Toys "R" Us - 50% scraps are all that's left

jsteele

Toys R Us issued the following statement:

There have been many sad moments for Toys"R" Us in recent weeks, and none more heartbreaking than today's news about the passing of our beloved founder, Charles Lazarus. He visited us in New Jersey just last year and we will forever be grateful for his positive energy, passion for the customer and love for children everywhere. Our thoughts and prayers are with Charles' family and loved ones.

The GoFundMe stuff, I don't understand why businesses that shut down (KMart/ToysRUs/etc.) don't start this several years beforehand. Like obviously, their financial experts see the trends and realize they'll likely be filing for bankruptcy in a few years, so why not start pleading before it's too late. Like if ToysRUs had the balls in say 2013 to buck up and announce "According to recent sales figure, our company will be out of business in ~5 years. We humbly need the public's help to keep us open. Any increased business or donations are welcomed."

Edited by Stud-Flipper

1 hour ago, Stud-Flipper said:

The GoFundMe stuff, I don't understand why businesses that shut down (KMart/ToysRUs/etc.) don't start this several years beforehand. Like obviously, their financial experts see the trends and realize they'll likely be filing for bankruptcy in a few years, so why not start pleading before it's too late. Like if ToysRUs had the balls in say 2013 to buck up and announce "According to recent sales figure, our company will be out of business in ~5 years. We humbly need the public's help to keep us open. Any increased business or donations are welcomed."

Shareholders would just love that news.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

As a taxpayer you ARE bailing them out. The taxpayer always foots the bill for anyone who declares bankruptcy

TRU could not effectively compete in the digital world. They ran into trouble and we're bought. The new owners took out massive loans to acquire TRU and the TRU failing business  did not meet those loans. Has it occurred to anyone that was the plan from the start of the takeover?   The  corporate officers were paid very high salaries and I'm sure bonuses and other perks during the failing years and with what money?  The loan money for the  buyout. Money they get to keep in spite of the bankruptcy. Companies do this all the  time with premeditation knowing later they will declare bankruptcy after taking out a huge loan for a buyout.  

How much money were you willing to donate again to a failed business and it's corporate robbers? Wait, let me go make a Go Fund Me page.... (:

• Like 2

I tried online chat this morning, and nada.  They weren't willing to help.  I'm going to go instore today (hopefully), and see if I can order using these merch return cards.  If they won't take them, I fear a fight with Cardpool.  But unlike Raise, I couldn't find anything about stores going out of business.  At the end of the day, the cards are still able to be used, but if they won't take them because they are merch returns with someone else's name attached to them, then Cardpool needs to suck it up, accept my return, and move on.

Assembly Square arrived and the first thing I saw was a hole the size that my hand could fit into right in the middle of the box!!!IMG_0147.GIF

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Assembly Square arrived and the first thing I saw was a hole the size that my hand could fit into right in the middle of the box!!!IMG_0147.GIF.668afabcb76c6a09d1fb1c2567e6a813.GIF

IMG_0144.GIF

This morning the store says up to 30% on items, with lego mostly being 5% off, if translation worked

Odd to do a 5%, but I guess they know feet in the door means people will just say whatever and buy stuff. ITS ON SALE!!!! (+15% vs anywhere else)

Edited by SweepyD
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, SweepyD said:

This morning the store says up to 30% on items, with lego mostly being 5% off, if translation worked

Odd to do a 5%, but I guess they know feet in the door means people will just say whatever and buy stuff. ITS ON SALE!!!! (+15% vs anywhere else)

Back up the truck for full price.

The 30% legos are gone. Couldn’t find a non-yellow tag Lego set. Other stuff aren’t THAT cheap, better prices can be found online. There are stuff that’s 50% off but didn’t find anything I like or flippable. Found some 40% drones but meh. Kids playsets are 50% off. And most stuff 10-30% off. Was hoping to find some video games or electronics for cheap but couldn’t find any video game consoles, those were a goner.

F73CBEDB-CE54-419E-B0A5-66416635EA09.jpeg

BB849412-2668-484D-86D0-6508226BE6B4.jpeg

238D6194-C117-4A23-845B-4D88685A7BFA.jpeg

Edited by Lego_Monsters