Harry Potter 2020

t_mafia

Was anyone able to grab one of the autographed HP sets with VIP points? I just saw them around 5pm ET and they were already all sold out. I had plenty of points and redeemed some of them at 8am but didn't scroll down to look at the available items. So I don't know when they became available.

• Sad 2

16 minutes ago, bbr said:

Was anyone able to grab one of the autographed HP sets with VIP points? I just saw them around 5pm ET and they were already all sold out. I had plenty of points and redeemed some of them at 8am but didn't scroll down to look at the available items. So I don't know when they became available.

I checked at 9 am ET (9/1/20) and saw that all 4 sets were "sold out"

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bbr said:

Interesting how they "priced" them.  About 30 to 33% over retail in points is apparently what a signature (or a pair of them) is worth.

13 minutes ago, MusiKyle said:

Interesting how they "priced" them.  About 30 to 33% over retail in points is apparently what a signature (or a pair of them) is worth.

In Europe (NL), it was 2% (Astronomy), 7% (Train), 12% (Burrow) and 30% (Hedwig) over retail price.

So a signature was valued at 2-12 euro. Quite fair I would say. 

Too bad they were not available between midnight and 1AM, and sold out at 9:20 AM... :(

Edited by dmind

15 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Provided it doesn’t go to retail, then yes.

I pulled the trigger on an eBay set at $40. I won’t miss out on this.

Same. I just placed one order on Lego yesterday and just don't want to miss out. Ive got a few Harry and Hedwig ones that might pair well with this if I can manage to get a few.

1 hour ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Same. I just placed one order on Lego yesterday and just don't want to miss out. Ive got a few Harry and Hedwig ones that might pair well with this if I can manage to get a few.

Once this set was announced this year, I basically stopped listing (I sold two during the spring) my lot listings of Harry/Hedwig, Hermione, and Dumbledore/Ron because I figured this would help bring new buyers in who wanted those old sets. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BillyBricks said:

Once this set was announced this year, I basically stopped listing (I sold two during the spring) my lot listings of Harry/Hedwig, Hermione, and Dumbledore/Ron because I figured this would help bring new buyers in who wanted those old sets. 

Lol.  This made me feel a tiny regret for selling those older Bhz sets for $$$$. Oh well, nothing I can do about that :D

Hello all, 

Due to high demand for 71028, Harry Potter Collectible Minifigures Series 2, we will have the following price increases for our pre-order. This will be shipping in 2-3 weeks here.

Set - $77
Box - $227

All orders placed will of course remain at the previous prices and ship first as soon as the stock arrives.

Happy building or even happy investing,

Jon

So I ordered the Diagon Alley set right at midnight the first time it went up for sale. But apparently it went available on the website a few minutes before midnight. And that is when I ordered mine. Because of this the Hagrid promo gift was not included. Apparently the GWP didn't kick in until exactly midnight. So I sent Lego an email to ask if they could include the GWP with my order. I wanted to share their response because I thought it was clever. 

Response below:

Dear LEGO® fan,

Thanks for your recent order!

An invisibility spell was cast on the Hagrid™ and Buckbeak™ Brickheadz set that should’ve been included with your purchase. We’ve used a charm to counter the spell and make sure the set is on its way to you! You’ll receive another email once Hagrid and Buckbeak leave our warehouse. They’ll arrive separately from the rest of your order.

Happy Building!

LEGO Customer Service

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Gonkalin said:

So I ordered the Diagon Alley set right at midnight the first time it went up for sale. But apparently it went available on the website a few minutes before midnight. And that is when I ordered mine. Because of this the Hagrid promo gift was not included. Apparently the GWP didn't kick in until exactly midnight. So I sent Lego an email to ask if they could include the GWP with my order. I wanted to share their response because I thought it was clever. 

Response below:

Dear LEGO® fan,

Thanks for your recent order!

An invisibility spell was cast on the Hagrid™ and Buckbeak™ Brickheadz set that should’ve been included with your purchase. We’ve used a charm to counter the spell and make sure the set is on its way to you! You’ll receive another email once Hagrid and Buckbeak leave our warehouse. They’ll arrive separately from the rest of your order.

Happy Building!

LEGO Customer Service

It would have been more clever to get their webshop working after 10+ years of continuous trouble with it.

• Like 3

What does it mean when Diagon Alley set is still available?

Personally I think the $400 mark is the cut-off for many folks.  Even the Lambo at $379 did really well for the first month. 

Subject Matter Popularity should have been thru the roof and also a desirable GWP. Checks most of the boxes for a hit set.  Yet So many other sets went TOOS  right away.

10 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

What does it mean when Diagon Alley set is still available?

Personally I think the $400 mark is the cut-off for many folks.  Even the Lambo at $379 did really well for the first month. 

Subject Matter Popularity should have been thru the roof and also a desirable GWP. Checks most of the boxes for a hit set.  Yet So many other sets went TOOS  right away.

That Lego estimated the forecast appropriately.

And this set is absolutely massive, in a great way, but its a beast after seeing it on display at a local store.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

That Lego estimated the forecast appropriately.

And this set is absolutely massive, in a great way, but its a beast after seeing it on display at a local store.

I disagree...because plenty of other new HP sets went backorder/TOOS; 

I think LEGO over-estimated the initial demand...other tea leaves say maybe this set is "so massive" (so colorful and many unique parts (I bet) and obviously popular that LEGO committed a long manufacturing initial run because they do not intend on another run for awhile (ie after holidays).

1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I disagree...because plenty of other new HP sets went backorder/TOOS; 

I think LEGO over-estimated the initial demand...other tea leaves say maybe this set is "so massive" (so colorful and many unique parts (I bet) and obviously popular that LEGO committed a long manufacturing initial run because they do not intend on another run for awhile (ie after holidays).

Maybe it's because potential buyers literally have no money left to spend because of all the other expensive stuff LEGO has released earlier this year. I mean even if you're willing to buy about everything they release, there is a point when this is just not possible anymore. Maybe someone could make a caculation what hardcore collectors already "had" to pay this year for the whole set of new (AFOL-oriented) releases.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Frank Brickowski said:

Maybe it's because potential buyers literally have no money left to spend because of all the other expensive stuff LEGO has released earlier this year. I mean even if you're willing to buy about everything they release, there is a point when this is just not possible anymore. Maybe someone could make a caculation what hardcore collectors already "had" to pay this year for the whole set of new (AFOL-oriented) releases.

a good test of this theory will be Mos Eisley Cantina release