Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V

exciter1

really great, no stock in Europe.

And if, we dont have double points already (why stopped 10 days before USA ?!)

These are the moments, when I wish L-E-P-I-N will kill Lego due this absolute ignorancy of non-US markets. Especially Asia is on ignore list of TLG (highest prices, no discounts, poor distribution, no stores). So lets take it, bogus bricks.

Edited by fantomas007
  • Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
46 minutes ago, blocp13 said:

loads of these in SAH Cardiff yesterday. Didn't get any, 2 many on ebay already at break even before double vip and promos

I'd have left none there! It's only the best value LEGO set in years and the best IDEAS sets to date. Expect 3x RRP within 2 years of EOL.

12 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

Anyone else slightly discombobulated by just how bullish Tabby is on this, it just feels wrong

it is the lego set with the most reviews on us shop at home website.  and its highly rated on all those reviews.  so clearly there is end-user demand to support post eol price and bullish outlook.  the big question is how long will production last.  all you have to do is look at ecto-1  to see what overproduction does to devastate a market.

Edited by cladner

7 minutes ago, cladner said:

it is the lego set with the most reviews on us shop at home website.  and its highly rated on all those reviews.  so clearly there is end-user demand to support post eol price and bullish outlook.  the big question is how long will production last.  all you have to do is look at ecto-1  to see what overproduction does to devastate a market.

The model is beautiful, but I will leave that set alone for post EOL since it will be over produced and uuuuuber horded! Think it will easily get to 200€ First Xmas after EOL.

I think that Set is similar to the VW Camper. 

Edited by Sozial

Guest TabbyBoy
48 minutes ago, cladner said:

Ecto-1 is rising nicely so a little patience is required. I remember the Delorean being available everywhere for a long time and often heavily discounted - look at it now. This rocket is in a class of its own and those that go in big and are patient will be rewarded. At worst it's a no lose gamble as you'll easily get RRP back for it.

2 hours ago, fantomas007 said:

really great, no stock in Europe.

And if, we dont have double points already (why stopped 10 days before USA ?!)

These are the moments, when I wish L-E-P-I-N will kill Lego due this absolute ignorancy of non-US markets. Especially Asia is on ignore list of TLG (highest prices, no discounts, poor distribution, no stores). So lets take it, bogus bricks.

To be fair, this issue goes both ways. The seasonal Halloween set sold out, I want to say, weeks ago in US and is still available in other countries. :(

On 10/10/2017 at 12:37 PM, BricksBrotha said:

I decided to take the plunge and ask if he has heard any news on the 21309 fore front and if it will be avail for 2xVIP.   He started by chuckling and saying funny i mention it, they were just talking about it at the CS area he was in.  He said the next shipment will be even larger than the last.  That has been their model, make more each time and each time they sell out. So this time, they are making even more and hoping to get the right number to fulfill all the people who want/need one and remain in stock.  He said next shipment (fwiw) is due to arrive most likely end of this week, begining of next week.  Meaning there is a good likely hood this will pop up before 2xVIP ends. Just need to keep those eyes peeled.  Most likely the VIP poly wont last and lloyd and cave people will be over.  Ahhhh welll, the goal is to get this on dubVIP1f4aa.png

Well well well, looky here. All stores/websites have stock, SH/stores has stock.  Looks like they finally did a decent production run this go.  

6 hours ago, Shneebs said:

Anyone want this from Lego SAH with 2xVIP?.... ;-)

Thanks, finally got one on 2xVIP.  Website was throwing an error, again, so had to call to complete the order.  The lovely lady on the other line offered a 10% discount and free next day shipping for my time.   $107 with 2xVIP and free easter minifig, Yes Please!!  

edit: reviewing my receipt and another nice suprise. i come from a heavily taxed state and it appears it was left off?!  Never does anything cost exactly what the price tag says.  Except today!

Edited by BricksBrotha
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, thebrickdad said:

That proves my point. Picture taken last weekend in a major supermarket chain in London.

Although this particular set seems coincidental, since its still sitting on the shelves over here as well, I do get your point, .   I do remember It was pretty big for the college kids as i qausi remeber attending costume parties everyday of the weekend when i studied in Scotland for 8 mo.  

12 minutes ago, thebrickdad said:

That proves my point. Picture taken last weekend in a major supermarket chain in London.

It will be worth going on the 1st november when they reduce them. I've done well with the 40122 this year after that chain cleared them for £6 last year.

Edited by John82

56 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

Thanks, finally got one on 2xVIP.  Website was throwing an error, again, so had to call to complete the order.  The lovely lady on the other line offered a 10% discount and free next day shipping for my time.   $107 with 2xVIP and free easter minifig, Yes Please!!  

edit: reviewing my receipt and another nice suprise. i come from a heavily taxed state and it appears it was left off?!  Never does anything cost exactly what the price tag says.  Except today!

Just called back and added another winter vignette to give me the VIP poly. Their CS has been top notch, guess they have to be!

• Alpinemaps changed the title to Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V