71021 - Minifigures - Series 18

Lordoflego

What is this?  Also, what's google?

The new minifigures series is available. 

I have a really annoying newbie question. I’ve never gotten into minifigures but I’m considering dipping my toe in the water with this series. What’s the best/cheapest way to make sure one gets two each of the 17 figures?

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

I have a really annoying newbie question. I’ve never gotten into minifigures but I’m considering dipping my toe in the water with this series. What’s the best/cheapest way to make sure one gets two each of the 17 figures?

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Minifigures+

My opinion, of course. I like the zero work aspect. The price is usually close to RRP.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ufjason said:

Does it really need explaining?

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

well, sort of? maybe the question i'm really asking is, what identifying marking characteristic does each bag have that makes it easy to pick them out? i suppose none. i googled my question and discovered "bump codes" http://www.brickstolife.com/lego-minifigure-series-17-bump-codes-feel-guide/ so maybe somebody will do a series 18 version. i guess i should just buy a box of 60.  

1 minute ago, calmdahn said:

well, sort of? maybe the question i'm really asking is, what identifying marking characteristic does each bag have that makes it easy to pick them out? i suppose none. i googled my question and discovered "bump codes" http://www.brickstolife.com/lego-minifigure-series-17-bump-codes-feel-guide/ so maybe somebody will do a series 18 version. i guess i should just buy a box of 60.  

and, furthermore, do these series end up having rarity based on LEGO making more or fewer of a particular figure? like, is it possible that they made 1,000,000 cowboys and only 10,000 cactus girls (or whatever)?

8 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Surprisingly, I’ve yet to see these in the wild in SoCal. Usually they’re out a week or two before. I haven’t been to LEGOLAND California though, they might be out there. But they will no doubt be $4.99.

They are 4.99 again.  

1 hour ago, calmdahn said:

and, furthermore, do these series end up having rarity based on LEGO making more or fewer of a particular figure? like, is it possible that they made 1,000,000 cowboys and only 10,000 cactus girls (or whatever)?

you can look up the breakdown of this new season, the cop only comes 1 per box he is the most rare. 

Here is the distribution by box:

5 - Red Brick Suit, Blue Brick Suit

4 - Elephant Suit, Fireworks/Rocket, Red Dragon Suit, Spider Suit, Birthday Cake, Flowerpot, Cowboy, Blue Unicorn

3 - Party Clown, Birthday Party (Girl), Cactus, Cat Suit, Race Car, Birthday Party (Boy)

1 - Classic Policeman

Per box: You will get 3 complete sets, 1 classic policeman and 12 extras (61 bags).

• Like 2

14 hours ago, calmdahn said:
  • and, furthermore, do these series end up having rarity based on LEGO making more or fewer of a particular figure? like, is it possible that they made 1,000,000 cowboys and only 10,000 cactus girls (or whatever)?
  • 5x Brick Guy
  • 5x Brick Girl
  • 4x Birthday cake guy
  • 4x Flowerpot Girl
  • 4x Spider Suit Boy
  • 4x Cowboy costume guy
  • 4x Dragon suit guy
  • 4x Firework guy
  • 4x Unicorn guy
  • 3x Cat costume girl
  • 3x Party clown
  • 3x Cactus girl
  • 3x Racecar guy
  • 3x Birthday party boy
  • 3x Birthday party girl
  • 3x Elephant girl
  • 1x police man

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T-j_jYHQno&t=0s

Edited by emes001
Updated party clown name
  • Like 1

I am slowly getting to know my new area Walmart, so I knew Monday morning was the time to find fresh stock. The man unloading them was nice enough to pull out the box for me. I also found the police officer in the back left.(couldn't swear on it being third from the back) Now I am trying very hard to not just sell the police officer right now. I am hoping to check the B&N and other stores for another officer.

10 minutes ago, stackables said:

Anyone finding these at Meijer? 

According to a woman I met today while smooshing bags, the Meijer nearest me put them out a week early. Of course, "I heard it from a random stranger" does sound a lot like "I heard it from a LEGO store employee," so take that as you will. 

And, yes, @terrymc4677, that appears to be where the policeman is always located. 

• Like 2