The LEGO Movie 2 BrickHeadz

SLL

18 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

And those sets ARE junk and were thrown together with crappy tape and mediocre corrugate. 

Edited by sodoubleoggood
Whoops - forgot I was working on a reply response. My apologies! Wanted to chime in with this comment: "What a great improvement from last years' limited run sets! Super stoked to receive these in the mail now!" (I couldnt stand tape in last years)

I wonder if the only reason they haven't sold out yet is because not many people know about them yet. The pictures were first leaked a day or two ago. No announcement was made by TLG - nothing on facebook, Lego website, etc.  I think the limited edition old style sets last year were known about and anticipated - Lego and Walmart advertised them ahead of time.

• Like 1

while lurking around some other sites looking for more info i read sweet mayhem BHZ will be at target.  no mention of when . just an answer from some rando.   also don't know why they would know.  just sharing speculation i guess.  havent heard anything else like also limited or anything. nothing on benny yet either

Mayhem and Benny are absent from the back of the boxes, but we know they exist. This is a design style change for the boxes.

If Lego themselves aren't going to carry these, I would assume Target gets Benny and Mayhem as exclusives with both of them on the back of the box.

Edited by CosmicSpeed

Just now, locidm said:

it did make it to thebrickfan.com yesterday.

Yeah, and many AFOLs go there and/or otherwise saw it. But that's only 1 day notice, and it didn't (that I recall) say they'd actually be available today (we still don't know when the Benny & Wyldstyle will be available), and thebrickfan.com isn't as widespread compared to if Lego or Walmart had made announcements in their social media feed. 

Anywho, after doing finances yesterday, I promised myself I wouldn't buy more Lego any time soon, and y'all have made me break my promise... (though I've limited myself to 4 of each)

2 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

But the sticker says Limited Edition of 5000! Would they really produce more than what the sticker says? Honest question. 

They only produced 5000 of each sticker. Just like they only produced a "limited" number of Reylo dualpack boxes and a regular amount of solo Reys and Kylos.

Edited by mizeur
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

But the sticker says Limited Edition of 5000! Would they really produce more than what the sticker says? Honest question. 

I think they will honor the stickers for these single packs.  However, there is nothing stopping them from creating 20k units of Emmet & Wyldstyle dual pack :drag:

So, to me at least, it becomes a question of how much do people value 5000 unique stickers ?

Just now, kaczy said:

Ok so let's assume that the limited 5k of sets will sold out today/tomorrow. Why TLG should refuse to stock those sets to other markets? Or maybe next week in EU region will be another 5k limited edition but with sticker in different colour?

Because they know these may not be hot sellers unless they make a wave with this limited edition BS.

• Like 1