TRUTH Tactics : and now the end is here

Alpinemaps

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

Most recently, Slave 1, Tie Fighter, Big Ben, Simpson's House, Technic Porsche, Sandcrawler, and probably others.

I wish our local TRU had these. The most expensive set they carry is the Lego Batman Movie Arkham Asylum.

1 minute ago, SageFly said:

I wish our local TRU had these. The most expensive set they carry is the Lego Batman Movie Arkham Asylum.

Mine too, an occasional big set will slip in.  I bought a Grand Emporium with coupons years ago and 10188 made regular appearances in other stores as well, sometimes marked up close to $500.

Question for all your experience TRUTH buyers. Do you need to have you credit card on hand when purchasing?

I personally hate carrying all my cards and love places that let you use your social to pay on the card.

Anyone know if this is allowed at TRU? Or do you have to have the Cc present with you?

2 minutes ago, scatttcat said:

Question for all your experience TRUTH buyers. Do you need to have you credit card on hand when purchasing?

I personally hate carrying all my cards and love places that let you use your social to pay on the card.

Anyone know if this is allowed at TRU? Or do you have to have the Cc present with you?

they can look it up by SSN

• Like 1

I'd rather hand ANYONE every one of my credit cards rather than give ANYONE my SSN. Trust me, the less people that have your SSN the better. Believe me.

You input your SSN on the keypad. You don't give it to the cashier.

Not saying that it's more secure, just that the cashier doesn't see it.

I come from a place where my SSN was my student ID and I'm a federal employee that was part of the data breach a couple years ago. They've got my number.
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

You input your SSN on the keypad. You don't give it to the cashier.

Not saying that it's more secure, just that the cashier doesn't see it.

I come from a place where my SSN was my student ID and I'm a federal employee that was part of the data breach a couple years ago. They've got my number.

Still pass, thanks. I also don't care for apps that hold gift card info. I'm old skool.

Edited by dcdfan

5 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

How long does it take for Rewards to generate?  I might try to generate the $20 I have, to use today.  But won't bother with it if I can't get it generated by this afternoon.

It's usually instantly, if you generate them through the rewards site.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

It's usually instantly, if you generate them through the rewards site.

30 minutes ago, micbelt said:

I usually do it on my phone through the site and it is instant

Great, awesome.  Wanted to make sure before I started the process.

16 minutes ago, pstebbing said:

Coupon?

There was a 15% off one regular priced item coupon on a flyer that came out two weeks ago.  Started on Sunday and goes through 6/24.

That's part of my reason for asking about the Rewards.  I've got my eye on something.

• Like 1

There was a 15% off one regular priced item coupon on a flyer that came out two weeks ago.  Started on Sunday and goes through 6/24.
That's part of my reason for asking about the Rewards.  I've got my eye on something.

Mailed? Or floating around online?