Toys "R" Us - 50% scraps are all that's left

jsteele

Did it boost sales?  Maybe.

But am I really headed back there to invest in them?  Nope.  I'm not buying gift cards.  I'm not going to use my CC to rack up points.  So if they floated the rumor to generate sales, it's a bit of a 'cut off their nose to spite their face' situation.  I've been staying away, and will continue to do so.

27 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Did it boost sales?  Maybe.

But am I really headed back there to invest in them?  Nope.  I'm not buying gift cards.  I'm not going to use my CC to rack up points.  So if they floated the rumor to generate sales, it's a bit of a 'cut off their nose to spite their face' situation.  I've been staying away, and will continue to do so.

It's a no interest loan with the ability for not being liable to honor it at a moments notice when they decide to start closing stores.

I was feeling nostalgic, remembering good times, when we had a billionaire on this board using the Toys R Us parking lot as his playground. Enjoy...

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Yes, the thread is very entertaining  He spills over all kinds of nonsense in the Bricktober thread that year too.  I'd share some more screen caps, but maybe I shouldn't. ;)

wait till I get my popcorn ready

6 hours ago, calmdahn said:

Just at Times Square TRU and shelves full of LEGO. absolutely no clearance items. New product like sanctum sanctorum showdown, the new milano, Shanghai, etc. Spoke w store manager and zero plans of shutting down.

Frankly I’m a little suspicious that news stories of pending OOB were floated to boost sales.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum

Store manager will first learn of plans to shut down from the same source as us, the news.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

If TRU is sending most of their inventory back to TLG, then how on earth is the latter going to offload all the excess inventory? Walmart isn't going to want to accept it and I doubt Amazon will want to warehouse it, either. 

I sense that another clearance blowout bonanza sale at LEGO Shop at Home, ala the Big Zoo, Jabba's Palace, and Vampyre Hearse sale from a few years ago, might be in our future. Unfortunately, the only sets to be blown out this time will be Batman Movie and Nexo, since those seem to be the only themes with an abundance of stock.

I sense that another clearance blowout bonanza sale at LEGO Shop at Home, ala the Big Zoo, Jabba's Palace, and Vampyre Hearse sale from a few years ago, might be in our future. Unfortunately, the only sets to be blown out this time will be Batman Movie and Nexo, since those seem to be the only themes with an abundance of stock.

You’re forgetting the Chima and Angry Birds sets that are still lingering.