Toys "R" Us - 50% scraps are all that's left

jsteele

1 hour ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Dude I made tons of :money: selling those 50-70% OFF Galaxy Squad a few years ago... memories... :P 

2.50 crater creepers were nice,  selling lots of 20 for $150 those were the days

coincidentally LEGO had no problem selling a few pallets at a store of that stuff.   Half off GS Complete set runs weren't to bad though

about to get ugly.

vendors not getting paid.

unfolding slowmotion corporate tragedy with real people losing their jobs and fat cats moving on to the next future debt-laden roadkill like richard gere and jason alexander in pretty woman.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-03-13/toys-r-us-is-said-to-have-missed-vendor-payments-as-woes-mount

Edited by cladner
  • Like 4

36 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Fifty years from now....I hear Amazon is going to open stores that display their products.  Neat idea.  I wonder why I didn't think of that...

That's what will happen.  Once the millennials start dying off, they'll talk about the days when they could go into a store and know what they are buying.  

The death of store fronts is a bit disheartening, because it will allow companies like amazon to just sell tainted crap.  I can't tell you how many lego sets and star wars items i've bought directly from amazon (not 3rd party) and it came thrashed.  It was worse than any backwoods walmart that doesn't have cameras on the aisle.  I pretty much know that if I buy from amazon, it's going to be thrashed 8 out of 10 times.  Walmart.com is just as bad.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

That's what will happen.  Once the millennials start dying off, they'll talk about the days when they could go into a store and know what they are buying.  

The death of store fronts is a bit disheartening, because it will allow companies like amazon to just sell tainted crap.  I can't tell you how many lego sets and star wars items i've bought directly from amazon (not 3rd party) and it came thrashed.  It was worse than any backwoods walmart that doesn't have cameras on the aisle.  I pretty much know that if I buy from amazon, it's going to be thrashed 8 out of 10 times.  Walmart.com is just as bad.

I hope Amazon likes returns, because they are only going to increase...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I only wish I had the spare time to go into my TRU store and  gloat  at the manager and a few of her minions. They always treated me with indifference or spite shutting me down at every promotion and once even canceling a purchase AFTER it was rang up and paid for using TRUTH and gift cards.  I made the decision 2 years ago never to purchase from that store again until she no longer is  an employee there. I may still get my chance to gloat in 6 month's time after her unemployment checks run out and she is ringing up my purchases at Walmart clearance event.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Average Guy said:

I only wish I had the spare time to go into my TRU store and  gloat  at the manager and a few of her minions. They always treated me with indifference or spite shutting me down at every promotion and once even canceling a purchase AFTER it was rang up and paid for using TRUTH and gift cards.  I made the decision 2 years ago never to purchase from that store again until she no longer is  an employee there. I may still get my chance to gloat in 6 month's time after her unemployment checks run out and she is ringing up my purchases at Walmart clearance event.

Woah there Satan.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3