STAR WARS IX - "The Rise of Skywalker" - Movie Discussion

exciter1

2 hours ago, exracer327 said:

So RoS takes place within one day just like TLJ?  So let's get this straight, an entire year has passed between TLJ and RoS and everything eventful takes place within just two days.  That just sounds ridiculous.

Furthermore, it used to take days in the Star Wars universe to travel to other planets.  I guess that no longer exists either.

Unfortunately yes

• Sad 1

I just watched a review with spoilers.  They compared their feeling of the movie to that of being thrown into a Sarlacc and digested slowly and painfully for years.  lol... *sigh*  So sad.  It also sounds like as I feared; they tried to accomplish too much - fix SW VIII, connect to SW VII, and still give us a story that we all cared about or at least made sense.  Admittedly, that was a VERY tall order.

1 hour ago, legolegolego2014 said:

Can anyone mention any retired Lego sets that might see a boost after being featured in the movie? 

75103 is already doing well, but it might get a boost. I'm also expecting a new Star Destroyer anytime.

I don't recall seeing Kylo's Command Shuttle in 2 viewings so far.

43 minutes ago, tawsauce said:

I'm honestly surprised how well 75190 is doing. Super excited about it. I bought 9 of them for $79.

A lot will depend on how swiftly the remake come along. If we get 2 Xmases out of it, that would be great but I expect that in next October´s wave they will bring out a substitute.

Saw it last night and left feeling very satisfied with the ending and how it all wrapped up. Now that I've had time to stew on it for several hours I understand how difficult wrapping up the 9 movies would have been as the saga if we take it on a whole really was a Skywalker AND Palpatine story.  The visuals were amazing, acting was excellent and my only major gripe was in line with some others that it really was pretty frenetic and a little too fast-paced within the story.  Will definitely be seeing it again.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tawsauce said:

Just saw it tonight. I really enjoyed it actually. It brings the trilogy together. Loved Rey and Kylo. Couple emotional scenes as well. Palpatine creeped the hell out of me though emoji16.png

This is what I'm dreading.  I never felt there was, or needed to be, a romantic connection between these two.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Can anyone mention any retired Lego sets that might see a boost after being featured in the movie? 
I like the Kylo Ren Shuttle remake however disappointed that it gets minimal to no screen time in the movie. Zorii Y-Wing is slightly more featured. First Order Troop Transporter has a significant scene. Kylo gets a new Tie which makes the old Lego one less exciting and almost guarantees a remake. This movie offers TONS of opportunities for new location and ship based sets (and MOCs). At least for now all the RoS sets produced so far actually showed up in the movie and in the right color.
  • Like 1

Saw it yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it. Hit me in the feels. I actually feel the need to go watch it again in the theater which is something I haven't done with any of the newer movies. 

When Red 5 was force-raised out of the waters, my heart jumped because I have a bunch of 10240's I need to unload. 

• Like 1