese curds. emoji1303.png

I’m looking forward to spending my Trump money on Lego. There should be some pretty good sales in the near future once this blows over.

7e698783ab082be0aa85444791a4bc43.jpg
c47b6c20837e006b47dd99c56b9e5ccb.jpg
5a33fa38fd10dafe2d1eba51e389c5f7.jpg

Time to bust out the Joker Steamrollers and get building!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jeff Mack said:

Everyone this thread was great for days, people sharing good information about what is going on in their area, affecting their lives, facts about the issue at large.  Lets not let this get stupid.  Yes some fun is good, but 90% of the last 30 posts are garbage.

Well the good 10% were mine.

J/K.....  I apologize for getting things off track and will try to refrain from unnecessary clutter.  I won't however refrain from defending our country or President.  Other countries and leaders aren't being childishly attacked despite plenty of opportunity yet despite having weathered things pretty good here so far ours is a punching bag.

Edited by NIevo

It appears Atlanta ICU is almost at capacity. The southeast, while virtually doing no testing and no preventative measures, is going to see a large increase in hospitalizations. They may be about 1-2 weeks behind NYC.  In Columbia, civil unrest has started.

Easter timeline would be fantastic, but it isn't happening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

It appears Atlanta ICU is almost at capacity. The southeast, while virtually doing no testing and no preventative measures, is going to see a large increase in hospitalizations. They may be about 1-2 weeks behind NYC.  In Columbia, civil unrest has started.

Easter timeline would be fantastic, but it isn't happening.

What does civil unrest exactly mean do you have a source.

Do you use the term Hamster purchases? For shopping huge amounts of food etc?

In Germany some cities are now forbidding those. Only one shopping cart person in Frankfurt for Example.

I personally think, we always did our groceries for one week. But in those times guess shopping for at least two weeks keeps you more at home...

4 hours ago, brickolodon said:

We have this announcement for a week or so...

27 minutes ago, benjamin4172 said:

What does civil unrest exactly mean do you have a source.

My bad. I forgot to add..........Colombia, the country in South America. Big mistake and poor original spelling. (auto-correct)

You can find stuff on Twitter of gas being used to disrupt.

• Thanks 1

Just now, iahawks550 said:

My bad. I forgot to add..........Colombia, the country in South America. Big mistake and poor original spelling. (auto-correct)

You can find stuff on Twitter of gas being used to disrupt.

Ok then  😉 Yeah they have those riots for months now, don´t they?

11 hours ago, NIevo said:

5e722ed359662.jpg

This certainly triggers me b/c you are so caught upon name calling you still fail to recognize he was over a month or two even, late, @NIevo.

Jan. 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China.”

As the coronavirus spread in China and the first US case was reported by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on January 21. Trump was asked during an interview with CNBC on January 22 if he had any worries about the situation escalating into a pandemic. He said he did not.Trump made this comment on the CNBC show “Squawk Box” during an interview with Joe Kernen at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland. At the time, there were 500 cases reported in China and the first had just been recorded in the United States.

Feb. 2: “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China. It’s going to be fine.”

Trump made this comment on the Fox News program “Hannity.” A few days prior to this interview, the Trump administration suspended entry to the United States of only foreign nationals who had recently visited China (excluding Hong Kong and Macau).

This is around the date (Feb 2nd) we should have and could have reacted. Exchange students, families, vacationers, business, etc. all had already traveled home, spreading the virus.  I understand being patriotic and defending our president.  This one is defenseless in the terms of humanity.  Repeated lies that will eventually result in deaths is no president of mine.  Unbelievable people stand up for someone who would in turn kick them to the curb in a second.

I hate talking politics but unfortunately a crewed nepotist business person muscled his way into Politics (facts no name calling) and his decisions are effecting our lives more than ever. As recently as Mar7th, the POTUS was telling reporters he was 'not concerned' about Covid-19's spread b/c 'we've done a great job'. Instead of treating Covid-19 more seriously, he actually made it a point to down play it.

This isn't a discussion or even an argument, these are actual events. His administration is clearly acting in a way that has slowed down our response, EXPONENTIALLY!

Edited by BricksBrotha
typos
  • Like 4

On a lighter note... our local restaurants are getting pretty inventive the past 2 weeks... Our local pizzeria has been delivering pizza kits for parents and children to make their own mini pies... drink specials for the parents... All sorts of out of the ordinary specials.

ebay1.jpg

ebay2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1