Harry Potter 2020

t_mafia

I’ve seen some rumors online about 2020 Potter releases, in summary:

75966 Room of Requirement 20-25 USD

75967 Forbidden Forest (Umbridge/Grawp Scene) 30-35 USD

75968 Privet Drive 70-80 USD

75969 Astronomy Tower 100-110 USD

????? D2C Unknown, likely Diagon Alley

These seem realistic, and follow their pattern of 2 movies per year, with these releases following the 5th/6th movies. Unfortunately, nothing about a ministry of Magic, Prophecy room, or locket cave, which I have wanted for a long time. I was also hoping the D2C would be Hogsmeade, but I knew that was highly unlikely from the start 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Buildable Hedwig is right up the Porg, BB8 and Yoda alley, so it could go either way regarding looks. But the lower price point makes me think it will not be very detailed.

I am guessing the Astronomy tower would be the connection to the Great Hall/Clock Tower/Whomping Willow sets?

yeap

Buildable Hedwig is right up the Porg, BB8 and Yoda alley, so it could go either way regarding looks. But the lower price point makes me think it will not be very detailed.
I am guessing the Astronomy tower would be the connection to the Great Hall/Clock Tower/Whomping Willow sets?

...but unlike Porg, Yoda, & BB-8, I wouldn’t mind having a bunch of Hedwig. Should be $$$ if it looks halfway decent. I’m looking forward to seeing this one.

2 hours ago, terrymc4677 said:

...but unlike Porg, Yoda, & BB-8, I wouldn’t mind having a bunch of Hedwig. Should be $$$ if it looks halfway decent. I’m looking forward to seeing this one.

not so sure.. judging by the selling / going / asking prices for HP brickheadz it really does not seem that Hermione would be that popular.. however, if they make a bust of Alan Rickman .. that would be a blast.. 

• 1 month later...

Image of the blind bag for series 2 of HP figures popped up this morning. Of the characters on the front:

Harry (6th year, with Half-Blood Prince potions book), Moaning Myrtle, Bellatrix Lestrange, Kingsley Shacklebolt (finally!), Dumbledore (with Fawkes), Neville (with a monster book of monsters), Professor Sprout, Luna (with Lion headdress, neat book detail as I believe this was not in the movies) and one other character which I cannot identify.

I am guessing there will also be a Ron and Hermione, Voldemort, and characters prominent in the later books

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Assuming the Astronomy tower connects to the clock tower like whomping willow to the great hall, etc. Wow, what a display piece all four will become together! I'm not huge into HP but my wife collects them.  She's excited.

I want hedwig as a display piece and I like the motion from the turning gear.  Reminds me of Tyler and Amy's final build on Lego Masters (US).

Edited by MusiKyle
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, MusiKyle said:

Assuming the Astronomy tower connects to the clock tower like whomping willow to the great hall, etc. Wow, what a display piece all four will become together! I'm not huge into HP but my wife collects them.  She's excited

I need to open the clock tower, but thats my goal. I only really went for the main Castle sets, Quiddich Match and Train. The Burrow set looks really neat so I might get that one. Otherwise I just don't have the room to display all of them. 

The room of Requirement has the connection points, so thats another that will match nicely in the main castle. Not sure any of the others really would fit the diorama.

10 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

How so?

The scene depicted in the set is from the Order of the Phoenix movie, there was never an attack on the Burrow in the book . That wouldn't happen till Deathly Hallows .

25 minutes ago, Poison Girl said:

Hedwig is reminding me too much of the owl from Clash of the Titans (1981 version)

Thumb_Bubo.thumb.jpg.48db36384084b67fe41be18b48586fca.jpg

I knew it looked familiar . 

• Like 1

Absolutely everything there is a banger. I'm loving the fact that some of these have genuinely not been released in Lego form yet. Privet drive was also in dire need of an update (though I'm not sure I see the need for yet another Anglia when the Whomping Willow set hasn't even retired yet - presumably this makes it almost a dead cert to go). My pick of the bunch is the Grawp set. Only major downside is that this will halve the value of 4840s, which have been nice earners for me when found in bundles.

Edited by Captain_chaos
  • Like 1