Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V

exciter1

On 10/27/2017 at 12:31 PM, Pebble&Park said:

This x100. I am pretty damn small time and don't have the capacity to visit stores all that much, and even I have scored almost 50 of these things (and sold most of them). I don't find it hard to comprehend at all that someone could have bought and sold hundreds of these given the right hustle, financing, and geography. Congrats on your success!

Thank you for your kind words.  I would certainly rather spend my time collaborating with people who are encouraging over people ripping others down.  I have met some amazing and generous people on here I have learned from.  I am grateful and wish you the very best!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Shewie said:

Lol I dont have a single Saturn in my Online purchase history but in Store using my VIP card and even though it identifies my purchase flagging me immediately as for Limit Exceeded.
I havent seen anything like this before.

wow, lego.

I believe if the set is currently in your Cart, visiting the set's page will display the "exceeded" button, meaning you can't add a 2nd to the cart.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for this. Those 2 freebies at the same time seems like a great deal. Picked one up that will probably be a present.

EDIT: Nope, scratch that. Just received an email saying that the order has been cancelled, presumably because I ordered one in August. How irritating.

giphy.gif

Edited by Captain_chaos
  • Sad 1

Thanks for this. Those 2 freebies at the same time seems like a great deal. Picked one up that will probably be a present.
EDIT: Nope, scratch that. Just received an email saying that the order has been cancelled, presumably because I ordered one in August. How irritating.

Same here. Bye bye freebies.

Guest TabbyBoy

I’ve just ordered one also, let’s see if it’s cancelled too. If it is, then I’ll use JL with staff discount when they have them again.

1 hour ago, Captain_chaos said:

so the limit policy 1PHH is actually working?!

my order atm.

so I think mine passed eventually.
Edited by Shewie

Guest TabbyBoy

LOL... My order has just been cancelled. Since my last order didn’t contain the VIP set or O2 Caveman set, I’m now returning that tomorrow - two can play at that game! While I’m at it, I’ll also return my 70618 DB as it has a tiny crease in the box and I’ll tell them that! It’s fine as I had a call from Tesco this afternoon saying that the 3x DB I wanted are now available ;-)

If they ban me, so be it... there’s nothing exclusive there anymore.

Guest TabbyBoy
5 minutes ago, Val-E said:

When did this come back at SAH and how long did it take to go to backorder? I see they finally put limit 1 on it.

I think available and backorder within the hour. Is this the hottest set ever? I think so and there’s genuine production/supply problems. I can’t see this lasting more than 6 months. I’m re-ordering the max from John Lewis as soon as they return to stock.

11 minutes ago, Val-E said:

When did this come back at SAH and how long did it take to go to backorder? I see they finally put limit 1 on it.

it was 1PHH from the very beginning (window opened from 4PM), if someone made purchase before his next order for 21309 will get eventually cancelled since customer is exceeding the limit for Online Shopping stated - 1per house hold/account, doesn't apply the same for Brand Store purchases registered on VIP Transaction, because my order is live. But probably every next order of Saturn from my acc would eventually end up with cancellation.

• Like 1

Well, it proves to Lego (along with Fishing Store) that large scale Ideas sets can be successful. That´s great news going forward.

1 minute ago, Shewie said:

it was 1PHH from the very beginning (window opened from 4PM), if someone made purchase before his next order for 21309 will get eventually cancelled since customer is exceeding the limit for Online Shopping stated - 1per house hold/account, doesn't apply the same for Brand Store purchases registered on VIP Transaction, because my order is live. But probably every next order of Saturn from my acc would eventually end up with cancellation.

Thanks. It had been limit 5 until the restock.

Guest TabbyBoy

It all bodes well for above average post EOL performance in the UK as long as it stays exclusive to LEGO and JL. Since IDEAS participants can design gems like this, why can’t LEGO instead of resurrecting old sets with no added features or updates?

As you can see, I’m into buying again, but only as many 21309 that I can get my hands on. I don’t see the point in buying any other set for profit. This is a dead cert for 2x within months.

Edited by TabbyBoy

Guest TabbyBoy
2 minutes ago, andyposterfan said:

Plenty on the shop floor in Leicester Square 

The problem is getting them across London and then home. Perhaps I can load up her Prius and use Apple HQ’s parking space for an hour? A mate works there. However, ordering 5-at-a-time from JL works at the moment.

Guest TabbyBoy
50 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Did you ask your JL friend if it IS exclusive. TRU have it in most other countries and here every toyshop has them. Only Fishing Store is a SAH exclusive for now.

I did ask and she thought it wasn’t which doesn’t help much. I honestly thought that Smyths and TRU would have them by now. JL has Fishing Store too.

Guest TabbyBoy
2 minutes ago, andyposterfan said:

Agreed, Leicester Square isnt easy for everyone.

fyi -

I had to say something on UKHotDeals, I get sick of everyone giving you a hard time for no reason. It's a form of trolling but they seem to target you.

Thanks, but I have fun being a troll on HUKD. Don’t believe what I say on there as I’m full of BS ;-)

4 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I did ask and she thought it wasn’t which doesn’t help much. I honestly thought that Smyths and TRU would have them by now. JL has Fishing Store too.

Maybe they have a temp exclusivity up to Xmas. If it were a true exclusive they would have advertised it. Do they have a xmas toy catalogue? Is it in there?

• Alpinemaps changed the title to Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V