Need some EBay selling advice?

jbacunn

3 minutes ago, archimedes said:

For future reference you should turn the parcel away at the door if it looks like that. That's way it is returned to sender and never in your possession. Good luck with your claim though

I was not home when this was delivered.

Just now, iahawks550 said:

I am never home when mail is delivered. It would be impossible for me to do what you are suggesting.

That being said, I would probably leave negative feedback and go on with life. It would barely be worth $50 to mess with it.

It was not just $50 there were two Mansions there total was $120

31 minutes ago, Deanfjr said:

I need not eBay Selling Advice, I need eBay buying Advice....

Via eBay, some butt cheek ships my 2 Scooby Doo Mystery Mansions taped together & wrapped in this tissue like paper. Boxes destroyed, seals popped. I opened up a claim for a refund. Seller did respond but said nothing of my refund request but did say:

"The post office was currently out of boxes. I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience and I hope that the postal service will do something about their total mishandling of your items. I feel for what your saying but those packages were wrapped neatly and in great shape when I left them at the post office"  

I short versioned their reply, but that sums it up. The PO out of boxes, c'mon that's a terrible excuse, just say you were cheap and trying to save money on the shipping. There goes what I thought was a great buy. I have heard people on here mention that they have seen Lego just wrapped and shipped in its Lego box with no protection, who has experience with this? Did you have any luck with the dispute? The seller did have no refunds marked, but this is clearly not; New, Unopened, undamaged. This ruined my day yesterday. I was so happy to finally get 2 of these.

Unreal. My thoughts.

Many of us (I think I'm outdone by @gregpj) take great care and pride in our packaging. IF you showed these images to USPS they would probably not insure the items, b/c the sender did not package the items properly. Wraping the items in a single layer of thin packing paper does not constitute proper packing methods. IF the sender didn't have a box and actually gave a crap they would have notified you and requested more time to get a box. But obviously they didn't and don't care.

Since you have contacted the seller and they say they are not at fault then it's now time to get ebay involved. For me its worth my time to confront this seller b/c A: I don't want them to keep getting away with it and B: I'd prefer others not have the same issue and buy from someone else.

Obviously we've seen sets get damaged even when shipped in a box, but that is beyond lazy and careless.

• Like 4

By the way, this is just the way it is. Many people will not pack properly (some people even try to pack things up so well that it causes damage).

I always have open issues with damaged purchases (and I am always expecting a little bit of a surprise) - it is just going to happen.

Sometimes things are better than expected, sometimes worse. But as long as you don't ignore it (or let it drive you crazy), it usually can be worked out.

• Like 2

Anyone have any experience in getting negative feedback "corrected"?  (within the past couple months)

I recently sold some 16x16 plates, and the listing clearly stated "16x16 (studs, not inches)".  New Ebay user gave a negative feedback that said "Item not as big as you  said".  I submitted a request for correction via Ebay, pointed out the "(studs, not inches)" from the listing.  It now says the buyer has 10 days to consider/submit the corrected feedback.

If they don't correct it, do I have any other recourse?  Should I call Ebay's customer service to see if they can redact the unjustified negative feedback?

It's my first and only negative feedback, amidst 500+ positives - seller didn't even give me a chance to accept a return or partial refund or anything, so I'd hate to be stuck with this one (bogus) blemish on my feedback rating...

Any tips/insights are most appreciated!

I wouldn't sweat it. Given your past posts and contributions to BP I know you've already take the appropriate steps to resolve the matter.

Wait for the 10 day "correction" period to pass then if they don't retract their negative feedback you can involve ebay CS to take off the negative feedback.

Ebay gave me the auto reply to the effect of "please allow 10 days... Please respect the decision of the buyer to disregard your request or leave the feedback unchanged".  That raised a bit of alarm on my end - seems to suggest the buyer's feedback could be final/irrecovable.

But it sounds like Ebay customer service will in fact hear you out if the buyer is nonresponsive, and can make a correction if you show all your ducks are in a row?  I'd hate wasting 3 hours on hold with customer support just to be stonewalled, should things come to that...

2 hours ago, AirborneAFOL said:

Anyone have any experience in getting negative feedback "corrected"?  (within the past couple months)

If they don't correct it, do I have any other recourse?  Should I call Ebay's customer service to see if they can redact the unjustified negative feedback?

"I wish I could tell you that if you fight the good fight, that the buyers will let you be. I wish I could tell you that - but ebay is no fairy-tale world."

This is a relatively general eBay question, and not about a specific event per-se. Do many of you have an eBay subscription, for a store? I've been thinking of getting the 'basic store' subscription. Have any of you found having a store to be beneficial? I know that this really depends on how much you are selling and such. I usually have about 10 listings posted currently, and sell about 6-7 items per month. It looks like there is a FV fee discount, and some other benefits, but nothing too great that seems worth the $25/month fee. 

