Need some EBay selling advice?

jbacunn

On 12/11/2015 at 0:26 AM, Phil B said:

I on the other hand have one of my WM LCBs stuck in a FedEx hub in Grove City, OH since last Sunday. Called FedEx today (delivery due date was today) and mentioned no updates since Sunday, lady said she saw a scan was made today so it should be moving soon, and they were overloaded so more delays were happening. Now my tracker says "No scheduled delivery date available at this time.". This is FedEx SmartPost, so not sure about your last statement there :)

Oh ... and now, after a week of no updates, the status is "Shipment Exception - Weather Delay". This is in a distribution center in my state - I'm not aware of any weather problems the last few days, so I guess that's just a random status they automatically attach to shipments being held up for longer than a certain threshold of time.

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2015 at 3:43 PM, BrickLegacy said:

Earlier in the holiday season I've been gambling on using SmartPost from the Midwest to California.  So far, so good.  With only fifteen days until Christmas, what point (day) should I strongly consider not using that option for larger packages to keep my customers happy?  Hoping to learn from the experience of some veteran holiday sellers...

I stop selling a week before Christmas to avoid "where's my package?!", or "If I order tommorow after I deposit my paycheck, do you think the mail can get it here the next day before I leave to travel out of the country?, Could you switch the delivery address and mail it to the airport so we can get it before we board the plane?" lol Oh and don't forget all the lies retailers including Ebay will spin, telling customers the estimated delivery time is 2 days, if you order on December 21st.

To answer you question specifically though, I don't use FedEx, I use USPS and mostly Priority Mail, but all carriers regardless of who they are will be overloaded with work the closer the 25th comes. Delivery times will be longer but the carriers will not tell you that in person or on their websites.

• Like 4

I have had some packages stuck in my N houston sorting center for the last 7 days, finally today some scanned in as delivered to MI, FL etc.... 

BUT there is one that is now 10 days from shipping on a typical 2 or 3 day Priority, this is kind of extreme.  I notified the buyer out of good will and called USPS at great pain to only be told, we have no idea but we will put in a ticket.  I used the online (much easier  https://www.usps.com/help/contact-us.htm) method by inputting tracking #s and I got phone calls from the actual delivery location post offices, all the USPS employees could only see as much info as I could and simply said "just give it more time Im sure its on the way."   well crap.  What a waste of an employees time to call me just to say they know as little as I do and have as much hope.

My 10 day overdue package ( its under $50) buyer wants a refund.  given this time of year and the fact that there IS a tracking # and there is a high chance it is in transit, what is the process for his wanting a refund?  My listings are No Refund but of course this one hasnt even arrived.

1.  Does he open a SNAD?

2.  Is there a time frame to wait for it to show up?

3.  If he gets a refund and it arrives a day later, what then?

4.  Even though USPS stops at noon on Saturdays, do you think they will be working all day?  I saw my local truck at 6am today when I got off work, they must be busy.  My small town in Ohio never got crazy but Houston is a whole different mess.

Thanks guys.

Rem

Rem, In extreme cases I have seen packages take up to 1 month, but 10 business days is usually what a delayed package can take. The problem with giving a refund is once you do and if it still arrives, you are out of luck unless the person is honest. I explain to the buyer that there is a delay and if they want to they can always buy somewhere else and return if it arrives. If you stall eBay too long, they will decide against you no matter what and you will get a defect because it was resolved on their end.

USPS could be more help if it wasn't the holiday rush. Packages can get stuck as well (I've seen it), and it only resolved when I put in a support request.

I have had some packages stuck in my N houston sorting center for the last 7 days, finally today some scanned in as delivered to MI, FL etc.... 

BUT there is one that is now 10 days from shipping on a typical 2 or 3 day Priority, this is kind of extreme.  I notified the buyer out of good will and called USPS at great pain to only be told, we have no idea but we will put in a ticket.  I used the online (much easier  https://www.usps.com/help/contact-us.htm) method by inputting tracking #s and I got phone calls from the actual delivery location post offices, all the USPS employees could only see as much info as I could and simply said "just give it more time Im sure its on the way."   well crap.  What a waste of an employees time to call me just to say they know as little as I do and have as much hope.

