Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V

exciter1

12 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

At least we'll know in a few weeks whether to take "Sold Out" on LEGO's website seriously. The good news is that we know demand continues to be strong. Even though "Sold Out" should be good news for me, I still have a gut feeling that it will be back with a vengeance just in time for Xmas to kill of any QFLLs on eBay. I'm looking forward to see if VERY do get any stock in for 15DEC or not.

Have any of you pre-ordered from Very yet and, if so, has your credit card been charged?

I ordered one, and my card has been charged. Was thinking of cancelling however, as feel it's going to end up worse than JL packaging

Guest TabbyBoy
4 minutes ago, neeon82 said:

I ordered one, and my card has been charged. Was thinking of cancelling however, as feel it's going to end up worse than JL packaging

Bloody cheek, I had a feeling they would!

If you're building it (thoroughly recommended!), I wouldn't worry if you paid £87.99 for it. As long as returns are free, you may as well go along with it as you may not get another chance if EOL in the UK just happened ;-)

I picked up 25 from JH this morning and 20 were in factory boxes of 2 and 5 on their own in bin-liners, but all were mint. It's just the luck of the draw with retailers these days. My worst boxes this month have all been from LEGO themselves!

Edited by TabbyBoy

Just now, TabbyBoy said:

Bloody cheek, I had a feeling they would!

If you're building it (thoroughly recommended!), I wouldn't worry if you paid £87.99 for it. As long as returns are free, you may as well go along with it as you may not get another chance if EOL in the UK just happened ;-)

This will be my 6th now, I've also returned a fair few to JL too as they had a habit of taping the cardboard meant to protect it to the actual box.

Guest TabbyBoy
4 minutes ago, lego_bricks said:

Littlewoods are also expecting stock on 15 Dec but are pricing it at £139.99 (mmm...no thanks) but being stocked in more places.

"Sold Out" on UK SaH could be a false flag or 15DEC could be the very last distribution in the UK, let's hope so. Littlewoods charge well over RRP so that they can offer "interest free" payments.

1 minute ago, neeon82 said:

This will be my 6th now, I've also returned a fair few to JL too as they had a habit of taping the cardboard meant to protect it to the actual box.

Which branch? Mine is Reading and I very rarely have a problem. I've picked up over of 250 sets from them this week so far and I've been very happy. As with all retailers, ALWAYS choose C&C, never delivery.

3 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

"Sold Out" on UK SaH could be a false flag or 15DEC could be the very last distribution in the UK, let's hope so. Littlewoods charge well over RRP so that they can offer "interest free" payments.

Which branch? Mine is Reading and I very rarely have a problem. I've picked up over of 250 sets from them this week so far and I've been very happy. As with all retailers, ALWAYS choose C&C, never delivery.

Yeah that was a harsh lesson,it was two different home deliveries. Thought one delivery was a mistake as why would someone do that? And chanced it again, but same thing. Very order I've gone C&c, and waiting on a Lego SAH order that went missing (They use Yodel, I don't understand why anyone would use Yodel?!) last month to be reshipped on their 5th December run

Guest TabbyBoy
3 minutes ago, jimmajenga said:

It's sold out for every country except Canada and US... and South Korea who actually have it in stock lol. Not sure what it all means! :P

It means that those who missed out can buy it from..... ME !!!

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, jimmajenga said:

And that's when TabbyBoy became King of the world!

I've got 6... compared to your what... 6000? xD 

207.... 43 to go.

I need something to add as a sweetener when I sell my 21312 Women of NASA sets! ;-)

1 hour ago, JimboJet said:

Just bringing this one back.

Exactly. When was the last time LEGO killed a best seller (without providing a revised version)? In the world of immortal T1 and TB and resurrecting TJ this set will be here until 2020 at least. What they will do is raise price a few times, I can guarantee that, as this set is underpriced compared to others.

Guest TabbyBoy
8 minutes ago, Pebble&Park said:

Can we get an update on the smugness level?

Still the same, the fat lady will be in great voice when she hits the stage. There's no dampening my spirits on this baby ;-) The long it's for sale, the more I'll corner the market when the time comes.

Guest TabbyBoy
10 hours ago, inversion said:

Exactly. When was the last time LEGO killed a best seller (without providing a revised version)? In the world of immortal T1 and TB and resurrecting TJ this set will be here until 2020 at least. What they will do is raise price a few times, I can guarantee that, as this set is underpriced compared to others.

Mars Rover?

Research Institute?

What's TJ, Taj Mahal?

If the price of 21309 goes up (it should really have been £149.99 all along in UK), that'll only add to its post EOL value - bring it on I say. Anyway, how can I possibly lose with a buy-in average of £95 per copy?

24 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Mars Rover?

Research Institute?

What's TJ, Taj Mahal?

If the price of 21309 goes up (it should really have been £149.99 all along in UK), that'll only add to its post EOL value - bring it on I say. Anyway, how can I possibly lose with a buy-in average of £95 per copy?

Mars Rover and RI came before LEGO adopted the strategy of not retiring good sellers. Back then every set was produced no longer than the scheduled lifetime.

And yes, you guessed TJ right.

Guest TabbyBoy
20 minutes ago, inversion said:

Mars Rover and RI came before LEGO adopted the strategy of not retiring good sellers. Back then every set was produced no longer than the scheduled lifetime.

And yes, you guessed TJ right.

I'm unsure if any of us on here really knows what LEGO's stragegy is let alone logic or even the smallest of celebral activity.

• Alpinemaps changed the title to Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V