Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V

exciter1

Guest TabbyBoy
1 minute ago, Val-E said:

The only rarity factor this set is on SAH. Everywhere else is stocked up to the gills and ready to go for Xmas. I´d say forget about it for 9 months and check back next autumn.

Apart from some UK LEGO stores that none of us can easily get to, it's unavailable again. I've never seen demand like this before, how can it fail?

Guest TabbyBoy
28 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Wonder how long it will take the original designer to become a millionaire? There must be some serious jealousy from the GBHQ and Maze guys......

If the designer gets, say 1% of RRP then one million sets need to be sold to make over £1,000,000. I'd guess that he's at least £25,000 richer by now. For all we know it could be in production for 5 years or more , but I somehow doubt it.

Guest TabbyBoy
7 minutes ago, cladner said:

in stock at target.com  and target on ebay where you can get 8% back in ebay bucks.

It seems like the US does have the lion’s share of stock and it appears to be sold everywhere there. I just hope that exclusivity remains with LEGO and John Lewis only in the UK. If not, there’ll be discounts to be had down the line. Hmmm... just in time for Tesco’s 3-for-2?

3 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

It seems like the US does have the lion’s share of stock and it appears to be sold everywhere there. I just hope that exclusivity remains with LEGO and John Lewis only in the UK. If not, there’ll be discounts to be had down the line. Hmmm... just in time for Tesco’s 3-for-2?

this is the first retail sighting of the set in the US in 3 weeks.  this is the first restocking since release at target.

there are only 4 left at target.       poof.  that was quick - no more than 15-20 available.

Edited by cladner

On 17. 10. 2017 at 11:10 PM, TabbyBoy said:

Years ago? It was less than a year ago if I remember correctly. At this time last year I was still buying big (eg. Tesco 3-for-2) which is why my inventory is still quite large. I sense a bit of jealousy which isn’t good for you. It’s frankly my business if I want to get back into the game or not. I have a feeling I will, but I’ve not decided 100% yet. I’m giving it a lot of thought now and offloading a lot of mediocre sets at cost to make room. There’s not many good sets around this year worth taking a punt on. Star Wars is just a joke, and it’s game over on that theme - 75192 being the exception.

Since we’re all competitors on here, I’d be foolish if I shared the whole truth.

3 fo price of 2 (Tesco mentioned example) is in my view a very poor deal.. I wouldnt touch now anything with at least 50 % off.. 

27 minutes ago, Haay said:

FNAC in France still has them in stock but has hiked the price to €149,99 (from €119,99).

They had 499 in stock  at 119.99€

They sold more than 350 in a week period and then decided to put the price to 149.99€. And now they sold about 3-4 a day.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, furax59 said:

They sold more than 350 in a week period and then decided to put the price to 149.99€. And now they sold about 3-4 a day.

106 left for the moment. For TLG price policy that set is nearly 45% off with a RRP of 119.99€! 

I wouldn't`t be surprised if TLG increases the RRP of that set in few weeks?! ?

I remember they have already done it in Germany with the first Edition of Jabba´s Sailbarge.

• Thanks 1

Guest TabbyBoy
11 minutes ago, Blockbuster said:

This set has disappeared from John Lewis’ web page when searching for Lego Ideas Products....anything in it?

Nothing in it, it's still there ;-(

Screen Shot 2017-10-20 at 17.48.16.png

I've sold hundreds of these.  I will keep buying.  Still my favorite set of all time.  Nothing like it imho.  Y'all can fight about whatever you want.  I thought it would be a get in get out and move on and 6 mos later I'm still selling at a decent enough profit to keep wanting to flip.

• Like 1

On 20/10/2017 at 3:45 PM, furax59 said:

FNAC.COM

Stock back to 474 still at 149.99€

Expect the price to return to 119.99€ shortly.

• Alpinemaps changed the title to Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V