71021 - Minifigures - Series 18

Lordoflego

All the minifigures are kept behind the till too. So I had to ask if I could choose my own and just stand right there to do it. Then some other employee came over and started smooshing too.

what possible reason would a company that’s currently going out of business and trying to sell all their inventory, including the fixtures themselves, have for limiting the amount of minifigures you can buy?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Clintonjoseph said:

what possible reason would a company that’s currently going out of business and trying to sell all their inventory, including the fixtures themselves, have for limiting the amount of minifigures you can buy?

The Canadian TRU is not going out of business (yet). Though it's owned by the global TRU, it is officially a separate company and is currently not part of the bankruptcy proceedings going on elsewhere. In fact, on it's own it is profitable ... the question becomes can it remain profitable once it's buying power is reduced. I also believe that eventually someone will need to come in and buy it from the parent TRU.

58 minutes ago, Mathew said:

So is the cop even that big of a deal?  Sure it’s rare but it’s a plain figure that won’t be appealing to most kids. Only collectors and completionists will want it. I also thought that CMF collecting was on the wane. 

Tell that to my 6 and 10 year old kids, who are dying for the Policeman because it's rare.

11 minutes ago, stackables said:

The police officer is one of the only skinny figures correct?  I was going to see if my sister can attempt to quickly smoosh for one at her local target :)

Correct...package will be much thinner compared to the others in the series. Verify by feeling for the hat, 1x2 tile, and 1x2 brick. If the case is fresh it should be the third from the back on the left side of the box. I found one today in that exact spot while on my Walmart clearance run. Others have reported it's the fifth from the back. Either way, if the case is fresh it should be in that area of the box. Good luck!

Edited by terrymc4677
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Alpinemaps said:

Sure can. Happened to me yesterday. And at a Walmart today. Not all stores choose to carry them.

I figured they would have at least batman figs.  Of course the inventory tracker showed they had minifigs in stock.  Had my sis pick up a couple full price groots though.

Is it possible for target not to have any minifigures?  My sister can't find any.  No batman or series 18.
I heard this story in several of my nearest Targets, none of which carry Series 18:

When series 18 was announced, they were told to pull all minifigurebags from the store shelves because of the April 1st street date. Every series they had, including Ninjago and both TLBM series had to be pulled and only got put back on the 1st.
Lots of stores are not even ordering Series 18, because they still have hundreds if not thousands of older series minifigs in the back. One associate showed me his My Device which showed 1000+ in stock at that store alone.

I only saw 1 box of Series 18 in any of my nearest 8 Targets, and it was positioned on the Electronics counter. No other stores had them. Some stores did say they might get them in in the next few weeks.
I figured they would have at least batman figs.  Of course the inventory tracker showed they had minifigs in stock.  Had my sis pick up a couple full price groots though.
Groots were 50% off in at least one of my Targets....

41 minutes ago, Phil B said:

I heard this story in several of my nearest Targets, none of which carry Series 18:

When series 18 was announced, they were told to pull all minifigurebags from the store shelves because of the April 1st street date. Every series they had, including Ninjago and both TLBM series had to be pulled and only got put back on the 1st.
Lots of stores are not even ordering Series 18, because they still have hundreds if not thousands of older series minifigs in the back. One associate showed me his My Device which showed 1000+ in stock at that store alone.

This is absolutely what happened at my Target. They had Tammy boxes of Ninjago and TLBM in backstock

41 minutes ago, Phil B said:

I only saw 1 box of Series 18 in any of my nearest 8 Targets, and it was positioned on the Electronics counter. No other stores had them. Some stores did say they might get them in in the next few weeks.
Groots were 50% off in at least one of my Targets....

What’s the dpci on this groot?

The WM inventory tracker shows 0 quantity "out of stock" on every WM within a 50 mile radius of my location? Any clue what that's about? Earlier in the week one WM about 20 miles away showed a quantity of 120, then it dropped down to 90-something, now even it shows out of stock. 

Edited by Dlambert2004