TRUTH Tactics : and now the end is here

Alpinemaps

On 8/4/2017 at 8:05 PM, Ayleux said:

These days I only go to TRU for something exclusive like certain polybags. Hardly a sale that can convince me to buy anything otherwise.

Agreed.  

I could see going there for their mini-builds.  However, the last few have been sub-par at best.  My kids could design something more creative than their latest builds.

Only other thing might have been exclusive sets.  However, last time I asked a LEGO store manager about exclusives, he said they were ending all store-specific exclusives as of this fall.  I.E. he specifically mentioned the the new A-wing, exclusive to TRU, will be one of the last ones.

Otherwise I'm tired of seeing jacked-uped prices for sets I can get much cheaper at LEGO@home, Target, WM, or Amazon.  No point in going...

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

Agreed.  

I could see going there for their mini-builds.  However, the last few have been sub-par at best.  My kids could design something more creative than their latest builds.

Only other thing might have been exclusive sets.  However, last time I asked a LEGO store manager about exclusives, he said they were ending all store-specific exclusives as of this fall.  I.E. he specifically mentioned the the new A-wing, exclusive to TRU, will be one of the last ones.

Otherwise I'm tired of seeing jacked-uped prices for sets I can get much cheaper at LEGO@home, Target, WM, or Amazon.  No point in going...

If the end of store-specifics is true, that is welcome news. Such a pain to keep up with. I guess we'll still see store-specific promos (polybags, small box sets, etc) though.

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Kenxxx said:

Anything going on Force Friday at TRU this year? I know they're open midnight... But any free t-shirt, or poster or anything?

you will also be able to purchase the exclusive Luke Skywalker’s Landspeeder from Radio Flyer

Radio-Flyer-Luke-Landspeeder-800x445.jpg