Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V

exciter1

Guest TabbyBoy
13 minutes ago, mauro23 said:

I have already quickflipped about 15 of them, but you are right, I am not "Mr. Average" at all.. :-)

There's no way I'm flipping mine now as I'm after £100 post tax/fee profit per unit after EOL. In the UK we only have John Lewis (max 5) and LEGO (max 1) to get these from. That's why this will be gold in the UK.

If these fail to sell for RRP after EOL, I'm going to shove one up my arse!

11 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

There's no way I'm flipping mine now as I'm after £100 post tax/fee profit per unit after EOL. In the UK we only have John Lewis (max 5) and LEGO (max 1) to get these from. That's why this will be gold in the UK.

If these fail to sell for RRP after EOL, I'm going to shove one up my arse!

I thought you were done in the investing game.  You've been so adamant to tell us...

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, steven_cambridge said:

I thought you were done in the investing game.  You've been so adamant to tell us...

I did state “never say never” and always had praise for this set. How could I resist? ;-)

15 minutes ago, andyposterfan said:

I bought a Saturn in store with VIP card,

will they look at that if I try to order another online and cancel the order?

there is "no-one" looking at that, it's fully automated system. upon sales department decision is whether they will involve VIP in store transactions or not. Mine went throu with transaction on my VIP card with Saturn during VIPx2 on 10th of october so yes, those who made a purchase before online will be most likely affected with cancellation.

Guest TabbyBoy
5 minutes ago, Captain_chaos said:

Yeah, even though my last order was 2 months ago, they still seem to enforce it.

I got round it by asking my cousin in Cardiff to pick up 2 for me and pay cash. He also got a bunch of promos too that he’ll give to his boys.

On 30. 10. 2017 at 10:02 PM, TabbyBoy said:

It all bodes well for above average post EOL performance in the UK as long as it stays exclusive to LEGO and JL. Since IDEAS participants can design gems like this, why can’t LEGO instead of resurrecting old sets with no added features or updates?

As you can see, I’m into buying again, but only as many 21309 that I can get my hands on. I don’t see the point in buying any other set for profit. This is a dead cert for 2x within months.

well. if you have that KIND OF ISSUES with purchasing more than 3 items at the time.. why dont you follow my previous sniplets.. as to the local factory employee who are "willing to sell their kidney for a price.." - in this case WHATEVER you want.. they can get for 50 per cent in the factory store + their margin.. look up the ads at sites such as deti.bazos.cz or www.sbazar.cz

I had no idea this ONE existed.. did you (others)? So it was "legal" to submit to IDEAS a project based on a previous company product?

LEGO Discovery 7468: Saturn V Moon Mission

Just now, TabbyBoy said:

Back in stock at John Lewis, I only ordered 5 as my "contact" is on holiday. I'll simply ordering as many of these as I can.

It really sems that LEGO will NEVER cover the demand of the resellers for this set... :-)

The ebay prices are currently only 30 Euro over RRP... It seems that the market becomes saturated soon...

Guest TabbyBoy
On 07/11/2017 at 9:24 PM, thebrickdad said:

UK SaH no longer out of stock but backordered to 5th December now...  Will that be that last big push or will they just keep on making it?  My money's on the latter...

Nobody knows even though LEGO have struggled to supply them to UK buyers. I hope thay hang on a little longer as I want enough to go with every 21032 WoM set that I have ;-) If there continues to be production/distribution problems, it cant' last much longer - surely?

Since 21303 is nearly 2x RRP after fees within a year and was constantly available everywhere, how can 21309 bomb? What would you rather buy... 21309 or a crap set of the same size and at higher cost with the Disney logo on it?

Guest TabbyBoy
1 minute ago, mauro23 said:

It really sems that LEGO will NEVER cover the demand of the resellers for this set... :-)

The ebay prices are currently only 30 Euro over RRP... It seems that the market becomes saturated soon...

Simple economics can explain current eBay prices as the set is still available in most locations if people look a little harder. While it's not retired, prices will often be suppressed. I remember that WALL-E didn't even exceed RRP while that was OOS and look at it now. Even Doctor Who is finally joining the party.

IMHO... 21309 is simply the best value LEGO set ever made - period !!!

37 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I hope thay hang on a little longer as I want enough to go with every 21032 WoM set that I have ;-)

Alright, I'll bite. As a master of simple economics, why do you want an equal number of saturns and women of nasa?

Edited by Pebble&Park
wrong set name

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Pebble&Park said:

Alright, I'll bite. As a master of simple economics, why do you want an equal number of saturns and women of nasa?

Because I have OCD?

Because I'll then have a nice round number of each?

Not pair together per se, but as an incentive when the buyer clicks "Buy It Now" when I list 21309 as an auction. For example, listing a 21309 with a starting bid of 1p with BIN set at £299.99 with a free 21312 thrown in. It's a couple of years away yet as I need additional feedback on my new eBay PRIVATE account and these will both "skyrocket" after EOL. I'm in no rush to sell either as both sets are timeless.

Guest TabbyBoy
19 minutes ago, hockeyweasel said:

Better yet, why does he want an equal number of Sydney architecture sets? Since that is 21032.  Lysdexic with our numbers?

Be careful... we don't want you choking on your own Vimto! ;-)

• Alpinemaps changed the title to Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V