Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V

exciter1

I had to order new SaturnV parts after my build from the Nov 2xVIP.  2 of the printed 'States' pieces were noticably scratched/faded.  Also two  red vertical holders had the clutch ring bent open too wide.   *edit* I will update with a seal code and pictures of the actual pieces later.

Online CS was excellent and my parts are due to arrive today/tomorrow, free of charge.

scratch.PNG

broken.PNG

Edited by BricksBrotha

Built mine today. Got to admit I wasn't to fussed about this set and didbt get the hype. Bought it anyway to see for myself. But now I've built it, I must say.,,

...really impressed. Really clever engineering and very satisfying.

despite the amount of repeat sections it doesnt feel repetitive at all. Very sturdy too.

(only grumble, lots of smaller pieces when larger ones would have done a better job. So it felt like they inflated the piece count a little. Not drastically but I'd say 50 -75 pieces could have been replaced by larger ones).

really impressed overall

Still available for backorder at EU SAH. Seems it is harder to burn through stock with limit 1 being enforced as I guess a lot of people will have had orders cancelled.

Yes, two of my orders (different) accounts were cancelled. Some weeks ago I had ordered one with each account (limit 5 at that time). So I reached the limit with first order.

17 hours ago, BricksBrotha said:

I had to order new SaturnV parts after my build from the Nov 2xVIP.  2 of the printed 'States' pieces were noticably scratched/faded.  Also two  red vertical holders had the clutch ring bent open too wide.   *edit* I will update with a seal code and pictures of the actual pieces later.

Online CS was excellent and my parts are due to arrive today/tomorrow, free of charge.

scratch.PNG

broken.PNG

IMG_2445.JPG

IMG_2447.JPG

Guest TabbyBoy
9 hours ago, thebrickdad said:

Walking into Leicester Square and buying them works fine also :)

How do you get it out of London in one piece? Do you drive in?

On 11/11/2017 at 10:38 AM, TabbyBoy said:

How do you get it out of London in one piece? Do you drive in?

I was in London in the week of 23-28 of November and visited the Leicester Square store nearly daily. Bought amongst others the Assembly Square, Disney Castle, Brick Bank, Snowspeeder, and London Bus (Creator Expert version) boxes. And I did bring those big boxes with me in the Underground (Piccadily Line, then switch to Central Line at Holborn all the way to Gants Hill :)). Got them back to the hotel unscathed despite going at rush hour. So... yeah ... it's possible. :P 

• Haha 1

Guest TabbyBoy
26 minutes ago, Haay said:

I was in London in the week of 23-28 of November and visited the Leicester Square store nearly daily. Bought amongst others the Assembly Square, Disney Castle, Brick Bank, Snowspeeder, and London Bus (Creator Expert version) boxes. And I did bring those big boxes with me in the Underground (Piccadily Line, then switch to Central Line at Holborn all the way to Gants Hill :)). Got them back to the hotel unscathed despite going at rush hour. So... yeah ... it's possible. :P 

You're a better man than I am. There's no way that I'd risk £100's in damage as some London commuters are amongst the rudest, impatient and uncaring people that you'll ever meet. My girlfriend has a Toyota Prius so I may drive that in one day as I can use a parking space nearby for a couple of hours on a quiet weekday. I even walked past it last Wednesday morning and there were still huge queues at the door!

LEGO... The Oracle shopping centre in Reading is crying out for a LEGO store, they have everything else - you're missing out on some huge footfall.

4 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

LEGO... The Oracle shopping centre in Reading is crying out for a LEGO store, they have everything else - you're missing out on some huge footfall.

You greedy Brits wanting even more LEGO stores :P  ... The Netherlands hasn't got any LEGO store! TLG expects us to drive for a few hours to either Germany (Oberhausen or Essen) or Belgium (Wijnegem) for the D2C sets, seasonal sets and Ideas sets that are not sold in 3rd party toy stores in The Netherlands. If there's ONE country in Europe that finally deserves to get their own LEGO store it's The Netherlands! :) 

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy
7 minutes ago, Haay said:

You greedy Brits wanting even more LEGO stores :P  ... The Netherlands hasn't got any LEGO store! TLG expects us to drive for a few hours to either Germany (Oberhausen or Essen) or Belgium (Wijnegem) for the D2C sets, seasonal sets and Ideas sets that are not sold in 3rd party toy stores in The Netherlands. If there's ONE country in Europe that finally deserves to get their own LEGO store it's The Netherlands! :) 

Does Amsterdam still have the Intertoys store about 10min walk from the train station? I will gladly dig up the Leicester Square store and take it to you as it's Hell to get to and to get in! Even though it's currently in the busiest shopping area in the World, it's impossible to park anywhere close and they don't deliver. I saw the new UCS MF there a while back, but how would I get it home intact? Being London, I'm surprised they don't charge an entry fee.

53 minutes ago, Haay said:

Wrong! They want you to pay overinflated Lego tax prices via SAH.

39 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Does Amsterdam still have the Intertoys store about 10min walk from the train station? I will gladly dig up the Leicester Square store and take it to you as it's Hell to get to and to get in! Even though it's currently in the busiest shopping area in the World, it's impossible to park anywhere close and they don't deliver. I saw the new UCS MF there a while back, but how would I get it home intact? Being London, I'm surprised they don't charge an entry fee.

Yeah, that Intertoys store is still there in Amsterdam. Though Intertoys itself is a crappy store to buy Lego from in The Netherlands because they hardly have any competition, and they regularly jack up the price above RRP. 

The Leicester Square store does do free delivery to Lego buyers who reside in hotels within inner London. Unfortunately the hotel I was staying at, in Ilford, was too far away from downtown for free delivery. :P 

2 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

2 hours ago, Haay said:

You greedy Brits wanting even more LEGO stores :P 

Too bad the one closest to Reading (Watford) is estimated to be shut down in next 12-24 months.
You have the one in Westfield why stressing out going to Leicester where is always busy,  It's mainly a tourist attraction not the Lego centre for AFOL Die Hards.
(except the big launches of the new products)

• Alpinemaps changed the title to Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V