Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V

exciter1

56 minutes ago, andyposterfan said:

Agreed, Leicester Square isnt easy for everyone.

fyi -

I had to say something on UKHotDeals, I get sick of everyone giving you a hard time for no reason. It's a form of trolling but they seem to target you.

I thought it was Tabby trolling HUKD.  I'm sure he does it for fun.

4 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

It all bodes well for above average post EOL performance in the UK as long as it stays exclusive to LEGO and JL. Since IDEAS participants can design gems like this, why can’t LEGO instead of resurrecting old sets with no added features or updates?

As you can see, I’m into buying again, but only as many 21309 that I can get my hands on. I don’t see the point in buying any other set for profit. This is a dead cert for 2x within months.

well. if you have that KIND OF ISSUES with purchasing more than 3 items at the time.. why dont you follow my previous sniplets.. as to the local factory employee who are "willing to sell their kidney for a price.." - in this case WHATEVER you want.. they can get for 50 per cent in the factory store + their margin.. look up the ads at sites such as deti.bazos.cz or www.sbazar.cz

I would have expected this to sell out again considering today is the only day you can get 3 freebies from EU SAH by combining this with a Juniors set.

Tomorrow we get Women of Nasa so people will want to combine both I guess.

If it is still available to backorder, we can imagine the next production run will be a big one.

Guest TabbyBoy
11 hours ago, MoHu said:

I thought it was Tabby trolling HUKD.  I'm sure he does it for fun.

Yes, I do as there’s so many useless deals :-)

8 hours ago, crayxlp said:

well. if you have that KIND OF ISSUES with purchasing more than 3 items at the time.. why dont you follow my previous sniplets.. as to the local factory employee who are "willing to sell their kidney for a price.." - in this case WHATEVER you want.. they can get for 50 per cent in the factory store + their margin.. look up the ads at sites such as deti.bazos.cz or www.sbazar.cz

How do you think I got my hundreds of Mars Rovers then? ;-)

11 hours ago, Kneel_Before_Zod said:

Everyone already knew this. 

Thank you for your observation, don’t give up your day job ;-)

Guest TabbyBoy
36 minutes ago, Val-E said:

I would have expected this to sell out again considering today is the only day you can get 3 freebies from EU SAH by combining this with a Juniors set.

Tomorrow we get Women of Nasa so people will want to combine both I guess.

If it is still available to backorder, we can imagine the next production run will be a big one.

It would’ve sold out if previous buyers didn’t have their orders cancelled, it ain’t “rocket” science ;-)

12 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

I did ask and she thought it wasn’t which doesn’t help much. I honestly thought that Smyths and TRU would have them by now. JL has Fishing Store too.

Very also had them in stock for a couple of days, managed to get 3 with 20% off so £88 each. Unfortunately that was 20th July and they haven’t had any more yet.

Guest TabbyBoy
15 minutes ago, Tpkuk said:

Very also had them in stock for a couple of days, managed to get 3 with 20% off so £88 each. Unfortunately that was 20th July and they haven’t had any more yet.

That’s close to my average buy-in. Since this is a lot of set for only £109.99 and LEGO probably have to pay NASA for licensing, this may not make them enough money for long term production and they could can it. Just my 2p worth.

BTW... What is Very’s LEGO packaging like? I ask as I’ve had other stuff from them in bin liners where box doesn’t matter.

Edited by TabbyBoy

10 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

That’s close to my average buy-in. Since this is a lot of set for only £109.99 and LEGO probably have to pay NASA for licensing, this may not make them enough money for long term production and they could can it. Just my 2p worth.

BTW... What is Very’s LEGO packaging like? I ask as I’ve had other stuff from them in bin liners where box doesn’t matter.

They normally box up lego sets (single walled), but these were in bin liners - didn’t mind so much as these were for parting out.

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

Take into account that with WoS, they are paying the licence fee regardless. I expect that set to last at least 12 months and the rocket won´t be far behind.

Guest TabbyBoy
52 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Take into account that with WoS, they are paying the licence fee regardless. I expect that set to last at least 12 months and the rocket won´t be far behind.

It's just my gut feeling, LEGO are so unpredictable nowadays that none of us know what bomb they'll drop on us next.

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Val-E said:

If every reseller stocks 99 plus units at full RRP, then failure is guaranteed.

That goes for every set which means that they'll no longer be rare and supply > demand.

I sense a little doubt in your typing about this set. You're not thinking that it came out of a dog's arse, are you? ;-)

I think it's impossible for "Mr Average" to get anywhere close to 15 let alone 99 due to SaH and JL restrictions. I'm just lucky that I know a few JL retirees who are willing to help me out. If LEGO ever relax the limit to 99 like the old days, I will be ordering 99 in a heartbeat. I'll never forget the day when those 99 Fire Brigades arrived!

1 minute ago, TabbyBoy said:

That goes for every set which means that they'll no longer be rare and supply > demand.

I sense a little doubt in your typing about this set. You're not thinking that it came out of a dog's arse, are you? ;-)

I think it's impossible for "Mr Average" to get anywhere close to 15 let alone 99 due to SaH and JL restrictions. I'm just lucky that I know a few JL retirees who are willing to help me out. If LEGO ever relax the limit to 99 like the old days, I will be ordering 99 in a heartbeat. I'll never forget the day when those 99 Fire Brigades arrived!

I have already quickflipped about 15 of them, but you are right, I am not "Mr. Average" at all.. :-)

• Alpinemaps changed the title to Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V