10255 - Assembly Square

Alpinemaps

7 minutes ago, Vader888 said:

the dimensions don't seem to be very impressive, kinda short.  Would have liked something larger for 4000+ pieces.  

Modulars are getting progressively smaller and the Town Hall was the only exception.  You really need two of the brick bank and this set to line them up to the other building (D. Office is close to requiring two sets as well)

3 minutes ago, redghostx said:

Modulars are getting progressively smaller and the Town Hall was the only exception.  You really need two of the brick bank and this set to line them up to the other building (D. Office is close to requiring two sets as well)

A bit disappointing, but I will buy this regardless because I'm a completist.  I think TLG knows this will sell, especially to those that have bought modulars in the past.

28 minutes ago, mattyman said:

...Collect and build an entire town with the LEGO Creator Expert Modular Building series 10243 Parisian Restaurant, 10246 Detective’s Office and 10251 Brick Bank.....

Interesting that they didnt mentioned PS and PC. Why to ignore the mention of them, if they plan to produce them next year? There is a world "and", not "or", so it looks like a exact list of active modulars...It also makes a logic - its not good to have many modulars - competitors for new monster modular.

Looks great, new design with surely some new building techniques. Perhaps even the beginning of a new more retro-modern cityscape more befitting of these modern times.  Possible phasing out of some oldies and fresh new sets; what more can possibly be asked for.

Edited by junkrigger

With this being 4000 pieces, $400+ and pretty similar in size to recent modulars like the Detective's Office, it's essentially just Lego forcing you to buy 2 modulars at once (in a single box). Love the interior details, strongly dislike the small/cramped exterior, and overall disappointed in this set.

To me this is akin to Assault on Hoth: It's got the price tag and piece count to be something amazing but instead they just stuck a bunch of little models together.

8 minutes ago, bricketycricket said:

With this being 4000 pieces, $400+ and pretty similar in size to recent modulars like the Detective's Office, it's essentially just Lego forcing you to buy 2 modulars at once (in a single box). Love the interior details, strongly dislike the small/cramped exterior, and overall disappointed in this set.

To me this is akin to Assault on Hoth: It's got the price tag and piece count to be something amazing but instead they just stuck a bunch of little models together.

Image result for lego assault on hoth meme

• Like 4

Love the colors, love the design of the buildings, it's just sooooooo cramped.  Needs a bigger footprint, and definitely a 2nd copy to finish out the buildings correctly.  4000+ pieces and most seem to be tiles of some kind. Ha.  All the little details that they throw in are great.  Mini builds of past Creator sets like Eiffel, HE, T1, Mini, etc. 

Buildings are definitely getting smaller over the years but we are also getting a much more finished product.  The biggest complaint about Cafe Corner is the lack of interior.  Then when Lego gives us a more detailed interior but reduces size by a bit to keep pricing level we complain about the size of the building. 

• Like 2

Love the colors, love the design of the buildings, it's just sooooooo cramped.  Needs a bigger footprint, and definitely a 2nd copy to finish out the buildings correctly.  4000+ pieces and most seem to be tiles of some kind. Ha.  All the little details that they throw in are great.  Mini builds of past Creator sets like Eiffel, HE, T1, Mini, etc. 
Buildings are definitely getting smaller over the years but we are also getting a much more finished product.  The biggest complaint about Cafe Corner is the lack of interior.  Then when Lego gives us a more detailed interior but reduces size by a bit to keep pricing level we complain about the size of the building. 

Green Grocer managed to achieve both. The pinnacle of modulars
  • Like 2

Just now, Huskers1236 said:

Yes it did, Green Grocer is amazing.  I personally put PR above it on my list because of the new techniques they used for it but GG is my #2. 

I agree with that and Parisian Restaurant was a fantastic build and easily my most enjoyable modular build. I LOVED the restaurant and kitchen part. Green Grocer is the only set with both impressive size and nice details.

• Like 1

Three years later getting back into Lego building and collection, I feel numbed. Design is not so much priority to Lego. Just based on Assembly Square appearance, I see limited character except three modulars crowded together, boasting 4000 pieces. Maybe one day Lego would come up with 10,000 pieces set? Maybe release in two sets and release one at the time, followed by the other and you can't fully complete the build if you don't buy the second set. 

• Like 1

Seems like 4000 pieces is the old 2000 pieces...Nice set.  Some cute ideas.  LEGO really could have made a nice "anniversary" set with some rare numbered bricks or minifigures.  I am not overly impressed with it, but I love large sets and this one will sell a ton at $279.00 for 4000 pieces.  I really like the baby...so damn cute.  Overall, a well done and detailed set that could have been better.