Need some EBay selling advice?

jbacunn

Has anyone ever had a "Transaction # under PayPal Payment Review"? This is my first one. They paid but PayPal said they need to review it for 24 hours first. Its a large lot of Lego $260 shipped to a user with 1 feedback, 1 year ago.

yes just usually a flagged payment (most are from people who pay on mobile checkout).  Just hold until they clear the payment.  Usually happens overnight.

happens a lot, no big deal and the payment usually clears fine.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I can provide more information if people are interested, but I sold a package of a 7965 75055 and 9493 that I bought on AWD for $400 to a buyer in Singapore. He's been good with communication, and looks like I have a legit address there to send to. Should I be nervous about completing this transaction? He has 98 positive and no negative feedback, with 8 in the past 12 months from sellers in the US, Austria, and Germany, and is paying shipping cost. I'm planning on insuring the package and taking video of sealing the package, so there's really not much more I can do to protect myself right?

I can provide more information if people are interested, but I sold a package of a 7965 75055 and 9493 that I bought on AWD for $400 to a buyer in Singapore. He's been good with communication, and looks like I have a legit address there to send to. Should I be nervous about completing this transaction? He has 98 positive and no negative feedback, with 8 in the past 12 months from sellers in the US, Austria, and Germany, and is paying shipping cost. I'm planning on insuring the package and taking video of sealing the package, so there's really not much more I can do to protect myself right?

If they paid, I wouldn't sweat it.

I have had good success with international sales, including to Singapore, particularly with the GSP. You might as well ship it because you can only protect yourself to a certain extent. If someone really wants to scam you, then there is nothing that you can do about it.

Ex Astris, Scientia.

• 1 month later...

I have read through the forums and I can't find anything exact like this but I am sure it is here somewhere so I apologize for posting  a repeat situation.

Someone opened an unauthorized charge through their card and now Paypal has put a hold on the funds in my account.  I shipped the item via fedex and uploaded the tracking and it shows the item as delivered etc.  

Is this going to be my first bad experience or am I covered?  (They opened nothing in ebay...the case is only in paypal.)

I have read through the forums and I can't find anything exact like this but I am sure it is here somewhere so I apologize for posting  a repeat situation.

Someone opened an unauthorized charge through their card and now Paypal has put a hold on the funds in my account.  I shipped the item via fedex and uploaded the tracking and it shows the item as delivered etc.  

Is this going to be my first bad experience or am I covered?  (They opened nothing in ebay...the case is only in paypal.)

If the tracking was to the confirmed address and it says delivered you should be fine.

If it asks you to respond you just put the tracking in , although the last few years paypal usually has it in there already and it says "being reviewed by paypal"

Just let it run its course and as long as it says delivered it should be decided in your favor.  

From my experience the "unauthorized charge" ones that open through paypal instead of ebay usually have some other circumstance to them that it doesn't allow them to open through ebay like a international address on the card even though they are domestic and provided a domestic address.

It can also be past the ebay time frame as another reason it goes through paypal. 

They are very few nowadays seeing most things are automatically done through ebay but those are just some reasons it could of opened through paypal.  

• Like 1

I believe it has been not pleasant that eBay started charging listing fees on fixed-price toy items. Lately eBay has given out some free listing at the end of the month. Not sure if it's a trend so I'd really appreciate your experienced take on this. Is it still worth signing up eBay store? Thanks!

• 5 months later...

Question. I have a used set., 75054, that has all the pieces except Luke's lightsaber. This is the first time I have a set with something missing. Can I list the item complete, but in the description obviously state the lightsaber is missing, or does the title need to state the lightsaber is missing. Or, would it be worth while to order the lightsaber? 

Question. I have a used set., 75054, that has all the pieces except Luke's lightsaber. This is the first time I have a set with something missing. Can I list the item complete, but in the description obviously state the lightsaber is missing, or does the title need to state the lightsaber is missing. Or, would it be worth while to order the lightsaber? 

I would brick link the missing parts and sell as complete! Alternatively, you could list the set as "99% complete" and state what is missing - that's not my preferred method but I see it done a lot!

did you mean 10178 or 8129?  If so bricklink the saber, they are dirt cheap so no worth selling incomplete.  If did mean 75054 then well you have and extra luke figure not a missing saber.

Thanks guys. I'm not very familiar with bricklink but I thought I would need to make a minimal $10 purchase from most sellers, but I guess it will still be worth it. And I'm browsing around right now, but am probably looking in the wrong spots to find the lightsaber, I'm looking under weapons? 

Thanks guys. I'm not very familiar with bricklink but I thought I would need to make a minimal $10 purchase from most sellers, but I guess it will still be worth it. And I'm browsing around right now, but am probably looking in the wrong spots to find the lightsaber, I'm looking under weapons? 

The easiest way to find the lightsaber is as follows:

Enter the set number in the search bar on the front page
Change the drop down menu to read "Catalog Items"

Select "Inv"

Then scroll down and select your part (Trans-light blue lightsaber in this case) - in the case of 75054, there is no Luke, so perhaps you meant set 8129.

Anyhow - link here: http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?P=30374&idColor=15#T=S&C=15&O={"color":15,"ii":1}

You can change the sort parameters to suit you (for example US sellers only)

• Like 2

Hi everyone, 

Noob question. Badly need some advise. My first time selling in the US through ebay. The buyer paid through paypal, i checked my paypal account and it says completed, funds not yet available. It also says 'Until you establish a successful sales history on ebay, you may not have access to the funds for up to 21 days. The funds maybe released sooner if you quickly send the order, but it may take longer if the buyer reports a problem with the sale. 

Is this normal for new sellers? In this case when will I get paid? Do I have to do anything else?

thank you all

ryan.

Edited by Contrails

Yes that's normal. I'm not sure exactly how long it will take to get access to the funds. All you have to do is ship it out. Using the ebay system to print out your shipping label, the tracking info will be entered automatically, and that way ebay will know shipment was made, the item was delivered, and - assuming no complaints from the buyer - you will be paid shortly thereafter. If you use some other mailing label / shipping method, be sure and enter the tracking number yourself into the ebay system.

Hi Kenxxx

Thank you for your reply. Yes I used the ebay system to print out the label for shipping. How many labels should I print? So do I just stick the label on the package and bring it to Fedex? Do I have to pay at the Fedex office? Ebay says that they will settle the shipping cost as I selected buyer pays for actual shipping. Sorry for all the noob questions. Its pretty different selling on ebay in my country. And thanks for your patience

ryan

Fedex is less than a 5 min walk from where I am. Its my first time doing this so I thought I pick somewhere closeby. So do I just print the label, stick it on the box and drop it off at fedex?

Yup. For expensive items, I ask for the receipt (proof of drop off). BTW, congrats!