TRUTH Tactics : and now the end is here

Alpinemaps

Just now, thelovemachine said:

You can use it in store or online.  But you have to use all of it.  If you don't use all of it, the rest go away.  SOme have said not to use it online in case order is canceled for whatever reason, and you may lose the reward and it's a pain to get it back.  They work well in store.  Can combine with TRU cc, gift cards etc.  Hope that helps.

But what about Lego?

I just looked at reward I used last week.... It didn't say exclude LEGO.  So that might be new... Wow...

Offer Valid for Rewards“R”Us members only. Membership
number must be presented at time of purchase.
Print this email to redeem this offer in store.
*Excludes Gift Cards, SquareTrade Protection Plans, phone
orders, all fees, shipping, and Build-A-Bear. “R”Us Reward
Dollars can be used toward the one-time purchase of
qualifying products in store or online at Toys“R”Us or
Babies“R”Us. Only one “R”Us Reward Dollars code can be
entered per online purchase. “R”Us Reward Dollars must be
surrendered at time of purchase and value is forfeited if item is
returned. “R”Us Reward Dollars prorated among eligible items
purchased.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2017 at 3:19 PM, Mrbigz8657 said:

Just a heads up for cardholders. I received a one time 15 off 100 coupon in an email this afternoon. Lego hard to find is excluded. Everything else is a go I believe 

instead of 15 off 100 I got the 10% off any day, got it on Monday as well

same subject ("Simone, This Coupon Is ONLY for "R"Us Credit Cardholders Like You!") then in the email body "Save on the day YOU choose! Exclusive offer for our “R”Us Credit Cardholder friends" - expires Aug 16th (in stores only, excludes "LEGO Hard To Find")

2 hours ago, LegoBro said:

I just got a rewards today. Doesn't say anything about excluding lego.

Have to correct myself here...I was looking at a rewards from a month ago.  The one I received today says excludes lego :(  just as well...the Nerf stage just hit my kiddo.

edit..sorry kiddo...i just got the rewards to work on lego.

Edited by LegoBro
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Wow.  Well, this is bad news. Lucky I'm saving my Rewards for Christmas stuff right now. But if I'm not buying LEGO I'm not generating rewards. 

If this sticks, I suspect this thread (and our buy days) are over. 

Yep. the LEGO or LEGO construction set exclusion started early this month with the 15% and 20% coupons in the mail. A couple of threads back I posted on it and a few folks answered that it was the same last summer. But I checked the posts from July / August 2016 and saw nothing about unusual LEGO exclusions. It is a bummer.

7 hours ago, brickology101 said:

Yep. the LEGO or LEGO construction set exclusion started early this month with the 15% and 20% coupons in the mail. A couple of threads back I posted on it and a few folks answered that it was the same last summer. But I checked the posts from July / August 2016 and saw nothing about unusual LEGO exclusions. It is a bummer.

We are referring to a new exclusion on our VIP rewards.  The "free" money we get from using our TRU credit cards.

BTW, just placed an order online successfully for UCS Slave I using $105 in rewards that I created just now (mine are normally issued at $120).  I clicked on the exclusions for mine and didn't see LEGO mentioned. Wonder if it makes any difference when my latest round of points banking began?  I last had one created in May.

They had kind of started to make up for excluding LEGO from their 15% and 20% coupons by having certain themes on sale for 20% each week.  What I miss, in particular, are the days of discount gift cards getting up into the double digits.  Now I'm just happy if it's enough to negate the sales tax.

Edited by hockeyweasel
word change
  • Like 1

I had $50.00 worth of Rewards as of today, went to the Toys R US store today and got the Silent Mary, had to go to 2 stores as the first Toys R US the Box was badly damaged, the second store they had a mint box, and the $50.00 worth of Rewards points worked.

On 12/9/2016 at 1:58 PM, Lego Templar said:

With the Samsung pay thing could get them down to 42 dollars if I'm not mistaken. Hmmmmmm never bought any scooby doo sets.

I have just activated my Samsung Pay and I have looked for TRU discounted GC: I could not find any (I thought these were 20% a while ago): can you please confirm if this is also a periodic Samsung Pay offer and how frequent it was in the past?

Thanks!

On 7/21/2017 at 8:40 PM, thedingman5 said:

Ok, that gave me an idea.  In-store, no dice.  Online, I WAS able to use it.  So, perhaps there's a window before the IT controls kick in...thanks LegoBro and Pseudoty!!!

shoot, requesting my reward now.

Edited by minicoopers11

Also cashed in my rewards. Couple of observations:

1) the recent update to the TRU website *SOCKS*. Several attempts to view a list of ALL LEGO sets, sorted by price, available for Store Pickup ended in empty or non-existing pages. When I finally found a link that did work, I got into JSP hell, and the sorting and filtering parameters didn't carry over to the next page. So net, no way to see a full list of all sets ordered by price.

2) when I got to checkout with my selected sets, it recognized the Reward but did not apply it, saying it "did not meet the criteria". Which leads me to think that the website route is getting the exclusion applied as well as we speak.

3) luckily, the mobile site still accepted the reward, and I was able to order for Store Pickup.

Net, as speculated before, the use your TRU Rewards for LEGO days are ending.

• Like 1