Harry Potter 2020

t_mafia

20 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

You put that many orders in that quick?  not worried?  or multiple accounts?

One account. Never had a problem before. 3x Diagons, 3x Castles, 3x Great Halls, etc. I just order one at a time and don't go over the limits. Usually end up with 20-30 of each GWP depending on what sets are out at the time but that depends on how many sets are available that I haven't bought already.

In the past if I've ever ordered too many GWP they just stop sending them on my later orders.

Just now, gmpirate said:

Guess with their built in limits they just let that be the factor now.  Any idea when those limits reset?  I built a spreadsheet to keep track of my orders to prevent cancellations but it seems at least for some items it’s not resetting.

Not a clue. I tried re-ordering something from a bit over a year ago and it got cancelled immediately for limits.

29 minutes ago, HandyHand said:

Here in Europe the Attack on the Burrow set has been sold out almost immediately.

Perfect pricepoint (€100) to get the GWP Brickheadz set I'm guessing...

Was going to get the burrow but it was sold out by this morning. Nothing much for me to buy just to get the brickheadz since I got most of my sets at 40% or more off at RRP and its just not worth it where I am, will just hit one or two for myself off bricklink.

7 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

Guess with their built in limits they just let that be the factor now.  Any idea when those limits reset?  I built a spreadsheet to keep track of my orders to prevent cancellations but it seems at least for some items it’s not resetting.

i've only hit the limit once and never tried re-ordering but they are pretty good at enforcing it. for amazon it goes on and off and you can order many sets when stocks just arrive.

24 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

there's no rule about multiple separate $100 orders of HP sets to maximize GWPs

technically it's one per household but they don't enforce that strictly. i got quite a few orders in for the christmas tree last year during black friday.

29 minutes ago, odysea11 said:

Interesting how the Hedwig listing page on B&N is gone now.....

Shows for me: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/toys-games-lego-harry-potter-hedwig-75979/34871836?ean=0673419323598

Limit 2 on these. I wonder when stores will get stock. I really like this set and price point, and it will be tough to stock up when SAH and Barnes and Noble, at least in my experience, are pretty stringent on limits. 

Edited by BillyBricks
Limit information
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

I for one am extremely disappointed in each and everyone of you for not making Diagon Alley OOS at this point. Shame, shame I say. 

For as busy as the website seemed to be, and my impossibility to get through on the phone, it seems they made a few more of this set to keep up with demand.  That, or more buyers are sticking to the smaller sets for now to get the Brickheadz set.  

I was able to finally get through an order for the Alley last night after about 20 minutes, but calling this morning (since I have a phone order code) has been impossible.  

I'm also having issues getting an order through with paypal.  I literally cannot purchase anything right now, and have been trying for hours now. And then when I try to call customer service, it's just a busy signal and it hangs up.  What in the world is going on with Lego????

I'm just beyond sick and tired of the website being absolute trash.  Years and years of this nonsense and they still can't make it function properly.

EDIT: Apparently you can order with paypal, but you cannot choose the paypal pay option.  You have to choose secure checkout, then click on paypal for it to go through... 🙄

Edited by citymorgue

1 hour ago, Mark Twain said:

I for one am extremely disappointed in each and everyone of you for not making Diagon Alley OOS at this point. Shame, shame I say. 

and I for two am frankly disappointed that it is STILL in stock, mocking me with it's  "NANA NANA BOO BOO, ADD TO CART..." 

Now, how am I ever going to make a million bucks in this racket!?!?

19 minutes ago, MusiKyle said:

BrickHeadz GWP is between $45-50 at the moment.  May be worth picking up ANY $99+ HP set, easy offset.

True, but most people don't have theirs yet since I assume the majority of buyers aren't going to LEGO stores, so that price is bound to drop by this weekend. I'm kind of hoping for a short race to the bottom with a bunch of people just wanting a quick $20 in their pocket in the next week and I can scoop some up at that price point. Wishful thinking, I'm sure. 

I don't tread in the HP world.  Never seen or read HP.  However, I am a Brickheadz collector.

The wording on the calendar implies that this will only be a GWP.  However, looking over older articles, it seems that this was revealed at Toy Fair back in February.  People were speculating on retail pricing (although the page on S@H says $39.99 at a price, but that it is a free item).

Could they have decided to limit this one?  Or will this one be coming out retail Q4 this year?