Need some EBay selling advice?

jbacunn

I thought I read somewhere 'round here about having your listing photos "stolen" by other ebay sellers.. and having success reporting it, and getting the photos taken down.  I've tried it before and gotten no where. Just noticed some of my images copied again... I clicked on the "Report this listing" link... and it takes you to some drop down menus with a variety of listing violations to choose from... but nothing seems to match up to this type of "infraction".  Anybody have success reporting this lately?  How do you do it?

I've had my images "stolen", but I can't think of any reason it would bother me. It's actually kind of flattering. Sure, there's another person who is too lazy to take their own pictures, but if we're talking about a Lego box, what difference does it really make?

... don't need to get into this discussion again.  I just want to know if anyone has had any success at this, and how.  Maybe ebay doesn't even follow-up with this type of minor issue anymore, and that's why they don't make it easy to report?

• 5 weeks later...

How do I improve my selling on Ebay if I'm a seller from Canada. I do offer shipping to the US but surprisingly I haven't had a single US buyer. All my buyers have been from Canada and even one from Italy but I haven't been able to pull in any US buyers. Would there be any reason to why this is possible? 

On October 23, 2015 at 3:25:46 PM, Kenxxx said:

... don't need to get into this discussion again.  I just want to know if anyone has had any success at this, and how.  Maybe ebay doesn't even follow-up with this type of minor issue anymore, and that's why they don't make it easy to report?

I've had more success telling the image thief I would report them to eBay.  I've never had to report anyone because they've taken the images down.

I've had my images "stolen", but I can't think of any reason it would bother me. It's actually kind of flattering. Sure, there's another person who is too lazy to take their own pictures, but if we're talking about a Lego box, what difference does it really make?

If you dont water mark them how do we know they are yours?

On 10/23/2015, 3:25:46, Kenxxx said:

A few years ago I reported a few buyers for using my photos in their listings and surprisingly, eBay removed those listings afterwards.  Since this was a couple of years ago, I'm not sure if they take any action now.  I don't really worry about it now though since I use watermarks on all my images b/c I take photos of every item that I sell. A few months ago I noticed one seller copied my photos of Indominus Rex 75919 and used them in his listings; he simply removed my watermark.  I did not bother to report him since I have just decided it isn't that important to me anymore. The reason I know it is my listing is the box is in the same exact spot, angle, position, wall color, background, etc. as my photos.

2 hours ago, msdontplay01 said:

A few months ago I noticed one seller copied my photos of Indominus Rex 75919 and used them in his listings; he simply removed my watermark.

Lol some sellers with 4 digits feedback (ie. who should know better :mad: ), took the time to Photoshop my watermark out of the picture. It would have been faster had they taken and uploaded their own pictures. :thumbsd:

Need a bit of advice on how to handle an email I got about an eBay sale. Back in August, I sold a set for about 50% over MSRP and got a note today that, when presented as a birthday present, only three of the bags were inside the set. Now, as a matter of course, I weigh EVERY set I sell to ensure the correct item weight and verify seals before I buy, so I know that set was complete and untouched (as much as I do for any set I sell).

Not sure what to do/think here. I try to give the benefit of the doubt, but August?!?

Curious for similar experiences/outcomes/advice.

Need a bit of advice on how to handle an email I got about an eBay sale. Back in August, I sold a set for about 50% over MSRP and got a note today that, when presented as a birthday present, only three of the bags were inside the set. Now, as a matter of course, I weigh EVERY set I sell to ensure the correct item weight and verify seals before I buy, so I know that set was complete and untouched (as much as I do for any set I sell).

Not sure what to do/think here. I try to give the benefit of the doubt, but August?!?

Curious for similar experiences/outcomes/advice.

They can't open a case on you with ebay. Not sure about Paypal. Did they leave feedback yet?

Since you are outside of the ebay window for returns and feedback I would politely tell your buyer that you only accept return requests within 30 days (or whatever your return policy was for the listing). I would also block the buyer. Paypal allows a case for SNAD to be opened for 6 months after the sale so you will have to accept a return and refund if the buyer is savvy enough to go the Paypal route and ship a package to your zip code with tracking.

