71021 - Minifigures - Series 18

Lordoflego

So where do we think the price of the Police Officer will bottom out?  Looks to be around $35 on ebay.  I don't think this series will be in short supply. 

I’m going to guess, based on nothing, that the police officer may bottom out for a little while in the next couple of weeks, as supply increases. So maybe around $20?

As this series sunsets, I would expect the officer to go back up in price and stay at the same level as some of the oldest costume characters.

1 minute ago, Alpinemaps said:

I’m going to guess, based on nothing, that the police officer may bottom out for a little while in the next couple of weeks, as supply increases. So maybe around $20?

As this series sunsets, I would expect the officer to go back up in price and stay at the same level as some of the oldest costume characters.

Well, I'm hoping it'll drop by May 1st so I can use my eBay bucks to knock off a chunk of the cost. Sometimes, it's worth diving through boxes. Other times...naaah....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TANV said:

Well, I'm hoping it'll drop by May 1st so I can use my eBay bucks to knock off a chunk of the cost. Sometimes, it's worth diving through boxes. Other times...naaah....

Yeah, I don't bother smooshing.  I assume most smooshers already know where the police officer is so they are most likely picked out.  

I have never searched for minifigures like this so I have a few questions. 

1. Does calling ahead to ask if they have it in stock normally work?

2. Do stores normally have more in the back, even if they just put out one box?

3. Is it normal for stores to not have it shipped in/ on the floor by release date?

4. Will fresh boxes continue to appear as the series grows older?

39 minutes ago, LegoAddict42 said:

Fresh box just put out at one of my walmarts. Didn't even show price on the price checker yet. Sure enough police officer was on the left sixth from the back. Woo-hoo!!

I thought we agreed the location was on the left "third" from the back? Did I miss something?

I was on the fence this time, but decided to check my ghetto WM to see if they had a fresh box. They had an opened box so I was not expecting much, but within 3 seconds I found the police officer, and then another 10 mins later I had all 17 thanks to Brothers Brick’s guide. Definitely easy to smoosh, except perhaps a few figs (I found the spider difficult to find). Opened them all at home and was 100% correct.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, ufjason said:

Not necessarily, I had an employee pull 300 from the back. They turned out to be three cases of BM Movie 2 and two cases of series 18. I pulled the two policeman, fifth from the back on the left row and placed the cases back in the brown mailers. The employee put out all of the Batman since they were older and sent the two series 18 cases to the back again.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

That's what I meant. The case that was brought out to me only had the left seal cut and the bags on the left were picked through as if someone was looking for the policeman.

51 minutes ago, nami said:

I thought we agreed the location was on the left "third" from the back? Did I miss something?

Nope, I've read several posts where it definitely varies anywhere from the third to the fifth or sixth from the back on the left... Third from the back in the box I checked was a cactus girl 

• Like 2