Toys "R" Us - 50% scraps are all that's left

jsteele

1 minute ago, Ed Mack said:

LEGO is going to have a hard time of it I'm afraid.  You don't lose approximately 1000 retail LEGO "showrooms" across the USA and not have it affect both short and long term sales.  The rest of the TRUs across the world will soon follow their American counterparts.  

I know some might laugh at my idea, but I though it would have been prudent of LEGO to help TRU with its debt.  The money LEGO will lose from this over the next decade or more will pale in comparison IMO.  They are already 30 million in the hole.

We'll see several small toy companies go out of business because of this.  They'd be smart to form a conglomerate management company that can organize/market their product with the remaining online and B&M retailers that are left.

7 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

LEGO is going to have a hard time of it I'm afraid.  You don't lose approximately 1000 retail LEGO "showrooms" across the USA and not have it affect both short and long term sales.  The rest of the TRUs across the world will soon follow their American counterparts.  

I know some might laugh at my idea, but I though it would have been prudent of LEGO to help TRU with its debt.  The money LEGO will lose from this over the next decade or more will pale in comparison IMO.  They are already 30 million in the hole.

LEGO is all about short term profit these days, I wonder if they are even aware of this before too late :drag:

1 hour ago, Ed Mack said:

That is what you call "temp workers."

Don’t they have a billion dollar capital? And plus they can write it all off for taxes.

15 minutes ago, Lego_Monsters said:

Don’t they have a billion dollar capital? And plus they can write it all off for taxes.

I'm sure LEGO, Hasbro, Mattel, and a whole bunch of other major toy manufacturers could have pulled their resources to make a deal happen.  It will hurt them all in the long run and already has cost them millions...

7 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

In my Cardpool issue - they issued a full refund.

I’d suggest if you still have weird GC amounts that you bought from them, check online to see if you can use it. .com will tell you when you try to order whether it’s a merch return card.

If it is, get your money back now. April 15 is fast approaching and I’m sure Cardpool would rather stick you with the loss than take it themselves.

i took the same route. got fed up with trying to redeem them. 

• Like 1

The TRUs around me are devoid of LEGO.  Everything was bought up with only 5% discounts.  Well, everything except Jyn Erso's - they have dozens upon dozens sitting on the shelf at multiple locations.  I almost feel bad for that one set.  It's received less love than the new partial AT-ST.  As someone else has suggested, they'll probably be the May the 4th giveaway this year and for the next few years after.

The TRUs around me are devoid of LEGO.  Everything was bought up with only 5% discounts.  Well, everything except Jyn Erso's - they have dozens upon dozens sitting on the shelf at multiple locations.  I almost feel bad for that one set.  It's received less love than the new partial AT-ST.  As someone else has suggested, they'll probably be the May the 4th giveaway this year and for the next few years after.
I think the Laval Chima Dimensions Fun Pack can run circles around Jyn Erso. Saw at least 200 in the electronics section of my one TRU that has been closing since Feb. They "only" had 50 Jyn Ersos.
  • Like 4

That escalated quickly.  RIP TRU

https://m.toysrus.com

Thanks for visiting. We have
shut down the website for any
purchases but our brick and
mortar stores are open and
holding going out of business
sales. You can keep up-to-date
with this historic sale at
http://goodbuytoysrus.com. We
encourage you to stop by your
local store and take full
advantage of the deep discounts
and deals available. Thank you
for your business and support
over the years.

Sincerely, Toys"R"Us and
Babies"R"Us teams.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

1 minute ago, squeakdigital00 said:

Paid off. Let it die so it doesn't affect score.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking but how does it die though? Got an email saying "You are welcome to continue to use your card at Toys“R”Us and Babies“R”Us stores and wherever Mastercard® is accepted if you have an “R”Us Mastercard." Just don't want to forget about it and have some fraudsters get a hold of it without me ever knowing it was maxed out and slapped with late fees upon late fees.

Edited by Lego_Monsters

2 hours ago, ravenb99 said:

That escalated quickly.  RIP TRU

https://m.toysrus.com

Thanks for visiting. We have
shut down the website for any
purchases but our brick and
mortar stores are open and
holding going out of business
sales. You can keep up-to-date
with this historic sale at
http://goodbuytoysrus.com. We
encourage you to stop by your
local store and take full
advantage of the deep discounts
and deals available. Thank you
for your business and support
over the years.

Sincerely, Toys"R"Us and
Babies"R"Us teams.

looks like they shut down their ebay business also. I actually thought they would sell their website.

There is a number of negative feedback on ebay about non-shipment so i guess they were having issues completing orders

23 minutes ago, river41 said:

looks like they shut down their ebay business also. I actually thought they would sell their website.

There is a number of negative feedback on ebay about non-shipment so i guess they were having issues completing orders

I wonder if anyone's going to take the toysrus username on ebay. Probably have to deal with trademark lawsuits in the future though.

Edited by Lego_Monsters

No. Just expecting my damn order that’s on hold that I used a much of GCs for.

I’m thinking I should call and try for a return

I have a small order that hasn't shipped yet. You can still log into your account and see the status of the order and it says in progress. Hopefully they will process the orders that were made before they shut down the website. That would be pretty shitty if they don't.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker Forum mobile app