Toys "R" Us - 50% scraps are all that's left

jsteele

3 minutes ago, lazuli16 said:

I imagine the online inventory is probably going to be sold to liquidators or auction. 

Has anyone gotten a shipment notification from them since they stopped taking orders? I have a small order from 03/24 that's still sitting there. If they are not going to fulfill the order they should tell me. 

1 hour ago, jbacunn said:

Has anyone gotten a shipment notification from them since they stopped taking orders? I have a small order from 03/24 that's still sitting there. If they are not going to fulfill the order they should tell me. 

I placed a order two weeks ago, got a delay notification this past Friday, and a shipping notice today. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

My TRU was on the original closing list they got an email today closing was moved up to 4/11/18. All lego is now 50% off. Mostly brickheadz, polys and some duplo. Someone got all the angry birds. 

That's at least somewhat interesting.  I'd be a little interested to at least look.  Right now, everything is that damn 5% off, and just not interesting at all.

3 hours ago, jaisonline said:

i still don't believe they closed the web site.  makes no sense.    isn't it cheaper to sell online than physical stores  despite the IT costs?

That would make sense, but of course, they aren't really making sense.  Maybe LEGO took over their website. :lol: 

2 hours ago, jbacunn said:

Mine was sitting there from 3/21 until this past Friday.  I called and raised a storm.  Don't know that it did anything, but it's since been shipped out.

So what number has everyone used to contact about orders?  Or did they shutdown the call system this weekend?  

I have tried multiple times and it says "Sorry call back between 8am and 11 pm 7 days a week" when it is clearly between those times

So what number has everyone used to contact about orders?  Or did they shutdown the call system this weekend?  
I have tried multiple times and it says "Sorry call back between 8am and 11 pm 7 days a week" when it is clearly between those times

I used the standard number on the website. I had to wait on hold for an hour, but did talk to someone.

I stopped at our TRU yesterday. I couldn't believe how many cars were in the parking lot, however as I was walking up to the door, I passed 3 families who didn't have any items purchased. 5% off almost everything. One lady said "Why would I buy anything? Walmart's normal prices are cheaper than this stuff." Soooo, we wait. The lego aisles were still full of lego

• Like 1

I ended up getting in touch over the phone about an old order, was told they are pushing to clear the system of backdue orders as they know they have to honor the Gift Card purchases by the 4/21 date.

The woman helping me talked about the closing and you could tell it got her a little upset, but I will say she was great so at least they still have some good people helping out.

43 minutes ago, DarthOsiris said:

Went to a couple TRU in Denver this week and 5% is all they are offering. And the Lego shelves were mostly bare. The psychology of a going out of business sale seems to be overtaking people's ability to comparison shop. WM and Amazon have better deals.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

I agree.  I think people are going in for kicks, expecting to see massive discounts and leaving with nothing.  From what I've witnessed, only crap that nobody wanted was left.  Anything good was removed from the store.

There were big banners outside one of my stores last week that said 30% off, of course pretty much everything was still 10% off in the store and LEGO was 5%.  They had restocked quite a few things since they are emptying the warehouses now.  Does anyone know when they are going to bump up the percentage off or is it on a store by store basis?

2 hours ago, zskid00 said:

There were big banners outside one of my stores last week that said 30% off, of course pretty much everything was still 10% off in the store and LEGO was 5%.  They had restocked quite a few things since they are emptying the warehouses now.  Does anyone know when they are going to bump up the percentage off or is it on a store by store basis?

Just a guess, but I think the stores that are in that 90% mode now are the ones that were on the original store closing list.  The stores that have the 5% off LEGO are the ones (I believe), that were "the rest" of the stores that are closing.

• Like 2

Right.  That's what I thought.  I suppose I was expecting to see the second wave of stores move from 10-30-50-70-90, yet most everything was still 10% as of last week.  There was still a lot of products on the shelves and they were still restocking so I was surprised they haven't made additional markdowns yet.

Edited by zskid00

Stopped by today and the entire store was 50% off except LEGO which was at 20% off. Funny thing is the only set I could find was the the nexo knights blue castle for $119ish. I think they had the regular price around 150. I also found some DJ mini figures.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum

• Like 1