STAR WARS IX - "The Rise of Skywalker" - Movie Discussion

exciter1

Ben Kenobi: How long before you make the jump to lightspeed?
Han Solo: It'll take a few moments to get the coordinates from the navicomputer.
Luke Skywalker: [frantic] Are you kidding? At the rate they're gaining—
Han Solo: Traveling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, boy! Without precise calculations we could fly right through a star or bounce too close to a supernova and that'd end your trip real quick, wouldn't it?

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/T-65B_X-wing_starfighter     "Navigation system: Astromech Droid".

Could Luke have received an updated X-Wing?  Possibly, but it sure looked like (while it was underwater) it had the Red-Five markings we all know and love.

This is why I made the comment, it could have received an upgrade that it no longer required an astromech droid.  I find it hard to believe Luke would have sunk his X-Wing with another astromech still on board or that a droid would have survived being underwater for that long. 

Maybe Rey will "force connect" to R2-D2 and pull him to Ach-To because apparently force-teleporting inanimate objects is now a thing.

Edited by exracer327

50 minutes ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

In one of the newer Thrawn novels, I believe there are some force users that are used to navigate hyperspace routes, although I may be wrong on that.  So maybe Rey will just jump in the X-wing, connect to the magical force navigation computer in the sky, and fly away to save the day.  Yay!

Hyperspace GPS with voice command:  "Turn left on sector 220.093, in 2 parsecs, turn up on sector 2345.45.eee"  :D

36 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

I'm always amazed by the X-Wing's ability to withstand the elements.  They can get dumped in a swamp or ocean and still fly with no issues.  

And now they come in orange / white paint :P

1 hour ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

In one of the newer Thrawn novels, I believe there are some force users that are used to navigate hyperspace routes, although I may be wrong on that.  So maybe Rey will just jump in the X-wing, connect to the magical force navigation computer in the sky, and fly away to save the day.  Yay!

Yes, this is true in Thrawn: Alliances.  Vader did it at the end of chapter 17.  I just finished the Thrawn trilogy and thought it was the best out of all the new Star Wars books that I've read so far.

Yep. Chiss (Thrawn’s race) children that are force sensitive are used to navigate hyperspace.

They have a name in the Chiss language that translates to....

Skywalker

• 4 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I remember having that particular one as a kid.

I had #1-9 (Original movie), and 11-13.  They admittedly got a little weird after the first movie, but it was still very cool.  One of the 11-13 had a guy with a laser sword, kind of like the black saber on Mandalor.  The guy snuck up on Luke and Luke dodged his swing and then repulsed him with his light saber.  Good stuff.  Much better than what Disney is currently doing.

I had #1-9 (Original movie), and 11-13.  They admittedly got a little weird after the first movie, but it was still very cool.  One of the 11-13 had a guy with a laser sword, kind of like the black saber on Mandalor.  The guy snuck up on Luke and Luke dodged his swing and then repulsed him with his light saber.  Good stuff.  Much better than what Disney is currently doing.

I *think* that was issue 12? I remember having that one also. And the treasury sized issue one. Good stuff.
  • Like 1

And still seats available opening night in every showing near me. 

I feel like my friend has taken their prize muscle car behind close doors and all we're hearing is loud banging and grinding noises (nothing good).  What could come out is more beautiful, but I have very serious doubts. 

If any of von Doomcock's info ends up being correct, I wonder how many people will ask for refunds.  If Disney is really trying to redo this film this close to release, the costs have to be skyrocketing.

(*sigh*  I'm so sad).

And still seats available opening night in every showing near me. 
I feel like my friend has taken their prize muscle car behind close doors and all we're hearing is loud banging and grinding noises (nothing good).  What could come out is more beautiful, but I have very serious doubts. 
If any of von Doomcock's info ends up being correct, I wonder how many people will ask for refunds.  If Disney is really trying to redo this film this close to release, the costs have to be skyrocketing.
(*sigh*  I'm so sad).

I’m probably out of the loop, but I thought John Williams finished scoring it a week ago, and JJ said he had put it in the can earlier this week.

10 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

I’m probably out of the loop, but I thought John Williams finished scoring it a week ago, and JJ said he had put it in the can earlier this week.

I had honestly missed that but yeah, looks like they finished it Nov 25th.  I'm just waiting to see what the end budget is for this film.  It is weird how there is really no hype for this film.