My 10 day overdue package ( its under $50) buyer wants a refund.  given this time of year and the fact that there IS a tracking # and there is a high chance it is in transit, what is the process for his wanting a refund?  My listings are No Refund but of course this one hasnt even arrived.

1.  Does he open a SNAD?

4.  Even though USPS stops at noon on Saturdays, do you think they will be working all day?  I saw my local truck at 6am today when I got off work, they must be busy.  My small town in Ohio never got crazy but Houston is a whole different mess.

Thanks guys.

Rem

When I've contacted USPS through that same link, every time it's started moving within 24 hours for me & no one's ever called or emailed me...

2 hours ago, dcdfan said:

When I've contacted USPS through that same link, every time it's started moving within 24 hours for me & no one's ever called or emailed me...

You have discovered the "magic". The same very thing happens to me each and every time I telephone the USPS - the parcel starts moving the next day. Once this year I waited over an hour on the phone, and the "magic" happened - the parcel magically started moving while I was still on the phone!. All joking aside, telephoning (or I guess electronic filing, since you I see you used that) gets the parcel moving for whatever reason. This also works for international parcels that are insides Customs - any country's Customs. It honestly works every time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, remy1492 said:

1.  Does he open a SNAD?

Thanks guys.

Rem

I have always been able to smooth talk the Customer into waiting (not for Christmas of course as this is THE BIG DAY). However, I have asked Ebay about it and if you give a refund and the tracking shows the parcel arrives later, you are not out the money and the item. I can not remember the procedure and I am sure they have changed it by now but I am positive Ebay gives your money back or the Buyer sends the item back. I am most certain you will not be out of both money and item. That would be crazy.

Wow...Ok I need some advice.  HELP!

Ebay marketplace.  Yesterday I sold a 6286/6285/6268 in two seperate orders to the same buyer.

No issue yet...inventoried last night and sent out this morning.

I did my bowling thing this evening came home to find the same buyer bought 7938, 7939 and a complete 70404 castle collection 358.xx shipped.

One buyer just spent 1350.00 with me...all funds are already in my paypal account.  This just seems odd.  I certainly don't mind the business but I have a bad feeling about it.

Any advise would be welcome...

Buyer "ghostofstarman" has 59 feedback (100% positive) with 20 of it coming in the last 30 days.

Member since Oct 2002.

Get signature, seems legit

On 12/11/2015 at 9:10 PM, brickelements said:

Wow...Ok I need some advice.  HELP!

Ebay marketplace.  Yesterday I sold a 6286/6285/6268 in two seperate orders to the same buyer.

No issue yet...inventoried last night and sent out this morning.

I did my bowling thing this evening came home to find the same buyer bought 7938, 7939 and a complete 70404 castle collection 358.xx shipped.

One buyer just spent 1350.00 with me...all funds are already in my paypal account.  This just seems odd.  I certainly don't mind the business but I have a bad feeling about it.

Any advise would be welcome...

Buyer "ghostofstarman" has 59 feedback (100% positive) with 20 of it coming in the last 30 days.

Member since Oct 2002.

I've had it happen many times on EBay, especially within the same theme. I've done the same thing where I'll order a few items from a seller then realize later they had more items I wanted. The only buyers that generally ever scare me are the 0-5 feedback folks.  

Need some advice from Canadian ebayers. 

I've just been mailed a promotion for 25% off subscription fees for 4 months if I register an ebay Store. At the 1-year term for a Basic level store, this works out to $175.50 (regular $191.50) for the year. What I'm having difficulty with is trying to calculate actual savings through having a Store, and whether that $175 buy-in will actually save me more money. My Final Value fees for Nov 15->Dec 15 (busiest time of the year, I know) without a store right now are sitting at $87. They constantly throw me free promos for zero insertion fees, so the perk the store provides with that seems moot. More curious about discounted Final Value fees and how much they apply to Lego reselling.

From those of you with some experience, what sort of dollar value advantages will I see with having a Basic store, if any, and at what sort of sales threshold per month would you say it starts actually generating you money? 

I have a few BIN listings on EBay that have been up for a while. I would like to end the listings before Christmas. I have them listed as free shipping. I don't want to risk being unable to deliver before Christmas, putting my feedback at risk. I've never ended a listing, is there any downside?