What are your general thoughts on the subscription? Is there something really awesome about these, that I'm not catching? 

Thanks!

Edited by thegooch49
clarity

25 minutes ago, thegooch49 said:

This is a relatively general eBay question, and not about a specific event per-se. Do many of you have an eBay subscription, for a store? I've been thinking of getting the 'basic store' subscription. Have any of you found having a store to be beneficial? I know that this really depends on how much you are selling and such. I usually have about 10 listings posted currently, and sell about 6-7 items per month. It looks like there is a FV fee discount, and some other benefits, but nothing too great that seems worth the $25/month fee. 

What are your general thoughts on the subscription? Is there something really awesome about these, that I'm not catching? 

Thanks!

Below is a link to calculate if/when a store is worthwhile (and if so, which level works best).

http://www.fees.ebay.com/feeweb/feeillustrator

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, KShine said:

Below is a link to calculate if/when a store is worthwhile (and if so, which level works best).

http://www.fees.ebay.com/feeweb/feeillustrator

Cool, thanks! I had no idea that this existed. The short answer for anyone else curious, is that a store is definitely not worth it in the illustration that I laid out. Christmas season may be a different story. 

4 minutes ago, thegooch49 said:

Cool, thanks! I had no idea that this existed. The short answer for anyone else curious, is that a store is definitely not worth it in the illustration that I laid out. Christmas season may be a different story. 

Correct, I would say that at around 100 listings or so - it might start to make sense.

KShine is spot on.  The only thing I'd add is that Ebay's calculator doesn't account for the increased sales that you may get from the tools that come along with a store subscription.  Even if the calculator shows you'd come out behind a few bucks with the store upgrade, that could be offset by a lift in sales a store can facilitate.  But "100 active listings at any given time" is a pretty fair benchmark to reference for making a store worth the cost.

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

I've been asked to cancel a sale, but when I click the More Actions button on the transaction it doesn't give me an option to cancel the order. What am I doing wrong?

Go to my ebay, account tab and resolution centre the you will see buyer and seller options. Choose buyer and seller agree to cancel transaction,

• 1 month later...

Any help with getting paid quickly on a "best offer" eBay sale?  I generally avoid "best offer" for this reason... you never know when (or if) you're going to get paid.  Occasionally, (usually within minutes of getting the offer) I've accepted a best offer, and added the some terms like, "Payment must be made within 12 hours, or offer will be cancelled."  But can I really do that?  Is there any good way to guarantee quick payment on a best offer sale?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kenxxx said:

Any help with getting paid quickly on a "best offer" eBay sale?  I generally avoid "best offer" for this reason... you never know when (or if) you're going to get paid.  Occasionally, (usually within minutes of getting the offer) I've accepted a best offer, and added the some terms like, "Payment must be made within 12 hours, or offer will be cancelled."  But can I really do that?  Is there any good way to guarantee quick payment on a best offer sale?

Nope, it is as if you remove BIN from your listing

• Like 1

What I do if it is a single item listing say 1 SSD for $999 OBO or the last one available on multi quantity as to not close out the listing with the selling history and watchers is if I get an acceptable offer usually a good buyer from close proximity or GSP I counter offer for $1 less. This way if they accept they have to make immediate payment. I usually add in the comments thanks for the offer item will ship next day after payment is received. You may loose out on a few sales but I find it better than the alternative. 

16 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

What I do if it is a single item listing say 1 SSD for $999 OBO or the last one available on multi quantity as to not close out the listing with the selling history and watchers is if I get an acceptable offer usually a good buyer from close proximity or GSP I counter offer for $1 less. This way if they accept they have to make immediate payment. I usually add in the comments thanks for the offer item will ship next day after payment is received. You may loose out on a few sales but I find it better than the alternative. 

Counteroffers that are accepted require immediate payment? That's genius! I've always hated accepting Best Offers because I never know for sure if the buyer will pay. This is a great idea. Thanks!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

Counteroffers that are accepted require immediate payment? That's genius! I've always hated accepting Best Offers because I never know for sure if the buyer will pay. This is a great idea. Thanks!

You must have immediate payment when the buyer uses BIN selected in the original listing then if they accept counteroffer it requires immediate payment. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pseudoty said:

You must have immediate payment when the buyer uses BIN selected in the original listing then if they accept counteroffer it requires immediate payment. 

Thanks for confirming! I always have Immediate Payment Required checked with my BIN listings with Best Offer. I never knew it applied to accepted counteroffers. I can imagine the buyer thinking, "Counteroffer for $1 less than my offer? Heck yeah!" haha