• Like 1

What was the set? Perhaps tlg can replace missing piecess, but my guess is its a retired set.

It is retired...Cargo Terminal. Additional email claims some of the bags were taped back shut, but most of the airplane element were there, so I'm not sure why anyone would just steal the "nonessential" parts. Of course, I'm not the kind of low-life who would steal anything...

• 2 weeks later...

I need some advice of what to do here. I sold a used Cafe Corner 10182 on eBay and I waited two days for my guy from Hong Kong China to pay and he hadn't paid. Then, I sent him a payment reminder and he replied saying that his paypal account was locked and that he could not pay. What should I do?

29 minutes ago, lsusswein18 said:

I need some advice of what to do here. I sold a used Cafe Corner 10182 on eBay and I waited two days for my guy from Hong Kong China to pay and he hadn't paid. Then, I sent him a payment reminder and he replied saying that his paypal account was locked and that he could not pay. What should I do?

send him a cancel transaction link and relist your item

16 minutes ago, lsusswein18 said:

so i should not open an unpaid item case?

I wouldn't waste the time or trouble. Cancel the sale and relist it. There should be plenty of other buyers for that set willing to buy it. In the time it takes to deal with your first buyer you could have it resold by then. Make sure to block the first buyer so he doesn't buy from you again.

39 minutes ago, lsusswein18 said:

so i should not open an unpaid item case?

25 minutes ago, terrymc4677 said:

I wouldn't waste the time or trouble. Cancel the sale and relist it. There should be plenty of other buyers for that set willing to buy it. In the time it takes to deal with your first buyer you could have it resold by then. Make sure to block the first buyer so he doesn't buy from you again.

I suggest to open an un-paid item case , so it does not count as a defect on your account, and puts one on his buyer account. If it has been 3+ days, and no payment, the un-paid case will process in minutes. You get your FVF back, and good to go.

Then you can re-list, and be sure to block that buyer.

Hope that helps

In the future set your BIN listings with immediate payment required. Won't have problems like this again.

sending a cancel link does not put a defect on your account, he stated he could not pay, no point to waste time waiting to be able to open an unpaid case during the busiest buying time of the season.  All you have to do is send for "buyer purchased by mistake/ or changed mind" or if on the newer system "buyer asked to cancel the item or there is a problem with there address".    Stuff happens and at least they answered and said there paypal was locked up and they can't pay.  Just cancel it and move on.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jdmpartz said:

I suggest to open an un-paid item case , so it does not count as a defect on your account, and puts one on his buyer account. If it has been 3+ days, and no payment, the un-paid case will process in minutes. You get your FVF back, and good to go.

Then you can re-list, and be sure to block that buyer.

Hope that helps

Some misinformation here...A cancellation request only counts as a defect if you say you were out of stock or another reason that is the sellers fault ...Another way to get a defect is if you just refund a full payment with paypal...You can either select buyer purchased item by mistake or changed mind or problem with buyers address from the resolve problem on the auction page without getting a defect or use new cancel transaction where the top option gets you a defect(sellers fault ran out of stock) but the second option does not buyer requested. The buyer may still have the option to "accept" the cancel and in some cases could decline and still leave feedback and you would be stuck with the fees but not if you use the new 2 option cancellation( Located on items sold page. actions drop down where it says print shipping label)...Also an unpaid item case will not close until at least 48 hours after it is opened no matter how long you have been awaiting payment....I would recommend the 2 cancel options that state buyers mistake or buyer request...It is up to you if you want to Unpaid item case to penalize his account...Either way you could probably relist now. I would lean towards unpaid item case unless he has asked that you just cancel...

Edited by Brickshopper

37 minutes ago, Brickshopper said:

I would lean towards unpaid item case unless he has asked that you just cancel...

I agree with Brickshopper.

This is exactly where it would hurt his (seller) account for cancelling an order. I 100% understand there are 2 options, but when an item has not been paid, the second will not apply if the buyer did not initiate the cancellation. I hope that makes sense.

Just because he (buyer) did not pay, does not mean he (buyer) wants to cancel. You have to look at it through Ebays eyes.

File un-paid item, get your FVF back.  if you dont want a refund on your fees, so be it

Edited by jdmpartz