Harry Potter 2020

t_mafia

13 hours ago, zaphoid said:

Borgan& Burkes is in Knockturn Alley.

OK?  It was still in the original along with Gringotts and I never held onto 10217 so I'm wanting it to complete the buildings that have been made.  It would be cool if they started with this set and then continued to make additional buildings to add to the world.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Huskers1236 said:

OK?  It was still in the original along with Gringotts and I never held onto 10217 so I'm wanting it to complete the buildings that have been made.  It would be cool if they started with this set and then continued to make additional buildings to add to the world.

So you'd prefer Lego to keep lazily remaking sets rather than make new releases just because you don't have the previous release? No thanks.

1 hour ago, Captain_chaos said:

So you'd prefer Lego to keep lazily remaking sets rather than make new releases just because you don't have the previous release? No thanks.

I don't think one is exclusive of the other...for probably multiple financial reasons remakes of popular sets will always be a part of a series line-up...LEGO has demonstrated this to be true.

We can complain and what not but it is what it is.

As a HP fan, I like the Hedwig set. Relatively accurate and well sized for shelf display. I remember when it first leaked its timing matched US LEGO Masters when a contestant made a similar wing action. Was perceived as very cool.

That said, I would prefer an Owl that could sit perched (best bookshelf display position, IMO) with the ability to have its wings expanded instead of the motion action.

14 hours ago, eliminator said:

I like it. I will buy it. But really just seems like a “multi pack” of $100 sets.

I feel that the price will be outside the range of a majority of fans...

If this is what they were going for, LEGO really should have released them as individual modulars (ala Hogwarts style)...cost of entry would be much lower and ofcourse once a HP fan gets "hooked" the completionist gene kicks in...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, eliminator said:

I like it. I will buy it. But really just seems like a “multi pack” of $100 sets.

I feel that the price will be outside the range of a majority of fans...

1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

If this is what they were going for, LEGO really should have released them as individual modulars (ala Hogwarts style)...cost of entry would be much lower and ofcourse once a HP fan gets "hooked" the completionist gene kicks in...

This is a good way to attract casual fans to buy the set.  Breaking these apart would force LEGO to call each set based on the name of the building.  Pretty sure not too many know the name or even recognize the bookstore or wand shop.  It would be harder sell for most people.  But most probably have heard of Diagon Alley and aware that it is basically a market district

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

This is a good way to attract casual fans to buy the set.  Breaking these apart would force LEGO to call each set based on the name of the building.  Pretty sure not too many know the name or even recognize the bookstore or wand shop.  It would be harder sell for most people.  But most probably have heard of Diagon Alley and aware that it is basically a market district

"Harry Potter Diagon Alley Market Place Series"...make it easy.

17 minutes ago, t_mafia said:

Saw a rumor that Hagrid + Buckbeak BHZ and Potter polybag will be GWPs on September 1 for HP purchases over $100 and $35, respectively. 
As if I needed another reason to buy DA on day 1 

I wonder if the Potter polybag could be that soot covered Harry Potter minifig?

2 hours ago, t_mafia said:

Saw a rumor that Hagrid + Buckbeak BHZ and Potter polybag will be GWPs on September 1 for HP purchases over $100 and $35, respectively. 
As if I needed another reason to buy DA on day 1 

That would make sense.The new Bhz set is listed as a promo item on LEGO Shop at Home - I wondered what was going on ;)