Need some EBay selling advice?

jbacunn

eBay just called me (no called I'd)....because my sales of Lego went up, and the guy said that they will send me email asking who my suppliers are (because of the increased sales) so they don't have to limit my sales. Wtf, anyone heard of anything like that? I've been doing it for years....

1 minute ago, Lordoflego said:

eBay just called me (no called I'd)....because my sales of Lego went up, and the guy said that they will send me email asking who my suppliers are (because of the increased sales) so they don't have to limit my sales. Wtf, anyone heard of anything like that? I've been doing it for years....

So just tell them US retailers.

I just say I'm a collector when they ask. They eventually stop asking when you can't keep up with the selling limit.

7 minutes ago, Lordoflego said:

Submitted some order confirmations screen shots that I could find in my phone, hope that's enough, but if needed I have receipts at home. Bought month or so ago original used Death Star on CL that I don't have a receipts for of course, same with couple other local purchases...

Now that you've submitted that, tell them you want to see their magic algorithm for listing placement because you think its bunk and they are purposely putting your listings farther down in favor for new sellers with less feedback and higher asking prices to introduce more sellers to the joy of ebay.

They had better never ask me for that info. I'll rip their heads off for trophies and sell their carcasses on ebay as bonus income. In my best days I've sold 18k a month at Christmas and no one at ebay ever asked me that. It just sounds like more b.s. hoops to jump through from the 'all powerfull' auction monopoly, ebay. I dislike Feebay/Evilbay more and more...

1 hour ago, Average Guy said:

Now that you've submitted that, tell them you want to see their magic algorithm for listing placement because you think its bunk and they are purposely putting your listings farther down in favor for new sellers with less feedback and higher asking prices to introduce more sellers to the joy of ebay.

They had better never ask me for that info. I'll rip their heads off for trophies and sell their carcasses on ebay as bonus income. In my best days I've sold 18k a month at Christmas and no one at ebay ever asked me that. It just sounds like more b.s. hoops to jump through from the 'all powerfull' auction monopoly, ebay. I dislike Feebay/Evilbay more and more...

If I could only speak with them. When that particular department called me I was so shocked and speechless, I though it was a scam. Email confirmed that its legite but no way to reach them now. And yes, I dislike them more and more...

Edited by Lordoflego

Quick question......... What is everyone's preference when listing, whether on ebay or another auction site, a straight up auction, a buy it now or a buy it now or best offer. I recently listed over a hundred items with a buy it now or best offer and priced them for the going price. But I must say having to wade through the river of BS offers is getting old. Any thoughts?

Thanx

3 minutes ago, longshot said:

Quick question......... What is everyone's preference when listing, whether on ebay or another auction site, a straight up auction, a buy it now or a buy it now or best offer. I recently listed over a hundred items with a buy it now or best offer and priced them for the going price. But I must say having to wade through the river of BS offers is getting old. Any thoughts?

Thanx

When using the Best Offer option, please make sure you set the auto-decline and auto-accept options (you need the "advanced" listing tool but you should be using that one anyways) to limit the amount of BS offers. Some here like to include a BO option, to give people the feeling they "got a deal". Auction style listings are typically a no-no, as results are not guaranteed, unless you are looking at something in very high demand.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, longshot said:

Thanx

Set an auto-decline for offers less than the lowest you are willing to go. That will weed off the low-ballers.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, longshot said:

Thanx

I use Buy it Now.  Sometimes I will use Best Offer, but it is mainly for larger sets where shipping is higher.  That way if a buyer is closer I can factor that into how much I come off the asking price.  If you're using eBay, I would just set your auto decline price where you want it so you don't have to manually deal with the low offers, otherwise, just forgo that option altogether.

• Like 2