Harry Potter 2020

t_mafia

On 8/21/2020 at 3:07 PM, t_mafia said:

Saw a rumor that Hagrid + Buckbeak BHZ and Potter polybag will be GWPs on September 1 for HP purchases over $100 and $35, respectively. 
As if I needed another reason to buy DA on day 1 

Would be great if they had another GWP micro set like last year's Diagon Alley. I made a killing on those!

In Canada, the Harry and Hedwig poly bags have been available at Walmart. (30420: Harry Potter and Hedwig: Owl Delivery)

30420-1.jpg

unnamed.jpg

27 minutes ago, House Schubert said:

IDK, but it seemed like a HUGE missed opportunity when my kids and I to spent time making that LEGO QR code (which was surprisingly hard!) only to have it take us to the same page that told us how to make the QR code. 

we were all kind of like...”whhhaaat?”

I didnt quite understand the point of the qr code, couldn't you just scan the picture of the code instead of building it?

Is anyone planning to go crazy on the GWP next week? Getting nine of them doesn't seem like that bad of a decision; 3x Great Halls, 3x Castles, and 3x Diagons (assuming you haven't already hit limits for the first two). I think there are enough smaller HP sets to bundle together in order to get 2-3 times as many GWPs, though, if anyone were so inclined to do so. I'm not sure why but this particular GWP doesn't really stand out to me all that much. I think I'm just not a personal fan of the Brickheadz line in general and most of the other HP sets don't really stand out as being good purchases at RRP.

Is anyone planning to go crazy on the GWP next week? Getting nine of them doesn't seem like that bad of a decision; 3x Great Halls, 3x Castles, and 3x Diagons (assuming you haven't already hit limits for the first two). I think there are enough smaller HP sets to bundle together in order to get 2-3 times as many GWPs, though, if anyone were so inclined to do so. I'm not sure why but this particular GWP doesn't really stand out to me all that much. I think I'm just not a personal fan of the Brickheadz line in general and most of the other HP sets don't really stand out as being good purchases at RRP.
I won't be buying any castles or Diagon Alley (to far from retirement on either imo), but I have been torn about whether to go 'all in' on this GWP or not. I will get at least 3, but what concerns me is that they won't limit it to strictly a GWP and release it as a normal BH set down the line. If they don't, this set will be good fast money. If they do, then you are looking at 3 year hold time before it really starts appreciating.
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Serejai said:

I'm looking to get 6-8 via the new sets. I'm slightly concerned about LEGO Shop at Home cutting me off.... I don't think it will last for the slated window. I do think it will go $60-$80 by xmas. 

6 minutes ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

do you all see any QF opportunity with this one? i'm not a huge Harry Potter fan so may sit this one out.

i did think that cobblestone street was pretty cool though 

The desirable GWP makes this a decent investment.

No doubt there will be a limit (1 or 2) and will likely do the "Backorder" to "TOOS" thing.  May be hot out of the gates like Piano w/ scarcity for easy QFLL...but more likely will be like NES with enough stock to make the QFLL more about timing and luck.  If it becomes scarce during holidays then QFLL will be back in play.

Again, the GWP will hedge the investment by $50-$80 

personally it's a must have for my collection; so I will take advantage of the GWP and get 1. IF QFLL opportunities present itself then obviously sell and buy again a year later or whatever. 

33 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

The desirable GWP makes this a decent investment.

No doubt there will be a limit (1 or 2) and will likely do the "Backorder" to "TOOS" thing.  May be hot out of the gates like Piano w/ scarcity for easy QFLL...but more likely will be like NES with enough stock to make the QFLL more about timing and luck.  If it becomes scarce during holidays then QFLL will be back in play.

Again, the GWP will hedge the investment by $50-$80 

personally it's a must have for my collection; so I will take advantage of the GWP and get 1. IF QFLL opportunities present itself then obviously sell and buy again a year later or whatever. 

i see your point. we thinking the brickheadz will be exclusive to this sale then?