6 minutes ago, Jimking23 said:

I have a few BIN listings on EBay that have been up for a while. I would like to end the listings before Christmas. I have them listed as free shipping. I don't want to risk being unable to deliver before Christmas, putting my feedback at risk. I've never ended a listing, is there any downside?

There is no Evilbay penality but I am whispering that so they don't get any ideas; they have just about used every idea there is for gaining more fees other than directly charging the buyers. I stop selling about a week before Christmas to avoid any disappointed buyers.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jimking23 said:

If you have a store just go into vacation mode.

• Like 2

I had a customer who couldn't wait out the delay for two indominus Rex sets and opened a refund on me. I told them that's fine no problem but only when I receive my sets back  well the lady was pretty honest as she signed for the package at the post office she turned around and shipped it at that same moment maybe I got lucky but I find that with all the delays going on its natural for buyers to panic and a return or two would become the norm 

My VERY delayed packages have arrived at their houses. About 12-15 days on proriority. Customer decided to keep it thank god. After the cost. Free shipping and fees i made about $4 for 2hrs of work but had soooo much drama. At my normal salary of $60/hr I should just stick to my main job. Ugh. 

5 hours ago, Mrbigz8657 said:

I had a customer who couldn't wait out the delay for two indominus Rex sets and opened a refund on me. I told them that's fine no problem but only when I receive my sets back  well the lady was pretty honest as she signed for the package at the post office she turned around and shipped it at that same moment maybe I got lucky but I find that with all the delays going on its natural for buyers to panic and a return or two would become the norm 

Just a hunch but if she bought 2 Indominus Rex, then she herself may be a Reselller. Maybe she already had them sold to someone but the delayed delivery "killed her sale"? Just a thought. Some resellers are indeed  hassle.

38 minutes ago, remy1492 said:

My VERY delayed packages have arrived at their houses. About 12-15 days on proriority. Customer decided to keep it thank god. After the cost. Free shipping and fees i made about $4 for 2hrs of work but had soooo much drama. At my normal salary of $60/hr I should just stick to my main job. Ugh. 

So did my package that was "weather delayed" for a week by FedEx. Got delivered yesterday via USPS (FedEx SmartPost). Box was undamaged, and so were the contents. Must have landed somewhere and have been "missed" during their handling, I guess. Anyways, glad to have received it.

• 3 weeks later...
On October 23, 2015 at 2:48 PM, Kenxxx said:

HI thought I read somewhere 'round here about having your listing photos "stolen" by other ebay sellers.. and having success reporting it, and getting the photos taken down.  I've tried it before and gotten no where. Just noticed some of my images copied again... I clicked on the "Report this listing" link... and it takes you to some drop down menus with a variety of listing violations to choose from... but nothing seems to match up to this type of "infraction".  Anybody have success reporting this lately?  How do you do it?

First contact the lazy jerk and ask him to remove your images or you will report him. If he does not respond, then call Ebay CS.  You can Google to find a phone number.  State your case and within 24 hours it should be resolved.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't do auctions very often, but I've usually aimed for a closing time of around 10PM EST / 7PM PST on Saturday or Sunday nights. I find most of my sales happen on the weekends anyway, which tells me people are shopping. I've done so few auctions I can't say whether this finishing time is really successful compared to any others though! :)

I've created a listing in eBay US with the set number in the title. When I do a search using the 'Lego + set number'...it's not showing in the search results. Already double-checked the spelling, spacing...it's all correct. Is eBay trying to encourage me to avail their value added services like:

($0.50)  Help on Subtitle
Give buyers more information in search results.
Edited by znjndmawn

11 minutes ago, znjndmawn said:

I've created a listing in eBay US with the set number in the title. When I do a search using the 'Lego + set number'...it's not showing in the search results. Already double-checked the spelling, spacing...it's all correct. Is eBay trying to encourage me to avail their value added services like:

Sometimes takes longer than you think to come up in searches, even though the listing is live. Not sure why. Never had a problem with the listing not appearing on searches within a couple of hours

21 minutes ago, znjndmawn said:

If you still don't see it show up after an hour or so, double check the category for your listing and your search.