10255 - Assembly Square

Alpinemaps

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, mattyman said:

they have increased the UK price to £179.99 - I'm not surprised.  I'm sure if was £169.99 a few days ago

Nice catch. The Marmite effect continues. It will be interesting to see if they readjust other prices on 1st Jan. If any large exclusive looks cheap in GBP compared to other currencies, might be a good idea to get one before then.

Guest TabbyBoy

It'll be $999.99 in the US soon thanks to Trump!

Since this set may be as un-exclusive as all the others, I'll wait until one of the retailers knocks 20% or more off it. I'll only buy one and no more until the Pet Shop appreciates - if it ever does.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 10:47 AM, weitzel78 said:

Will assembly square be available for early VIP access?

It should be if we are going by Lego policies for VIP members saying that we would have early access, is there a way to check how much were made of this item? Wonder If it will be hard to get because of the anniversary label on it.

Guest TabbyBoy
On 29/11/2016 at 3:47 PM, weitzel78 said:

Will assembly square be available for early VIP access?

No!

As it's available to the riff-raff on 01JAN17 and wasn't available to VIPs on 18DEC16 allowing for the typical 2 weeks before. Therefore, there's no flipping opportunity and it'll be sold everywhere and be massively hoarded - I'm only buying one but, when only when it's discounted or good promo and 2x VIP. LEGO... at least prove me wrong and make this set 100% exclusive to LEGO only. That excludes you, TRU !!! 

Also it's not longer listed on the UK site which seems to have a lot of problems this week. My VIP points have also just dropped to zero! Check yours asap if you're in the UK.

42 minutes ago, Leopard said:

It should be if we are going by Lego policies for VIP members saying that we would have early access, is there a way to check how much were made of this item? Wonder If it will be hard to get because of the anniversary label on it.

I believe they're individually numbered to 99 sets worldwide. I'm lining up now. Bad news is not every LEGO store will even receive one and you won't know until the store opens on January 1 so I might be wasting the next week and a half for nothing. 

Please note:  The above is inaccurate as the set is not numbered or known to be limited in any way. 

• Like 5

On Thursday, September 29, 2016 at 11:09 AM, nolanfan34 said:

The name is interesting. What would that be? Assembly can have a dual meaning of course, maybe it's a modular sized Lego store? Or what if they somehow came up with a modular sized 3-in-1 with three different building options? *mind blown*

Thanks for the ideas idea! U will deff get honorable mention when the set comes out lol. i might even give one of em to u. I dont think lego would unleash that kind of maddness on the masses tho. How sweet would that be!?!?! and quite a project to undertake for  the master builders. Did i just hear master builders get called out????? I sure do hope so....... 

Been stocking up VIP points since May or so, placed an order since both Vancouver stores sold out before their initial opening line ups were even done. Paid $260 CAD tax in. 

I just sort of wish the batwing poly promo wasn't on.... Cause we all know they're going to chuck that in to the shipping box first. I'd like my set to arrive pristine even if I am building it... 

I'd like to point something out to all of you folks that have Detolf cabinets and have run out of space on their Modular shelves.... With some creative insertion into the cabinet, and exclusion of technic pins (you could actually successfully use the half-pin that creates a stud when plugged in, forget its official name, but beware if you want to get it back out of the cabinet...), a 32+16 stud baseplate JUST fits. I plan to display my Assembly Square behind glass something like this: 

IMG_3548.JPG

• Like 5

Got one today... 

So tell me if this happens at all Lego stores - My store at Roosevelt Field Mall opens at 11 AM.  Got to Lego store at 10:30 AM today and was second to show up. I hung by the front door to stake out my spot as you would normally do waiting for a store to open. I got there early so I could get in and out quickly to meet up with my wife for a movie.  Around 20 people showed up after me, most about 5 minutes before opening.  There were 2 employees in the shop and when one of them opened the doors at 11 everyone just rushed in, paying no mind to the people that were there lined up first.  Then there was a mad dash to the register and the shelf next to where they put out a few sets.  I was able to get one but about 10 people just pushed their way past me to grab sets and get in line ahead of me.  There was no attempt at all by the employees to make it an orderly experience.  

There were also 2 young teenagers whose parents just let them rush in front of everyone.  I'm never gonna tell a kid, especially in a toy store, to follow common decorum.  But what kind of parents just let their kids push past adults lined up like that? One of the kids was clearly buying it for their dad.  

• Like 1