STAR WARS IX - "The Rise of Skywalker" - Movie Discussion

exciter1

Guest TabbyBoy
27 minutes ago, OrangeChiliPeP said:

Finally the return of the round dish! Amazing! 

Resurrection of 7965 or even 75105 with a misleading increase in piece count? Time to offload if you have them?

8 hours ago, mizeur said:

Misdirection. Vader looms large over both 7&8 without actually making an appearance. But we know that Kylo's misguided in fetishizing his grandfather because Anakin redeemed himself at the end. We get a Luke-Palpatine teaser but now Vader/Anakin's nowhere to be found? Please.

Anakin's ghost (cgi 9 year old Jake Lloyd?) is going to turn Kylo Ren back to the light or something.

I still find myself lacking interest in the whole thing.  I kind of get why Lucas stopped wanting to please the fan base, but I'd much rather have Lucas' weird ideas than the direction Disney has taken the whole franchise.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, donbee said:

Maybe Rey is the incestial love child of Luke and Leia from a one night stand during tESB. Explaining her super dose of the force. Truly the last, purest Skywalker.

I had hoped that somehow Mara Jade would end up being a student / lover of Luke's and the night Luke confronted Ben she had a premonition to run.  She assumed Luke was dead (cause he turned away from the force) and she ended up having a daughter on her own.  Luke assumed everyone was dead, including Mara, which caused him to not use the force to reach out for her. 

Mara, knowing that her daughter (a Skywalker) would be a threat to Kylo Ren and in danger, hid her daughter as far away as possible (Jakku). 

After all, the Jedi were never allowed to marry.  Why?  I assume it is because it would produce super-Jedi. 

I don't buy the "your parents were paupers" line from Kyle Ren.  He was trying to manipulate Rey and play off her fears.  

But love child works too.  You never know with Disney.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Resurrection of 7965 or even 75105 with a misleading increase in piece count? Time to offload if you have them?

37 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

Already thinking the same thing.

...and stockpile the Solo Kessel Falcon. If you just can't say no to investing in Star Wars sets, that's the one to buy. I doubt we will see that version again for a long time, if ever.

• Like 1

For what it's worth:

The trailer hints at a lot but I think we'll get a pretty straight forward film akin to The Force Awakens.  Luke saying "No one's ever really gone..." IMO is referring to the return of Ben Solo.   We see Rey and Leia together in the trailer.  Rey makes a promise to Leia that she will turn him to the good side.  Ben turns to the good side but only after sacrificing himself to save the others.  He dies in the arms of Rey.  During closing celebration we see Force ghost Anakin, Luke, Leia and Ben standing together.  Cut to credits. It would tie the three trilogies together.  With that said, Disney will probably screw it up.

Edited by Mathew

4 minutes ago, Mathew said:

For what it's worth:

The trailer hints at a lot but I think we'll get a pretty straight forward film akin to The Force Awakens.  Luke saying "No one's ever really gone..." IMO is referring to the return of Ben Solo.   We see Rey and Leia together in the trailer.  Rey makes a promise to Leia that she will turn him to the good side.  Ben turns to the good side but only after sacrificing himself to save the others.  He dies in the arms of Rey.  During Porg celebration we see Force ghost Anakin, Luke, Leia and Ben standing together.  Cut to credits. It would tie the three trilogies together.  

Sounds vaguely familiar .. Like I’ve see it all before 20 or so years ago .. 

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 12:00 PM, Ed Mack said:

From the article:

To truly understand this theory, and why it actually makes a lot of sense, we have to look back at the final episodes of Star Wars Rebels.

Exactly what I was expecting them to say.

I get most people didn’t watch Rebels but I was already thinking of it as a potential cause for the return of the Emperor.

2 hours ago, Ed Mack said:

So basically we can have scenes in this movie with every major character from the past if they chose to go that route.  Might be a cool way to end the saga.  

Why not? Exploiting the past has always been the MO ever since Disney took over Star Wars.  This could be a fitting and symbolic ending: they went to that well too many times.  Just like in real life, at the end they went back too many times and destroyed the past and future for most people.  Palpatine ended up back to rule the galaxy.  The End

21 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Why not? Exploiting the past has always been the MO ever since Disney took over Star Wars.  This could be a fitting and symbolic ending: they went to that well too many times.  Just like in real life, at the end they went back too many times and destroyed the past and future for most people.  Palpatine ended up back to rule the galaxy.  The End

That would really blow some people's minds.